ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:26 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Character over talent got us Todd Blackledge.
I was just a kid, and I remember being so disappointed. I think we drafted him because Penn State won the "NC"
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:28 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I was just a kid, and I remember being so disappointed. I think we drafted him because Penn State won the "NC"
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:46 PM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Many experts touted Trever Lawrence as the next generational QB.
College prospect projections mean nothing in the NFL. They are just that, projections.
We have learned this lesson over and over again with QBs and WRs in particular.
It sucks for the Bears to not have that choice of a cut and dry talent of a Peyton Manning where you know for sure you have a franchise guy of a high character.

I see Kyler Murray with this guy. A bigger, more accurate Kyler Murray.
But with the mental makeup of a midget. Soft and entitled.
Lol of all the great #1 overall QBs throughout history you chose Peyton Manning as the high character guy?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:44 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Who cares? Mahomes finished his career 2-6 in his last 8 games.
So I will ask the question....are you saying that you are absolutely sure that Caleb Williams will become the next Patrick Mahomes (like we seem to see with every new crop of QB) or will he become the next Johnny Manziel?

Talent doesn't guarantee a winner....especially if the brain attached to it doesn't show the maturity to face the certain adversity that will come with the pressure of being the guaranteed #1 pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:19 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So I will ask the question....are you saying that you are absolutely sure that Caleb Williams will become the next Patrick Mahomes (like we seem to see with every new crop of QB) or will he become the next Johnny Manziel?
It's one or the other? No in between allowed?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:26 AM 03-04-2024
Who cares? Mahomes finished his career 2-6 in his last 8 games.
One of the things that really made Mahomes stand out in college was his superior performances even in losing efforts. Tech wasn't losing because of offensive failures, Tech was losing because the defense couldn't stop anyone. Mahomes was always behind the 8-ball.

Looking at Caleb Williams statistics in his final 6 games isn't the same. Generally speaking, he wasn't putting up terrible numbers, but they sure weren't similar to what Mahomes was putting up in his last 8 games. Furthermore, there is a pretty big dropoff from what Williams was putting up in his first 5 games of the year and what he was putting up in his last 9 games.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:29 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's one or the other? No in between allowed?
Not when you are the consensus #1 pick with all this hype.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:38 AM 03-04-2024
After watching the QBs throw at the combine, Chicago should draft Caleb Williams and then trade him to the Atlanta Falcons for the #8 pick and their next 2 first round picks. They could then draft Joe Alt at #8 and Michael Penix at #9. After watching Penix throw, I think he is this draft's CJ Stroud.
[Reply]
wazu 07:43 AM 03-04-2024
Not when you are the consensus #1 pick with all this hype.
So if he becomes the 7th best QB in the NFL is he Patrick Mahomes or Johnny Manziel?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:55 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
So if he becomes the 7th best QB in the NFL is he Patrick Mahomes or Johnny Manziel?
I'm not saying it is fair....but when you have all this hype being less than what you are projected can make people label you .

And to answer your question....if he is the 7th best QB then he is Justin Herbert or Kirk Cousins.

Not bad. But not a franchise QB
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:11 AM 03-04-2024

Talent doesn't guarantee a winner....especially if the brain attached to it doesn't show the maturity to face the certain adversity that will come with the pressure of being the guaranteed #1 pick.

Nobody will be the next Patrick Mahomes. That’s a ridiculous standard. As far as I can tell the comparisons are about style of play and arm talent, not that if he isn’t 1b to Mahomes’ 1a then he’s a failure.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:41 AM 03-04-2024
Caleb Williams has great talent and off platform plays. The question is does he have the will to make football a priority and the drive like Mahomes to be the best. I don't see it in regards to his actions and comments.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:53 AM 03-04-2024
Nobody will be the next Patrick Mahomes. That’s a ridiculous standard. As far as I can tell the comparisons are about style of play and arm talent, not that if he isn’t 1b to Mahomes’ 1a then he’s a failure.
But it is the one that everyone uses these days....sorry but that is just how it is.

I think if he gets to be the 7th best QB in his first hear then the Bears are right for taking him.

But if he is more Justin Fields redux or Kenny Pickett then everyone will jump on the failure bandwagon.

No question the capability is there...but does he have the mental make up to work past the pressure he will face.

Some have wilted with less pressure.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:11 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
After watching the QBs throw at the combine, Chicago should draft Caleb Williams and then trade him to the Atlanta Falcons for the #8 pick and their next 2 first round picks. They could then draft Joe Alt at #8 and Michael Penix at #9. After watching Penix throw, I think he is this draft's CJ Stroud.
Penix surprised me with how well he threw in his undies in Indy because i thought back to how badly he was missing guys on the biggest stage of his life in a real, championship football game.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:26 AM 03-04-2024
He will be closer to Manziel than Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up