ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:57 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Well, yeah. If I’m down to my pistol against a bear there is a lot less shooting and a lot more running taking place. Killing bears seldom has anything to do with an actual mission, so I’m ok with that strategy.
I walk pretty much everywhere. I see A LOT of bears (and cougars). I usually have my double barrel out at all times and only switch to tactical when I see cultists.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:07 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm really enjoying it.

Much like AC, where my first intro was Black Flag due to the subject matter, I got into FC because of Primal. FC5 is the first entry after and I'm now a big fan of the series. I am going to play FC3 since I went and bought the season pass to get the DLC.
Far Cry 3 to me, was the pinnacle of the franchise. You will very much enjoy that game. Vaas is in my top 5 game villains all time. Michael Mando knocks it out of the park.

5 was just kinda meh, to me. I finished it and all, but when New Dawn came out, I never even gave it a glance.

Never played primal. I gotta have mah gunz.

4 was quite fun imo as well, you should definitely check out 4.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:28 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Far Cry 3 to me, was the pinnacle of the franchise. You will very much enjoy that game. Vaas is in my top 5 game villains all time. Michael Mando knocks it out of the park.

5 was just kinda meh, to me. I finished it and all, but when New Dawn came out, I never even gave it a glance.

Primal was an absolute blast.
[Reply]
Fish 03:47 PM 03-13-2021

Gotta agree. 3 was probably my favorite. The locale was so much fun. The story was engaging. 4 was OK. Worth a playthrough. 5 was cool in that there were so many outposts to conquer, and they pretty much perfected the outpost fight part of the game. Which is my favorite part of Far Cry, liberating outposts. The big castles were a blast, and appropriately difficult.

The ending though. Ooof.

I completely passed on Primal as well. For the same reason. Far cry with just a bow sounded like a stealth heavy borefest.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:06 PM 03-13-2021
Anybody complete 4 in the first 5 minutes?
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:13 PM 03-13-2021
When you finish FC3 be sure to play Blood Dragon! It is absolutely hilarious.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:20 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
When you finish FC3 be sure to play Blood Dragon! It is absolutely hilarious.
Blood Dragon is absofuckinglutely AMAZING, especially if you grew up in the 80s and know all the references.

Jesus how did I forget about that game??!

Its definitely on the must play list.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:21 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep.

FC5 as well.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:12 AM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Best I could manage was 15 minutes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Gotta agree. 3 was probably my favorite. The locale was so much fun. The story was engaging. 4 was OK. Worth a playthrough. 5 was cool in that there were so many outposts to conquer, and they pretty much perfected the outpost fight part of the game. Which is my favorite part of Far Cry, liberating outposts. The big castles were a blast, and appropriately difficult.

The ending though. Ooof.

I completely passed on Primal as well. For the same reason. Far cry with just a bow sounded like a stealth heavy borefest.
Wow, you guys have a way different perspective than I do.

Stealth heavy is the furthest thing from boring for me. I do everything patiently and I take forever to plan and creep around.

Going in guns blazing just isn't something I do really. In any game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:30 AM 03-15-2021

Stealth heavy is the furthest thing from boring for me. I do everything patiently and I take forever to plan and creep around.

Both can be fun, playing Payday 2 reminds me that you can attack it and have fun in stealth or guns blazing.
[Reply]
Fish 10:44 AM 03-15-2021

LOL, yeah we're completely opposite in that regard. Patiently planning and slowly creeping around is what I find boring. Missions that force stealth seriously piss me off. Forcing me to move slower is just downright insulting in a game. :-)

I like the unpredictable chaos. Let the alarms ring. Bring on the reinforcements. Sometimes that's the most exciting part...

You would not like Doom Eternal, that's for sure. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
LOL, yeah we're completely opposite in that regard. Patiently planning and slowly creeping around is what I find boring. Missions that force stealth seriously piss me off. Forcing me to move slower is just downright insulting in a game. :-)

I like the unpredictable chaos. Let the alarms ring. Bring on the reinforcements. Sometimes that's the most exciting part...

You would not like Doom Eternal, that's for sure. :-)
What you see as boredom and insult, I see as anticipation. :-)

I'm an OCD control freak. There's nothing more satisfying than clearing an outpost without being detected at all, let alone not setting off any alarms. I don't care if it takes 45 minutes. That's the part of the game I enjoy.

Right now, I'm rolling with a sniper rifle, a bow, and my sawed off for emergencies. I don't even use a machine gun of any kind.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:00 AM 03-16-2021
What you see as boredom and insult, I see as anticipation. :-)

I'm an OCD control freak. There's nothing more satisfying than clearing an outpost without being detected at all, let alone not setting off any alarms. I don't care if it takes 45 minutes. That's the part of the game I enjoy.

Right now, I'm rolling with a sniper rifle, a bow, and my sawed off for emergencies. I don't even use a machine gun of any kind.
Not having played FC Primal, I could be speaking out of turn, but being limited to primitive weapons simply did not interest me whatsoever. Spear and Bow only take you so far, so unless they are done EXTREMELY well, like say the Bow gameplay in Horizon Zero Dawn, Im going to tire of it quickly.

FC Bows are decent, and I will have little stretches where I go full Clint Barton, but the options to do so many other things are present even with the bow itself with explosive arrows. I think being forced into just wouldnt be as fun.

Again I could be speaking out of turn, as I dont know the weapon options. Maybe they fudged some stuff and these cavemen can rock fire arrows and make black powder for different arrow types.

It just didnt feel like a Farcry game without the guns, and i had literally no interest in in the setting whatsoever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 03-16-2021
Not having played FC Primal, I could be speaking out of turn, but being limited to primitive weapons simply did not interest me whatsoever. Spear and Bow only take you so far, so unless they are done EXTREMELY well, like say the Bow gameplay in Horizon Zero Dawn, Im going to tire of it quickly.

FC Bows are decent, and I will have little stretches where I go full Clint Barton, but the options to do so many other things are present even with the bow itself with explosive arrows. I think being forced into just wouldnt be as fun.

Again I could be speaking out of turn, as I dont know the weapon options. Maybe they fudged some stuff and these cavemen can rock fire arrows and make black powder for different arrow types.

It just didnt feel like a Farcry game without the guns, and i had literally no interest in in the setting whatsoever.
No black powder but definitely flaming arrows. In fact, fire in Primal is done very well and you can wreck all kinds of shit with it. Much more dangerous than in FC5 for example. I've burnt whole villages to the ground.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up