ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All I Have is a Photograph....
gblowfish 08:05 PM 04-05-2020
With all the shelter at home stuff, thought I'd start a fun thread to help get our minds on better times. I am not a professional or high level amateur photographer, but I have taken some cool pictures over the years. If you've taken pictures that you're proud of, how bout posting a couple,and explaining what they are?

I'll Start:

St. Louis July 2003. I was staying downtown in that beer can shaped hotel by the arch. I got a call around midnight that my mom was taken to ICU in Arkansas, and was in bad shape. I got up at dawn as the sun was rising over the Mississippi river. I took this picture looking east. Went to the chapel in the center and said a prayer for my parents. Mom got out of ICU 66 days later.

Alley Springs, MO: From around 2002, near Eminence,MO.

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia,MO. Shot at sundown in downtown Sedalia.

Desoto Sign, Carthage, MO. On a trip to Arkansas, took the scenic route 2018.

Missouri Hwy 13 Bridge, Lexington, MO: Looking north during the flood of 1993.
Attached: Arch Steeple.jpg (97.8 KB) Alleyspring.jpg (113.8 KB) bothwell.jpg (104.9 KB) DeSoto2.jpg (99.2 KB) lexbridge1993.jpg (108.8 KB) 
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:46 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
oh yeah, buddy!

you? we're gonna have to have a beer on your back patio.
I was out there tonight streaming music from my Ipad to the bluetooth speaker and chillin in the La-Z-Boy. My wife has the house all torn up trying to organize her office -the office clutter has spilled out into the rest of the house-so the Cat Cafe Porch is the one place I can get away from it and relax. Yes, we will have beers someday soon!
[Reply]
stevieray 09:50 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I was out there tonight streaming music from my Ipad to the bluetooth speaker and chillin in the La-Z-Boy. My wife has the house all torn up trying to organize her office -the office clutter has spilled out into the rest of the house-so the Cat Cafe Porch is the one place I can get away from it and relax. Yes, we will have beers someday soon!
:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:03 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Shit happens and we move on, I met my wife because of that event. I was able to replace ALL of my Chiefs and LSU memorabilia within 5 years and have more now then I did then. Photos are gone but I have more important photos than the ones I lost - kids, grand kids and family. Most important in this time and age.
All true, and in the end, it's all just stuff. You'll acquire more of it...rather quickly it seems at times.
[Reply]
srvy 10:19 PM 04-06-2020
The kids with Santa.

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:21 PM 04-06-2020
One more round, from the best place on earth to ride a bike...beautiful Northwest Arkansas.

[Reply]
srvy 10:37 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Jesus...there's fucking elephants in the streets!
Thats what I said about cows in middle State Route 225 in Nevada. We had been running over cow shit all over the road then we come around a corner through a cut between mountains and there they are cowboys on horses herding cattle down the highway. About ten miles at a crawl till finally they cut off into a meadow in the Tuscarora Valley.

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:44 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Thats what I said about cows in middle State Route 225 in Nevada. We had been running over cow shit all over the road then we come around a corner through a cut between mountains and there they are cowboys on horses herding cattle down the highway. About ten miles at a crawl till finally they cut off into a meadow in the Tuscarora Valley.

I ran into this situation on a bike trail outside of Springfield, MO. Wasn't sure how to proceed since I know cows can be twitchy at times. Ended up waiting around for quite a while until the damn thing moved far enough off the trail where I felt safe blowing by it.

[Reply]
gblowfish 07:45 AM 04-07-2020

[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:23 AM 04-07-2020
Let's try to post a picture. If it works, I'll post more

Istanbul Spice Market at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Otter 10:08 AM 04-07-2020
Attached: TBWCW.jpg (122.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:31 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
There have been a lot of cool pictures in here but this may be my favorite so far. So surreal looking.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 AM 04-07-2020
I have a picture like that some damn where. No mountains to frame it but the clouds have that same formation.
[Reply]
burt 10:39 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
There have been a lot of cool pictures in here but this may be my favorite so far. So surreal looking.
Yeah......very cool
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:58 AM 04-07-2020
That's pretty cool looking
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:42 AM 04-07-2020
Cool looking sunset.

[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up