ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 338 of 344
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** The Official Chiefs vs bengals game day thread*****
big nasty kcnut 12:00 AM 01-29-2023
It's time to finish this. Welcome to the ARROWHEAD INVITATIONAL!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:07 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He's a good looking guy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:08 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Meh. Let me splain my point, a little.

I don't care if you have a point or even just an opinion. But at least be interesting or entertaining if you're going to be a douche. Being a boring, repetitive, stupid douche is grounds for dismissal.

Make sense?
No, it is not. If you do not like it put them on ignore. Evidently to some, they are chronic about these problems.
Posters have done the same behaviors and worse in other threads and it has been pointed out that if it is not liked then it is up to the offended poster to put the offending poster on ignore. That CP was not going to ban someone for those same exact types of behaviors.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:16 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No, it is not. If you do not like it put them on ignore. Evidently to some, they are chronic about these problems.
Posters have done the same behaviors and worse in other threads and it has been pointed out that if it is not liked then it is up to the offended poster to put the offending poster on ignore. That CP was not going to ban someone for those same exact types of behaviors.
+1
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:19 PM 01-30-2023
Eh, seems odd that you want to die on this hill, but whatever.

Like I said, i don't really care that much, and it is great fun to rub their noses in it when the team inevitably makes them look like clowns, but those idiots could at least be entertaining. Being the same exact boring-ass shitheel week after week gets old pretty quick.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:24 PM 01-30-2023

Like I said, i don't really care that much, and it is great fun to rub their noses in it when the team inevitably makes them look like clowns, but those idiots could at least be entertaining. Being the same exact boring-ass shitheel week after week gets old pretty quick.
Not dying for anything here. Just pointing out that it could be done better.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:27 PM 01-30-2023
CP thread-bans people all the time for being "annoying", even if what they are doing is completely in line with CP rules.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 04:27 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:

Future NOT COACH of the Denver Donkeys gushes over Mahomes
That was a great listen. Thanks for posting
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:30 PM 01-30-2023

Ultimately the job of the moderators is to keep miserable users from ruining everyone else's enjoyment of being here. The flooding of the GDTs with excessively, unreasonably negative posts is an issue anytime things aren't going well.

If someone was in your house acting like some people act in the GDT, you'd tell them to leave. This isn't any different.

The mods are trying to maintain an enjoyable place to watch the game and if someone can't emotionally handle the ups and downs of an NFL game they probably shouldn't be there ruining it for everyone.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:33 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Ultimately the job of the moderators is to keep miserable users from ruining everyone else's enjoyment of being here. The flooding of the GDTs with excessively, unreasonably negative posts is an issue anytime things aren't going well.

If someone was in your house acting like some people act in the GDT, you'd tell them to leave. This isn't any different.

The mods are trying to maintain an enjoyable place to watch the game and if someone can't emotionally handle the ups and downs of an NFL game they probably shouldn't be there ruining it for everyone.
This is somewhat true but there is also a tool that every user has and it is the ignore feature. Some cannot or do not want to use it and instead have somehow gotten the mods in the habit of thread banning posters.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:37 PM 01-30-2023
Not dying for anything here. Just pointing out that it could be done better.
You're absolutely right; it could be done better. Those jack wagons could be minimally interesting douchebags. problem solved.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:37 PM 01-30-2023
This is somewhat true but there is also a tool that every user has and it is the ignore feature. Some cannot or do not want to use it and instead have somehow gotten the mods in the habit of thread banning posters.
In my opinion it's nonsense that some people get to say "if you don't like me throwing a temper tantrum when something doesn't go my way, just ignore it". I shouldn't have to do a thing to accommodate their misbehavior. The onus should be on them to act like adults or be chucked out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:39 PM 01-30-2023
You can't ignore people when other people quote them. It's not a foolproof feature at all, so much so that people started using user-side Greasemonkey scripts and what not to make it better.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:55 PM 01-30-2023
I understand that there is not a perfect outcome here. But I believe that there could be something better. It will include lots of posters doing better and others being more tolerant, most probably needing to grow up on many levels.
I won't be surprised if nothing happens, but we are having a civilized conversation about the situation and that is all anyone can truly ask.
[Reply]
Spott 04:58 PM 01-30-2023
Going back and seeing all the mood swings in these threads is definitely entertaining, although I’m sure some of the comments can be annoying while the game is going on.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:00 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:

Who has time to read all the posts in real time in the GDT? I agree with Chief Roundup and others that people shouldn't be bounced from GDT unless they are trolls. Long time members should be allowed to vent.
[Reply]
Page 338 of 344
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342 > Last »
Up