ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 55
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:11 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my buddies posted a snarky "love watching the snow from California" meme on Facebook. He lives in Paradise. The same Paradise that was destroyed by a wildfire a year after they thought it was going to get wiped out by a flash flood from an unstable earthen dam.

Needless to say the irony was not lost on me.
No matter where you live, there are going to be risks. Thankfully, I've never taken a direct hit from a major Hurricane (cat 3 or higher) in the 30+ years I've lived in Florida.

Btw, its 63 right now as I'm sitting in my Florida room sipping coffee in my shorts and t-shirt :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:17 AM 02-16-2021
Home office view from yesterday at 4pm

Just now

Also from this morning

[Reply]
Stewie 07:18 AM 02-16-2021
-19 here in western Shawnee. The sun is coming up so maybe a bit of warmth.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:24 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Just now

Also from this morning

Sweet baby Jesus
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:36 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Just now

Also from this morning

In minnesota we call that jan 10.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:53 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Biggest Oil Refineries in U.S. Are Going Dark Amid the Cold

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bigge...180345565.html

That's not good. When the largest refineries in North America shut down, that's going to cause a lot of pain at the pump. Port Arthur alone can produce 630,000 barrels a day. When they pull the plug on that kind of production, gas prices can only head one direction. It also takes awhile to fire a refinery back up, it's not like flipping a light switch. Fill your rigs soon and hold on tight.
[Reply]
HayWire 07:57 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
That's not good. When the largest refineries in North America shut down, that's going to cause a lot of pain at the pump. Port Arthur alone can produce 630,000 barrels a day. When they pull the plug on that kind of production, gas prices can only head one direction. It also takes awhile to fire a refinery back up, it's not like flipping a light switch. Fill your rigs soon and hold on tight.
My wife just got the notice for us. And that's my source of heat and it's -13. I'm tired of this shit
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:59 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I would much rather have a deep freeze than a hurricane. Trees down everywhere and on houses and downed power lines and no power for weeks, not hours or a day or two. During Sandy you had to wait two hours in line to fill a 5gl gas can for your generator. The gas stations either ran out of gas or had no generator. Yeah, that shit don’t happen in a cold spell. A Blizzard isn’t as bad as a hurricane
Yeah, sustained winds of 100mph for hours on end, torrential downpours and just for fun we'll throw in some tornadoes is no joke.

Hurricane prep ahead of time is where it's at though. Making sure the generator is good to go, having a stockpile of canned goods, water batteries, gas and propane for the grill are all essential. I get all my shit together starting in April to avoid the rush.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:14 AM 02-16-2021

Bitter #cold remains across the Great Plains this morning and has spread to areas along the central and western Gulf Coast. More record lows were recorded today: pic.twitter.com/7ZPAEJIMgU

— NWS Weather Prediction Center (@NWSWPC) February 16, 2021

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:16 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Yeah, sustained winds of 100mph for hours on end, torrential downpours and just for fun we'll throw in some tornadoes is no joke.

Hurricane prep ahead of time is where it's at though. Making sure the generator is good to go, having a stockpile of canned goods, water batteries, gas and propane for the grill are all essential. I get all my shit together starting in April to avoid the rush.
Grilling in a hurricane. Yep, you're a Chiefs fan! :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:17 AM 02-16-2021
#4 yesterday, #2 today! :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:19 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Grilling in a hurricane. Yep, you're a Chiefs fan! :-)
Gotta be able to cook when the power goes out :-)

But yeah, I've never let weather stop me from breaking out the grill, even when I lived in northern Japan I'd set up in the carport during blizzards
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:28 AM 02-16-2021
-14 here in West Central Mo this morning and Evergy has started rolling power outages up in KC and the surrounding areas. Looks like though we will get a heat wave and get up to 10-15 by this afternoon.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 08:32 AM 02-16-2021
10 degrees out but no power for the last 31 hours. Probably low 50s in the house.
[Reply]
TLO 08:40 AM 02-16-2021
-15 according to my car. Fuck you
[Reply]
Page 34 of 55
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up