ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 55
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
vailpass 09:40 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I get enough cold that I don't think I'll lose tolerance for it.. hell, even Phoenix has 40 degree mornings and Anthem will get snow every year or three.

It did only take ~5 months for me to acclimate to the lack of humidity and become a total wuss about it when I go back to KC. And I would laugh at people in LA talking about 30% humidity being high... but, now anything above about 40-50% when it's warm out annoys the shit out of me. :-)
Oh man I too have lost all humidity tolerance. When I go back to Iowa each summer it hits me like a hammer the minute I get off the plane. After a few days I get more used to it. It’s nice on the skin but I like the dry heat.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 09:46 PM 02-15-2021
Kirkland Washington got a foot of snow 2 nights ago and the streets just finally got cleared...but I’m not particularly cold.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:47 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I want one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I want one.
Of course you would.
[Reply]
notorious 09:52 PM 02-15-2021
We go to Vegas every year in January and it's T-Shirt and shorts time. People are awesome, they'll be wearing heavy coats and ask us "You guys are from the Midwest aren't you?!"

Never fails they are from Arizona or Cali. It's a great conversation starter.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:58 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
We go to Vegas every year in January and it's T-Shirt and shorts time. People are awesome, they'll be wearing heavy coats and ask us "You guys are from the Midwest aren't you?!"

Its still fucking cold in Vegas in January. At least too cold to wear shorts but they did seem rather bundled up when I was there a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:01 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

Look how many posts we have on cold.. weather is the best conversation starter
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I get enough cold that I don't think I'll lose tolerance for it.. hell, even Phoenix has 40 degree mornings and Anthem will get snow every year or three.

It did only take ~5 months for me to acclimate to the lack of humidity and become a total wuss about it when I go back to KC. And I would laugh at people in LA talking about 30% humidity being high... but, now anything above about 40-50% when it's warm out annoys the shit out of me. :-)
Welcome to the dark side. When I went to college people kept saying you’ll get used to it. I didn’t. Brought the wife out here and she got used to no humidity and hates going back when it’s warm. We’re just not bred to be swamp people. Once people get a taste for the good life there’s no going back
[Reply]
2112 04:27 AM 02-16-2021
Rained all night at 35 degrees and I was getting water falls over the gutters from the block of ice in them. Sun coming out at 11 and a high of 49!! Woo hoo! Then tonight down to 14 degrees :-) and 8 more inches of snow Thursday. I am so sick of this shit.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:16 AM 02-16-2021
Just checked and it’s -1 and my water is frozen. Pretty sure that’s a record low here.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:23 AM 02-16-2021
We got an additional 5 or 6 inches overnight. Normally snowfall totals are much lower the closer you get to Lake Michigan, but not this time. Chicago got blasted with a foot or more of fresh snow. Works for me.

Still it's pretty gruesome. Had to drive the wife to work a bit ago and nearly got stuck at the base of the driveway in the plow wake from the single pass they made at some point in the middle of the night. It's also garbage day, but I don't want to put my trash bin out until the snow removal guys have done their thing with the driveways. Of course, many of my neighbors who are either really fucking stupid or don't have the luxury of staying home have theirs out already.

Going to be a real shit show for the bobcat guys and the trash guys. Poor bastards.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:38 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, but let the rain hard with a little wind and the whole nation will be asked to send-in support for them.
:-) a cat 5 hurricane is more than "a little wind". Your house will still be standing after a little cold spell, same can't be said after a Hurricane.
[Reply]
2112 06:51 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
:-) a cat 5 hurricane is more than "a little wind". Your house will still be standing after a little cold spell, same can't be said after a Hurricane.
I would much rather have a deep freeze than a hurricane. Trees down everywhere and on houses and downed power lines and no power for weeks, not hours or a day or two. During Sandy you had to wait two hours in line to fill a 5gl gas can for your generator. The gas stations either ran out of gas or had no generator. Yeah, that shit don’t happen in a cold spell. A Blizzard isn’t as bad as a hurricane
[Reply]
2112 06:55 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
You wear a onesie?

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:56 AM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
One of my buddies posted a snarky "love watching the snow from California" meme on Facebook. He lives in Paradise. The same Paradise that was destroyed by a wildfire a year after they thought it was going to get wiped out by a flash flood from an unstable earthen dam.

Needless to say the irony was not lost on me.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 55
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up