ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 55
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:48 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I admit, my sense of humor tends to be a bit dry and many Americans don't pick up on that.

And, it's humourless.
:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:00 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
OFFICIAL MINNESOTA TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART:
60 ABOVE: Arizonans turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.

45 ABOVE: Californians shiver uncontrollably. Minnesotans sunbathe.

32 ABOVE: Distilled water freezes. Lake Superior water gets thicker.

20 ABOVE: Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.

15 ABOVE: Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cook-out before it gets cold.

ZERO: People in Miami all die. Minnesotans lick the flagpole.

40 BELOW: The Iditarod is postponed. The Twins start spring training.

55 BELOW: Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Minnesota Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 BELOW: Mt. St. Helen freezes. People in Minnesota rent some videos.

100 BELOW: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

297 BELOW: Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Minnesota complain about farmers with cold hands.

460 BELOW: ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.) People in Minnesota start saying........"Cold nuff for ya?"

500 BELOW: Hell freezes over. The Vikings win the Super Bowl!!!!
This one is funny. It's only more funny when Floridians and other warmer coastal people want/need the world to help them because it rains kind of heavily...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:08 PM 02-15-2021
Those first two are generous. :-)

People living in Phoenix complain they're freezing because their house dipped below 70. I've witnessed Southern Californians wearing heavy jackets and scarves when it's 55.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:11 PM 02-15-2021
Cold enough to be cranking the heat because the power company might end up going all Cali on us.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:13 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

People living in Phoenix complain they're freezing because their house dipped below 70. I've witnessed Southern Californians wearing heavy jackets and scarves when it's 55.
My stories:

I was in New York for Spring Break. It is 55 or so, sun shining. I am walking around without a coat. The looks I got was priceless.

In Florida at Christmas. 2005. woman sits beside me on a bus. She has a fur coat on. I have on a golf shirt an shorts. She asks me-How can you dress like that? I tell her I am from Minnesota. It is -2 at home, I am in Florida. I am going to wear shorts.

She is from South Carolina. Cannot believe it is only 60F in Florida. They came there to warm up.

Deep cold that year too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 PM 02-15-2021
My stories:

I was in New York for Spring Break. It is 55 or so, sun shining. I am walking around without a coat. The looks I got was priceless.

In Florida at Christmas. 2005. woman sits beside me on a bus. She has a fur coat on. I have on a golf shirt an shorts. She asks me-How can you dress like that? I tell her I am from Minnesota. It is -2 at home, I am in Florida. I am going to wear shorts.

She is from South Carolina. Cannot believe it is only 60F in Florida. They came there to warm up.

Deep cold that year too.
Yeah, but let the rain hard with a little wind and the whole nation will be asked to send-in support for them.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:19 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, but let the rain hard with a little wind and the whole nation will be asked to send-in support for them.
True. I dont think Iowa/Minn got much help during the blizzard a few years ago.
[Reply]
eDave 09:24 PM 02-15-2021

[Reply]
BWillie 09:25 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Cars break down and so do furnaces especially in this weather. I hope it never happens to you as I doubt you would fair very well.
? Id just get a hotel and call a HVAC guy. Problem solved.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:26 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

Can confirm. I’ve been here 20 years and still wear shorts through the winter, while people I’m with are wearing coats and gloves. I grew up in Iowa and my body still knows what real cold is and is not.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:28 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I’d rather freeze to death.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:29 PM 02-15-2021
I started scratching uncontrollably just looking at that.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:29 PM 02-15-2021
That might work well under a dry suit...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:37 PM 02-15-2021
My stories:

Deep cold that year too.
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Can confirm. I’ve been here 20 years and still wear shorts through the winter, while people I’m with are wearing coats and gloves. I grew up in Iowa and my body still knows what real cold is and is not.
Yeah, I get enough cold that I don't think I'll lose tolerance for it.. hell, even Phoenix has 40 degree mornings and Anthem will get snow every year or three.

It did only take ~5 months for me to acclimate to the lack of humidity and become a total wuss about it when I go back to KC. And I would laugh at people in LA talking about 30% humidity being high... but, now anything above about 40-50% when it's warm out annoys the shit out of me. :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:39 PM 02-15-2021
Might get you shot dead from a bigfoot mistaken identity.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 55
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up