ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:11 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
He's averaged below 4 fumbles per season in KC and that's considering he's a dual threat QB. And not all of those were lost fumbles. Fact.
You should have been aborted. Fact.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 01:43 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by BIG K:
It's always next year......I don't remember a time when the Chiefs interviewed six rookie QB's pre-draft since I started following in 1990, but I could be wrong.
No, I think they are gunning for AS replacement in 2018. Whether it all works is an entirely different story..
It won't work out
[Reply]
ct 08:13 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.
this
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:24 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
You should have been aborted. Fact.
I think he was, but something went miserably wrong
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:43 AM 03-11-2017
There's a reason guys like Russell Wilson get long term contracts and others play on tags. Use your head, genius. Nothing in my previous comment is trolling.
Ok then answer my question. This post didn't.

What's his "average play"?
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:44 AM 03-11-2017
For comparison: Russell Wilson is in the top tier of QB's for doing this despite playing behind a terrible line and average receivers: http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...russell-wilson

Meanwhile Cousins has weapons all over the field yet he's 50% more likely to throw a pick than RW is per throw. THAT is why Washington is hesitant to sign Cousins long term. And this is not even mentioning how he has fumbled the ball 10 times since becoming a full time starter.

Facts, not fiction.
this doesn't address his "average play" either.

Prove what you said.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:57 AM 03-11-2017
To even think cousins is a good to great player based on two overrated seasons of play shows your ignorance. Weapons all over the field and he got what?? 8 wins?? Sounds like a young Matt Stafford to be :-)
[Reply]
oldman 09:00 AM 03-11-2017
I'm still not sold on Watson.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:08 AM 03-11-2017
To even think cousins is a good to great player based on two overrated seasons of play shows your ignorance. Weapons all over the field and he got what?? 8 wins?? Sounds like a young Matt Stafford to be :-)
I didn't say anything like that, quit making things up.

You said he would regress to HIS average play. I asked you what his average play was. Knowing you would either ignore it or change your tune.

Then you bring up fumbles...

Again what is his average play? Facts not fiction is what you're about, right? Post us up some facts.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:11 AM 03-11-2017
Weapons all over the field? A similar arsenal to the one smith choked with.. great tight end play, Garcon and maclin are a wash, DeSean and tyreek are very similar. But didn't cousins rape smith statistically?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:22 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm still not sold on Watson.

Im still not sold on Alex Smith after 4 years...

Nor am sold on Andy Reid either...
[Reply]
milkman 09:31 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Im still not sold on Alex Smith after 4 years...

Nor am sold on Andy Reid either...
The reality is that we need a QB that can overcome Andy's flaws the same way that Rodgers did in Geen Bay with McCarthy.

I think that Dorsey is better overall at talent acquisition than Ted Thompson, who gets a lot a credit for pretty marginal talent surrounding Rodgers.

A QB who can overcome Andy's flaws would have a better shot at winning more than one SB, because he wouldn't have to do it alone.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:39 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
The reality is that we need a QB that can overcome Andy's flaws the same way that Rodgers did in Geen Bay with McCarthy.

I think that Dorsey is better overall at talent acquisition than Ted Thompson, who gets a lot a credit for pretty marginal talent surrounding Rodgers.

A QB who can overcome Andy's flaws would have a better shot at winning more than one SB, because he wouldn't have to do it alone.
The media love Ted and talk about him like he's really great but to me has wasted an all world stud QB. There is a long list of loser QBs with one title and that's all Rogers has. Aaron is better than Brady but never has a defense backing him up like Brady does. Manning was better than Brady when he played in Indy but never had a defense backing him up as well. Only one season in the playoffs did they rise up to the occasion.
[Reply]
milkman 09:43 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
The media love Ted and talk about him like he's really great but to me has wasted an all world stud QB. There is a long list of loser QBs with one title and that's all Rogers has. Aaron is better than Brady but never has a defense backing him up like Brady does. Manning was better than Brady when he played in Indy but never had a defense backing him up as well. Only one season in the playoffs did they rise up to the occasion.
I don't think that the Patriots were consistently all that much more talented defensively than the Patriots.
They were just (a shit ton) better at game planning, scheme, and adjustment.

That's a big reason Tony Dungy was overrated, and has no business in the HoF.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:53 AM 03-11-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Carson Palmer + draft a guy. I wanted Geno, but if they fucking TRIED, I would have been more than patient.

If that plan blew up, try again in a different year.

The problem with Chiefs fans is that whenever a QB crisis occurs when they can absolutely no longer roll with the current veteran because he's washed up/suck too much, they act like they have to solve the problem NOW. INSTANTLY.

They don't think about QB development as a multi-year process. It's like Carl stepped down from GMing, but instead went into the business of mind control lasers, and he's got everybody thinking his way is the best.

Thus, you get all the, "Gee, I'd love to draft a QB, but there's no Andrew Luck available at 27th overall! Next year is a better class, maybe we'll get one then!" And it's also how you get, "I don't like what Alex Smith is doing, but what should the Chiefs have done, exactly?"

Uhh... how about plan ahead? But since they didn't do that, they should just be fucking patient.
Omfg, this is awesome!!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 44
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up