5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
kstater 01:18 PM 10-28-2021
How in the world is Nicky not even a finalist?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:31 PM 10-28-2021
Beni is a finalist but Nicky isn't? Okay.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:35 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
How in the world is Nicky not even a finalist?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 01:57 PM 10-28-2021
Lopez not even being a finalist is criminal. The other guys aren't bad fielders...but Lopez was exceptional this year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10-28-2021, 01:59 PM
This message has been deleted by Chiefspants. Reason: Oop
WhawhaWhat 02:55 PM 10-28-2021
Nicky Lopez was #12 in the voting. Behind Lindor and ahead of Tim Anderson.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:56 PM 10-29-2021
Nicky Lopez got screwed!

Anyway, nice little write up on some of the Royals top prospects. Not sure I agree with all of his ‘Top 10’, but some good reading nonetheless:

https://www.justbaseball.com/prospec...-10-prospects/
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:44 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Nicky Lopez got screwed!

Anyway, nice little write up on some of the Royals top prospects. Not sure I agree with all of his ‘Top 10’, but some good reading nonetheless:

https://www.justbaseball.com/prospec...-10-prospects/
Thats pretty high praise for Witt Jr.

If he lives up to those expectations, then holy shit. I've never been so excited for a prospect but good things rarely happen for this franchise, so more than likely he's Tony Pena Jr. Lol
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:02 PM 10-29-2021
I still can't believe that this organization decided it was a good idea to trade Brett Phillips for that turd nugget Lucius Fox. If it were Batman's buddy, then sure do it, just think of what Batman could do with his money and this team.

Back to reality, Phillips would look good in the OF and was pretty damn good for the Rays. Meanwhile we have Lucius. A guy that'll be in Omaha for the next 7 years. We traded a quality starting OF for organizational depth, because of a logjam in the OF. Instead of doing the logical smart choice, Dayton went searching for an answer from a magical sky man, and Skyman said keep the turd Bubba Starling and trade Phillips for an even bigger turd by the name of Lucius Fox.
[Reply]
Coach 08:56 PM 10-29-2021

The Royals announced INF Hanser Alberto and RHP Scott Blewett have cleared waivers and elected free agency. The 40-man roster is at 38.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) October 29, 2021

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:30 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I still can't believe that this organization decided it was a good idea to trade Brett Phillips for that turd nugget Lucius Fox. If it were Batman's buddy, then sure do it, just think of what Batman could do with his money and this team.

Back to reality, Phillips would look good in the OF and was pretty damn good for the Rays. Meanwhile we have Lucius. A guy that'll be in Omaha for the next 7 years. We traded a quality starting OF for organizational depth, because of a logjam in the OF. Instead of doing the logical smart choice, Dayton went searching for an answer from a magical sky man, and Skyman said keep the turd Bubba Starling and trade Phillips for an even bigger turd by the name of Lucius Fox.
I still don't understand that trade from the Royals side of things.

He's such a good defender, you'd think they would have been good with him despite the underwhelming offensive performance. There isn't much difference between Michael Taylor and Phillips, honestly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:40 PM 10-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

He's such a good defender, you'd think they would have been good with him despite the underwhelming offensive performance. There isn't much difference between Michael Taylor and Phillips, honestly.
Only difference is Taylor is probably a bit better defensively and Phillips a bit better offensively. It evens out. The big difference is

Phillips is 3 years younger

Phillips made $584,400 this year and Taylor made $1.75 mil this year, but basically $4.5 million each of the next 2 years.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:58 PM 10-29-2021

This exact type of thing is why I get annoyed when people start talking about trading Melendez...Moore's recent trades are not good.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:33 AM 10-30-2021
How will if/when the MLB has a work stoppage in December impact things for the Royals?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:03 AM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How will if/when the MLB has a work stoppage in December impact things for the Royals?

It will likely reduce years of control of players by at least 1. I think that’s the biggest scary thing.

Originally Posted by Mecca:
This exact type of thing is why I get annoyed when people start talking about trading Melendez...Moore's recent trades are not good.

I get annoyed when people talk about trading him because it’s dumb. Yeah, Perez is awesome and has years left in the tank. Him continuing to be awesome will before likely if the backup catcher is a stud, too. The DH exists. Melendez is athletic enough to play other positions defensively. Plenty of room and PT for both.

When was the last time Moore traded something actually highly valuable? All his recent deals have been short-term assets. Typically not impactful.

He did get Edward Olivares and Dylan Coleman for 25 games of Trevor Rosenthal, which looks pretty fantastic currently. But those trades are lotto scratchers. Low odds of winning and limited prize when you do.
[Reply]
Coach 09:49 AM 10-30-2021
I get annoyed when people talk about trading him because it’s dumb. Yeah, Perez is awesome and has years left in the tank. Him continuing to be awesome will before likely if the backup catcher is a stud, too. The DH exists. Melendez is athletic enough to play other positions defensively. Plenty of room and PT for both.

When was the last time Moore traded something actually highly valuable? All his recent deals have been short-term assets. Typically not impactful.

He did get Edward Olivares and Dylan Coleman for 25 games of Trevor Rosenthal, which looks pretty fantastic currently. But those trades are lotto scratchers. Low odds of winning and limited prize when you do.
The most recent highly valuable trade that I can think of under DM was the Greinke trade. That one worked out pretty well.
[Reply]
Page 425 of 440
« First < 325375415421422423424425 426427428429435 > Last »
Up