ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 248 of 315
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:22 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I honestly have no idea how to gain a genuine edge.

I have 2 teams built on entirely different philosophies and I typically take dramatically different approaches with them.

And while my teams are always good (still never had worse than a 10-6 season in about 10 combined seasons through the 2 incarnations of Sandbox) - I don't actually know why.

I mean I had a really good team in League 2 last season - went out in the conference championship. This season was a placeholder year when Dak went down, I sneaked into the playoffs on a tiebreaker and then Ryan Fitzpatrick catches fire, wrecks creation and I win the league.

Meanwhile this season in League 1 my team was the culmination of a 3 year plan that went 15-1 and broke every record on the books and lost in the conference title game (after winning a title it had no business winning last year).

The playoffs sure do seem super random.

I mean - apart from you and Clay losing. That's steady as the sunrise.
I have no answers for my teams lack of success in the playoffs. The loss to you makes sense that offense was built around Mostert which somehow won me 15 games. So the next season in the playoffs I decide to let Russ cook. He throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs yet I somehow lose on a fumble in OT.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:27 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
The sim is exactly the same in the regular and post seasons. Any narratives are the human mind trying to impose order on natural variation of a stochastic process. I suspect that elite “QBs are essential in the NFL” and “QBs don’t matter in Sandbox” are equally true or false.
I have one team that's a legitimate powerhouse at every position, but we have Phillip Rivers at QB. I can attest that quarterbacks matter.

(No offense, Phillip.)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I have no answers for my teams lack of success in the playoffs. The loss to you makes sense that offense was built around Mostert which somehow won me 15 games. So the next season in the playoffs I decide to let Russ cook. He throws for 300 yards and 4 TDs yet I somehow lose on a fumble in OT.
I lost on 3 lost fumbles (after losing 1 all season) and an 0/9 3rd down performance (after converting nearly half my 3rd down attempts in the regular season).

I guess I'll just chalk it up to 'shit happens' but man that's a couple of tough pills to swallow.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:58 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have one team that's a legitimate powerhouse at every position, but we have Phillip Rivers at QB. I can attest that quarterbacks matter.

(No offense, Phillip.)
League 1 just saw Phillip Rivers beat a 15-1 team in the conference championship and make the Super Bowl. The Phoenix Diablos just know how to get a shitty roster to perform.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:59 AM 11-30-2021
I lost on 3 lost fumbles (after losing 1 all season) and an 0/9 3rd down performance (after converting nearly half my 3rd down attempts in the regular season).

I guess I'll just chalk it up to 'shit happens' but man that's a couple of tough pills to swallow.
I’d tell you what I did on my defensive sliders but then I couldn’t beat you again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’d tell you what I did on my defensive sliders but then I couldn’t beat you again.
Eh - it all feels kinda "Mahomes Magic Scheme" to me.

We were at a -3 w/ 3 fumbles lost and ended up losing by a single score. My #3 wideout dropped 3 balls in a single game after having 3 drops in 125 targets in the regular season. We fumbled a snap on first and goal with a chance to go up 14-0. Committed a false start penalty while driving into your territory that killed another drive after a 3rd and 14 went for 10 yards and ended up punting from your 41. Then we gave up a touchdown on a punt return after not giving one up during the regular season. Finally with a chance to get back on the horse we drove down to your 25 yard line and fumbled away ANOTHER ball. Then we turned the ball over on downs after picking up 5 on 4th and 5 (which probably wouldn't have been necessary at all had Samuel not dropped the pass on 1st down).

They just had too many key mistakes. It was a very 2021 Chiefs performance. Back-breaking errors that took points off the board and killed drives and uncharacteristic STs mistakes.

Play that game 10 times and we win 9 of 'em. The one we don't is the one that just happened. It was a carnival of errors.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 11-30-2021
Side note - I finally had a draft pick that I was happy to make w/ Brevin Jordan. Sure the Texans suck, but Jordan was a guy I was hoping the Chiefs would get to complement Kelce. He's a hell of an option as a move TE. Really athletic, fast and long (not terribly tall but big catch radius).

Looks like the Texans are finally looking at giving him the starting nod and working him more into the offense. I think he'd have gone a couple rounds sooner had the Texans been willing to put him on the field early in the year.

He's going to be a nice long-term asset to complement Trautmann and/or Tremble. Seriously - why did I draft Tommy Tremble? Oh right - Domer fan. Dipshit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 11-30-2021
Also - surely some of y'all are in the market for CB. I'm definitely open for making a deal there.

I have SEVEN viable starting corners:

Marlon Humphrey
Denzel Ward
Rashad Fenton
Darious Williams
Jamel Dean
Eric Stokes
Even Isaiah Rodgers, a 6th rounder I drafted because of his speed (as a return man) has forced himself into the mix in Indy and has been damn good this year.

It's just a ludicrously deep secondary but almost the the point of being too much of a good thing. I figure you need to go at least 4 deep with guys you're comfortable starting (given the inevitable injuries) so I know some of y'all could use some help.

I would probably be looking at interior DL, LBs and maybe some OL help. Could package a WR for an upgrade and while I have a crapload of TEs, I wouldn't mind making a move for a surer thing there.

Hit me up if you're interested. I treat corners like SPs in baseball - Imma stockpile 'em when I can as they are always going to have trade value. So let me know if you see a deal worth making.
[Reply]
InvinciBill 10:45 AM 11-30-2021
Side note - I finally had a draft pick that I was happy to make w/ Brevin Jordan. Sure the Texans suck, but Jordan was a guy I was hoping the Chiefs would get to complement Kelce. He's a hell of an option as a move TE. Really athletic, fast and long (not terribly tall but big catch radius).

Looks like the Texans are finally looking at giving him the starting nod and working him more into the offense. I think he'd have gone a couple rounds sooner had the Texans been willing to put him on the field early in the year.

He's going to be a nice long-term asset to complement Trautmann and/or Tremble. Seriously - why did I draft Tommy Tremble? Oh right - Domer fan. Dipshit.
Yeah ... I thought I had dragged Jordan ahead of Noah Gray on my board, but apparently I hadn't. :-)

Good grab.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:53 AM 11-30-2021
I don't know what league is which but my Sparks team has Kirk cousins on a one year deal left up for trade
[Reply]
PHOG 10:59 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I don't know what league is which but my Sparks team has Kirk cousins on a one year deal left up for trade
It's in league 2. I would give you my 3rd round pick upcoming for him.

Edit: Or shoot me a trade proposal on the site. I tried offering draft picks, but it wouldn't do it, although there is a dropdown box for it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Well now I just feel awful.

Had I known beating you the way I did would send you into the kind of shame spiral that yields Kirk Cousins, I'd have just let you win.

I'm sorry man. I just couldn't have known...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 11-30-2021

Edit: Or shoot me a trade proposal on the site. I tried offering draft picks, but it wouldn't do it, although there is a dropdown box for it.
Gotta select the team you're trading to before it will let you enter the picks. That's usually where I get stuck anyway.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:14 AM 11-30-2021

What's your team?
[Reply]
PHOG 11:20 AM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
What's your team?
Tulsa
[Reply]
Page 248 of 315
« First < 148198238244245246247248 249250251252258298 > Last »
Up