ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:18 AM 01-20-2022
Dude needs anger management in the offseason.
I smashed a weedeater against a tree once, I'm fine, I blame the weedeater.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:18 AM 01-20-2022
Dude needs anger management in the offseason.
Sounds like he needs some help one way or another.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:20 AM 01-20-2022

Chiefs’ Willie Gay is charged with one count of misdemeanor damage to property, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Johnson County District Attorney's Office.

The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, per an OP PD offense report.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
chief4life 09:20 AM 01-20-2022

Chiefs’ Willie Gay is charged with one count of misdemeanor damage to property, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Johnson County District Attorney's Office.

The damage is to a vacuum, cell phone screen, wall/door frame and a humidifier, per an OP PD offense report.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:21 AM 01-20-2022
I swear these dudes should get vasectomies in college, they can reverse them when they get older.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:22 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is the word of his rep who probably reached out to Rappaport in doing damage control. So you have to discount it on some level. But the situation could be a lot worse.
Yeah, this will be black and white by the end of the day in regards to whether this was property damage only or anything physical. But the above tweet, even taken with grain of salt, is slightly encouraging.

That being said, Gay needs some help. It's clear the guy has "some" mental issues or problems with temper. Hopefully the team does what's best for him moving forward, even if that means not letting him play for the time being.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:22 AM 01-20-2022
This is the word of his rep who probably reached out to Rappaport in doing damage control. So you have to discount it on some level. But the situation could be a lot worse.
Yeah, this will be black and white by the end of the day in regards to whether this was property damage only or anything physical. But the above tweet, even taken with grain of salt, is slightly encouraging.

That being said, Gay needs some help. It's clear the guy has "some" mental issues or problems with temper. Hopefully the team does what's best for him moving forward, even if that means not letting him play for the time being.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:22 AM 01-20-2022
Here's the policy:

Obviously we know nothing of the situation aside from the vacuum cleaner, wall, and door frame. But if that's the extent of the actual damage, does that constitute 'physical force'? And if so, clearly this might fall into a situation where there are 'mitigating circumstances.'

I wouldn't say all hope is lost even if this is on the surface classified as a 'domestic violence' incident.
Given the context assault, battery and sexual assault I think the DV with physical force means like hitting someone.

Did he like push her into a wall? Yeah that's with force.

Did he smash a vacuum instead of pushing her into a wall? I don't think that would be "with physical force"

it sounds like he definitely has some anger issues but is that really shocking?

From what his agent said it sounds like they got into an argument, he punched a wall or something, broke the vacuum and then left.

If the agent is covering for him yeah he's fucked.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:23 AM 01-20-2022
If I had to guess, he will have his court date today to review charges and set another court date. To which he will go home and at that point it is in the system. Since he didn't hurt anyone I don't see how the NFL can do shit because likely his lawyer will get the prosecution to drop the charges to damage of property and life goes one no big deal.

Think it just comes down to if Andy will play him or not.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:24 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Chiefs need to have a black ops dude who just makes this kind of shit go away.

Here's 2500 bucks, bye!
[Reply]
Dayze 09:24 AM 01-20-2022
can't tell you the number of 20-24 yr old dudes who had their lives ruined while in the Navy hooking up with some local trash trying to / and succeeding getting knocked up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:25 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:

If the child was there in the house, that's a problem. The NFL policy specifically mentions the presence of a child as a mitigating factor, even if he didn't touch her at all.

The NFL can be very heavy-handed in situations like this. Here's to hoping that they let the legal process take care of it.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:25 AM 01-20-2022
Misdemeanor Property Damage doesn't keep NFL players from playing.....
[Reply]
BigChiefTN 09:26 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If it's being charged as DV, there's a good chance he won't play because of the NFL's current policy. Hopefully they can sort this out quickly but I don't expect to see him out there on Sunday.
You don’t know crap about what there is a good chance of - quit speculating …
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigChiefTN:
You don’t know crap about what there is a good chance of - quit speculating …
It's a fucking message board. If we're not allowed to speculate, we might as well shut it down and go do something else.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Misdemeanor Property Damage doesn't keep NFL players from playing.....
Domestic violence charges can, and do.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 42
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up