ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 207
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:22 PM 09-04-2016
Drunk flopnuts rules!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:23 PM 09-04-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
That's because you're a dumbshit. Makers is fucking golden. Just like the shower your wife is taking with me right now. Fuckface.
It's ok to not like the same things. Have you had Maker's 46? Or the 4 roses single barrel? They are both better IMO than regular Maker's.

It's ok to be wrong, Flopnuts! :-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:25 PM 09-04-2016
When it comes to Makers it's the cask strength for me. I don't even have a bottle of the regular
[Reply]
lewdog 09:28 PM 09-04-2016
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
When it comes to Makers it's the cask strength for me. I don't even have a bottle of the regular
That stuff is great too.

I am thinking these guys aren't looking at a $60 price point though. Especially with all the Maker's love in here. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 09-04-2016
You ever had Old Scout? I am trying to find some here but it seems fairly limited but I wasn't aware it was a rare bottle to be had?
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:35 PM 09-04-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You ever had Old Scout? I am trying to find some here but it seems fairly limited but I wasn't aware it was a rare bottle to be had?
I have a bottle of the Old Scout 7 year. It's a good pour but nothing out of this world about it. I picked up a bottle in Colorado Springs for around $30. It was readily available. Have yet to see a bottle anywhere in Wichita.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:38 PM 09-04-2016
I have a bottle of the Old Scout 7 year. It's a good pour but nothing out of this world about it. I picked up a bottle in Colorado Springs for around $30. It was readily available. Have yet to see a bottle anywhere in Wichita.
Similar here on finding a bottle, for whatever reason. Maybe I'll skip it.

Total Wine is re-stocking 1792 sweet wheat here this October, so I might pick up one of those instead based on your Old Scout take.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:43 PM 09-04-2016
Lew I'm broke so I'm getting 1 dollar party shots of bourbon at the gas station
[Reply]
lewdog 09:45 PM 09-04-2016
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Lew I'm broke so I'm getting 1 dollar party shots of bourbon at the gas station
No harm there buddy. I go with a big 1.75L bottle of Evan Williams ($16) when I make mixed drinks here using whiskey. You don't always have to have to expensive stuff!

Enjoy your night!
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:49 PM 09-04-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Similar here on finding a bottle, for whatever reason. Maybe I'll skip it.

Total Wine is re-stocking 1792 sweet wheat here this October, so I might pick up one of those instead based on your Old Scout take.

Thanks!
No problem. Report back on the Sweet wheat if you pick up a bottle.

If you can find it I would highly recommend Rowan's Creek. It was around $40. Really enjoyed it and immediately wished I would have picked up 2 bottles when I was in Co Springs.

In fact all the Willett bourbons I've tried have been damn good.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:07 AM 09-05-2016

If you can find it I would highly recommend Rowan's Creek. It was around $40. Really enjoyed it and immediately wished I would have picked up 2 bottles when I was in Co Springs.

I have the Noah's Mill on my bar right now, but I did love the Rowan's when I had it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:26 AM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Love me some makers. I can drink 3/4 of a bottle without realizing it if I'm not careful.
Yeah I did 1/4 and woke up on the couch this morning with a 6 year old in my grill staring at me. I don't think he knows why I was down there snoozing
[Reply]
penguinz 08:58 AM 09-05-2016
Not a fan of wheated bourbons so I always go for something other than makers, but, if you like Makers then Larceny is a decent alternative.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:44 PM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Not a fan of wheated bourbons so I always go for something other than makers, but, if you like Makers then Larceny is a decent alternative.
You'd be proud of me. I have some whiskey tasting glasses now.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:45 PM 09-05-2016

I had thought I had tried the sweet wheat but I realize now it was a different 1792 and I think it was the full proof? But not sure. How many different 1792 bourbons do they run?

Penguinz you know?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 207
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up