ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:37 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Guys...as much as people hate to acknowledge it...the guy is just not head coach material. It's not because he's black...it's because he is not a good candidate for a HC. I bet you every GM that interviews him thinks "holy crap, no way am I hiring this guy, I don't care what Stephen A says"...

I think he's a motivator and can execute a plan, but he's not an innovator and cannot come up with a plan, and that's coming out in interviews.
We have owners who thought Adam gase was a good idea even after the complete debacle In Miami. Who hired joe judge. And for those who say bieniemy has a shady record so did Matt Patricia… in addition to being a complete slob. Im not sold on him as an nfl hc either but it’s really damn hard to figure out when you see who else has been chosen.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:38 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
You don’t think EB would have been better than Dan Campbell, David Culley, Brandon Staley?
I dunno, maybe. But there is something consistently happening in these interviews that is preventing him from getting a HC job, ANYWHERE. One or two is weird, but every time he interviews for the last what, 2 years or more and he never gets an offer? I'm only guessing as to what that might be.

Do people think there is just some anti-EB thing going on, or could it be that these GM's who are paid to find the best possible candidate are not finding EB hireable for that job?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:38 AM 01-27-2022
Guys...as much as people hate to acknowledge it...the guy is just not head coach material. It's not because he's black...it's because he is not a good candidate for a HC. I bet you every GM that interviews him thinks "holy crap, no way am I hiring this guy, I don't care what Stephen A says"...

I think he's a motivator and can execute a plan, but he's not an innovator and cannot come up with a plan, and that's coming out in interviews.
That's honestly not what we've heard, though. From the teams looking to hire him, not just the Chiefs brass. He interviews just fine.

I refuse to believe teams are like, "EB? No way Jose! Terrible interview!" and then bring on chucklefucks like Joe Judge and Matt Rhule.

Hell, given what we know about Mike McCarthy, do you believe he's a good interview?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:39 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Why does he HAVE to be an NFL Head coach?

What if he sucks in interviews?

What if he just isn't qualified?

Some of you act like he is the Prince son of the King and it's his birth right.
or he sees what is out there for teams and is not interested. He knows what he has.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:39 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I have no idea what the issue is with EB, but there has to be something that everyone who has interviewed him is seeing and is turning them off. I honestly believe that his NFL head coaching window has closed. He'll either get a college job or will be a coordinator for the rest of his career
I was just doing some surfing and came across this blurb from Fox Sorts and Doug Gotlieb from almost exactly a year ago, Who knows how legit this is...

The Real Reason Why Eric Bieniemy Isn't Getting Hired as an NFL Head Coach
By Wil Leitner
Jan 26, 2021

Doug Gottlieb: “I talked to three different people in three different front offices last night and I was trying to figure out ‘What’s the deal?’ No one disliked Bienemy, there was nothing in a background check that wouldn’t let you hire him, and there was nothing in regards to somebody you didn’t enjoy the conversation with. Nobody was like ‘I CAN’T WORK WITH THIS GUY.’ But it was interesting because with each different job that I had spoken to somebody about, it felt like the way in which it was described was that it wasn’t that he wasn’t prepared, or that he didn’t have a general plan, it was just that he didn’t have a lot of details to it… I don’t think anyone wants to hire a coach because social media told them to hire a coach, but I don’t think that’s an issue of why he hasn’t gotten a job yet. If people understand the level of preparedness it takes for each of these interviews and the level of detail that most of these places would like to require... Is Dan Campbell a ‘rah-rah’ guy, yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Detroit Lions don’t know who their quarterback is going to be, they had a head coach who thought he knew more than everybody, hadn’t played, and everybody disliked him. So what do you do? You bring in a guy who everybody likes, HAS played, and who just has great positive energy, as was the case with the press conference. Nick Cirianni spent time with Andy Reid too, but the difference was that he was with Frank Reich, who was the one guy who really connected with Carson Wentz, and this was all about Carson Wentz. Every guy I talked to about Bieniemy was like ‘he was good and I can see him becoming a head coach, it’s just for us there wasn’t a lot of detail, and I think it might be because he’s doing too many interviews while still having his other job.’… I would say that’s what’s holding him back from a job. It’s a little bit like Trump for the last six months of his presidency talking about how he has a ‘plan’ for healthcare and he never released it. That’s a little bit like what they felt like with Bieniemy in terms of he had the ‘ideas’ of a plan, but did not seem to have a plan on how to implement that, or in comparison to how the others he was competing against.”

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...fl-head-coach/
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:41 AM 01-27-2022
When Andy Reid hired EB as OC I just felt he was JAG who Andy didn't expect to hang around once he got a HC gig. I guess the other teams figured EB was JAG as well. I can't fault them for that. There's nothing razzle-dazzle about EB in a league looking for the next Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, and Kyle Shanahan. Andy gets all the credit here.

With that said, there's no other coaching candidate with anything near the credentials of EB. He deserves a shot based on merit alone, even if he really is JAG. I don't like him getting snubbed again.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:43 AM 01-27-2022
I dunno, maybe. But there is something consistently happening in these interviews that is preventing him from getting a HC job, ANYWHERE. One or two is weird, but every time he interviews for the last what, 2 years or more and he never gets an offer? I'm only guessing as to what that might be.

Do people think there is just some anti-EB thing going on, or could it be that these GM's who are paid to find the best possible candidate are not finding EB hireable for that job?
I think people probably thought he needed another year before getting hired when he interviewed the first time around (Jets and Adam Gase lol).

I think there were some truly terrible teams looking for coaches in the second year, and a lot of them over-thought the process and avoided him.

From that point on, there was this "What's wrong with him???" stigma that pervades wisdom. So now you get this current round of coaches where there isn't really a "stud" homerun guy in the group, and teams are taking their time to hire GMs first and conduct thorough searches of all the guys, and people are continuing to murmur, "He hasn't gotten a job yet!!!!"

Of course he hasn't. He's still coaching in the playoffs.

Yeah, he might go this year and still not get a job. It might happen. That doesn't mean he wasn't the best man for the job.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:44 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I was just doing some surfing and came across this blurb from Fox Sorts and Doug Gotlieb from almost exactly a year ago, Who knows how legit this is...

By Wil Leitner
Jan 26, 2021

Doug Gottlieb: “I talked to three different people in three different front offices last night and I was trying to figure out ‘What’s the deal?’ No one disliked Bienemy, there was nothing in a background check that wouldn’t let you hire him, and there was nothing in regards to somebody you didn’t enjoy the conversation with. Nobody was like ‘I CAN’T WORK WITH THIS GUY.’ But it was interesting because with each different job that I had spoken to somebody about, it felt like the way in which it was described was that it wasn’t that he wasn’t prepared, or that he didn’t have a general plan, it was just that he didn’t have a lot of details to it… I don’t think anyone wants to hire a coach because social media told them to hire a coach, but I don’t think that’s an issue of why he hasn’t gotten a job yet. If people understand the level of preparedness it takes for each of these interviews and the level of detail that most of these places would like to require... Is Dan Campbell a ‘rah-rah’ guy, yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Detroit Lions don’t know who their quarterback is going to be, they had a head coach who thought he knew more than everybody, hadn’t played, and everybody disliked him. So what do you do? You bring in a guy who everybody likes, HAS played, and who just has great positive energy, as was the case with the press conference. Nick Cirianni spent time with Andy Reid too, but the difference was that he was with Frank Reich, who was the one guy who really connected with Carson Wentz, and this was all about Carson Wentz. Every guy I talked to about Bieniemy was like ‘he was good and I can see him becoming a head coach, it’s just for us there wasn’t a lot of detail, and I think it might be because he’s doing too many interviews while still having his other job.’… I would say that’s what’s holding him back from a job. It’s a little bit like Trump for the last six months of his presidency talking about how he has a ‘plan’ for healthcare and he never released it. That’s a little bit like what they felt like with Bieniemy in terms of he had the ‘ideas’ of a plan, but did not seem to have a plan on how to implement that, or in comparison to how the others he was competing against.”

Or here's a thought. Wait until after the season is over before coaching candidates can be interviewed. This is Bienemy's busy season and y'all are distracting him from his job.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 11:45 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC-TBB:
As a Director at a large transit system I hired/fired many and some people just do not interview well, which leaves you with a hinkey feeling. Your worry is always that if they cannot communicate themselves well across a table one on one, what might they be like leading others.
I hear what you’re saying. I also interview and hire many people. While some red flags can come up in interviews, I firmly believe good talent evaluators must consider empirical factors and not rely on judgement or impressions from interviews.
Therefore, if I was concerned about how someone will communicate with his organization, I would seek out evidence of how he did this in the past and not worry about my impression during an interview. I have literally made a career of taking folks into my organization that others have overlooked and getting outstanding results from them to such a level that it has advanced both of our careers. I am a big believer that the greatest indicator of future success is a history of sustained past successes.
[Reply]
Danguardace 11:47 AM 01-27-2022
I personally dont agree with how the NFL recruits Head coaches, essentially they are recruiting Co-ordinators to ensure they can leave.

Doesn't feel like there are many true HCs in the league, guys who can have an influence on all phases of the game.
[Reply]
Scaga 11:47 AM 01-27-2022
Maybe after hearing "at the end of the day....." 25 times during the interview, teams just quit listening... :-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:48 AM 01-27-2022

By Wil Leitner
Jan 26, 2021

In a nutshell, he’s kinda dumb.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:48 AM 01-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
When Andy Reid hired EB as OC I just felt he was JAG who Andy didn't expect to hang around once he got a HC gig. I guess the other teams figured EB was JAG as well. I can't fault them for that. There's nothing razzle-dazzle about EB in a league looking for the next Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, and Kyle Shanahan. Andy gets all the credit here.

With that said, there's no other coaching candidate with anything near the credentials of EB. He deserves a shot based on merit alone, even if he really is JAG. I don't like him getting snubbed again.
Nothing says razzle-dazzle like Matt Gase, Joe Judge and Matt Patricia. Obviously EB can't hope to reach the lofty standards of those 3.
[Reply]
wazu 11:51 AM 01-27-2022

By Wil Leitner
Jan 26, 2021

Man to be a fly on the wall to hear what detailed plans these coaches are laying out in these interviews. That's the Hard Knocks episode I want.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:53 AM 01-27-2022
I know how he feels
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up