ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 02:51 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would venture to guess the Chiefs brass has a real plan and doesn't think about it like either one of us.
Dude, Veach has proven that he makes BOLD moves in every draft and signing.

Playing a role in moving up for Pat
The Clark trade and mega deal
Sammy Watkins mega deal
Tyrann...
500 million

Went down to the wire trying to sign a HOF LT a few weeks ago

If you think he’s just going to wait around for a left tackle to fall, you are mistaken.

This will be the guy that will protect his golden goose.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:56 PM 03-29-2021
Or just sign someone else then, it doesn't have to be Okung.

There's all kinds of possibilities. No need for tunnel vision.
What we’re saying is we would much rather see us move up in the draft to get our “pick of the litter” to ensure a scheme fit for a LT that can play right away (while spending the FA$ elsewhere) than waste the $ on a guy that will rarely be on the field or a guy that when he’s on the field, he’s not what we want from the position, anyway...even in the short term.

The only way I’d sign Okung or Villanueva is if we miss on a LT in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 02:59 PM 03-29-2021
You said he has to start day 1. There's a chance he doesn't. There's absolutely no guarantee he'll be ready to start, regardless of who he is, and even if he is, Andy may decide he doesn't like the idea.
None of that is "sure thing".

Of course there's no guarantee. Are we only drafting guys with guarantee's?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:05 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What we’re saying is we would much rather see us move up in the draft to get our “pick of the litter” to ensure a scheme fit for a LT that can play right away (while spending the FA$ elsewhere) than waste the $ on a guy that will rarely be on the field or a guy that when he’s on the field, he’s not what we want from the position, anyway...even in the short term.

Who is the pick of the litter? What are we giving up to get him and what team is willing to drop that far to #31 without trying to absolutely rape us in value?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:30 PM 03-29-2021
And if that guy doesn't exist? You guys keep saying it - scheme fit, long-term solution, must start day 1, etc.

The more conditions you put on it, the less chance you have of getting a guy that meets all of them.

Which is entirely possible. They're not going to do everything you guys want them to do. It never works out that way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:31 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
None of that is "sure thing".

Of course there's no guarantee. Are we only drafting guys with guarantee's?
Of course not.

But I'm also not trading away future valuable picks if I'm not getting as close to a guarantee as possible.

I don't play the lottery. Football teams shouldn't either.
[Reply]
oldman 03:36 PM 03-29-2021
I think one of the T's will be available at 31. They might have to trade up a bit if they want a certain guy, but giving up a 4th or something woudln't be too much to get the LT you want.
I agree with you, there will be a good T prospect at 31. As mentioned, if they do start him there, he's playing next to a LG we're paying a lot of money for.
[Reply]
O.city 03:40 PM 03-29-2021
Of course not.

But I'm also not trading away future valuable picks if I'm not getting as close to a guarantee as possible.

I don't play the lottery. Football teams shouldn't either.
As I've said all along, this all comes down the their evaluations of these guys. If they think Darrisaw is the next all pro LT HOF'er after evaluation of him, trade up and take him.

If not, don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:41 PM 03-29-2021
And if that guy doesn't exist? You guys keep saying it - scheme fit, long-term solution, must start day 1, etc.

The more conditions you put on it, the less chance you have of getting a guy that meets all of them.

Which is entirely possible. They're not going to do everything you guys want them to do. It never works out that way.
:-) They'll get a T prospect in this draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:41 PM 03-29-2021
As I've said all along, this all comes down the their evaluations of these guys. If they think Darrisaw is the next all pro LT HOF'er after evaluation of him, trade up and take him.

If not, don't.
You jumping the Chargers?
[Reply]
bricks 03:51 PM 03-29-2021
I would like for the Chiefs to draft Rashawn Slater.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:52 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because the NFLPA is pushing for a "Virtual Offseason" again this year.

Do you really want a rookie LT starting in Week 1 just a few weeks after joining the team and limited practice time?
With the faster vaccine rather rollout I would hope they would back off that.
[Reply]
O.city 03:54 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You jumping the Chargers?
I kinda think they try to go up and take Sewell.
[Reply]
TEX 04:00 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) They'll get a T prospect in this draft.
Not as funny as you may think, when you consider his response was specifically talking about a guy who fits ALL the criteria that BossChief listed. The point was that the more criteria, the less of a chance that guy is out there. Sure, they can get a "prospect," but that was not what anyone was talking about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:42 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not as funny as you may think, when you consider his response was specifically talking about a guy who fits ALL the criteria that BossChief listed. The point was that the more criteria, the less of a chance that guy is out there. Sure, they can get a "prospect," but that was not what anyone was talking about.
Exactly.

People don't want a "prospect".

They want a true LT that can start day 1, is the best long-term answer, and is an upgrade over Fisher. Among other things.

They'll absolutely get a tackle in the draft. It just doesn't HAVE to be in the 1st round or with a trade or anything like that. They'll get who they want.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 32
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up