ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:53 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by golfindude:
Put together a dominant defense, run the ball more behind a better OL. Is that the plan ?
If they don't add anything significant at WR, it's probably a good idea. They lost Watkins and no telling how Hardman will develop. Robinson will never be a good #2 WR. There's still the draft of course and free agency isn't over.

Not sure about "dominant defense". Middle of the pack is all we need if the offense plays like it's supposed to. The LB position is still weak and the pass rush was inconsistent last year.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:00 AM 03-29-2021
Put together a dominant defense, run the ball more behind a better OL. Is that the plan ?
I'm fine with this. Protects Mahomes better (think longer career.... worked for Brady).

If they go this route, I would prioritize a TE2 over adding another big name WR.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:06 AM 03-29-2021
In the grand scheme of things TE2 sucks worse than WR2 at this point. Picking up a complement to TK than can block well helps both the receiving corps and helping a rookie LT block on ocasion.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:07 AM 03-29-2021
Andy Reid will never run the ball more especially with PM2 behind center.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Andy Reid will never run the ball more especially with PM2 behind center.
I don’t think he has to. We can continue to run it like we do but it will be more successful behind a better offensive line.
[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 03-29-2021
The Chiefs have had one of the best offenses in the league the last 3 years (2018 was one of the best in NFL history) and people want them to change the approach?

Nah.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:22 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs have had one of the best offenses in the league the last 3 years (2018 was one of the best in NFL history) and people want them to change the approach?

Nah.
I think adding a second TE and a replacement for Watkins doesn’t mean that you change the offense. It allows you to do more of what you do now. Add guys who can tear up the intermediate parts of the field and still help underneath in shallow routes.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think adding a second TE and a replacement for Watkins doesn’t mean that you change the offense. It allows you to do more of what you do now. Add guys who can tear up the intermediate parts of the field and still help underneath in shallow routes.
Talking more about the "build up the OL and run the ball more".

Nah, no thanks. Build up the OL to pass block and throw it more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 03-29-2021
Talking more about the "build up the OL and run the ball more".

Nah, no thanks. Build up the OL to pass block and throw it more.
Most definitely. We just need better push in the run game from our improved offensive line.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:29 AM 03-29-2021
I don’t think he has to. We can continue to run it like we do but it will be more successful behind a better offensive line.
Especially in the red zone. This team runs too many gimmick plays near the goal line because they simply can't punch it in traditionally. Kelce gets mugged and Hill's speed is irrelevant in the passing game when there's no space behind the defense. Also, we don't have any receiver to run fade routes with.

The easiest way to score in the red zone is to run the ball. Hopefully, the new OL will make that more possible.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:32 AM 03-29-2021
We need to be more of a threat to run the ball. If a defense has to play KC honest, they're in real trouble.

I don't think we're suddenly going to play Martyball or anything, but if we CAN run the ball and are a threat to do so, we'll see something more like the 2018 offense, which was the last time we actually COULD run the ball consistently.
[Reply]
Whosurdaddy 10:39 AM 03-29-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5SJJHhsdUQ

I think the Tremble guy is better in the passing game than people think. He's a monster for outside runs though. Could be a awesome mid round pick that could change some things for us.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 03-29-2021
Or WR.

I’m guessing it’s going to be WR, DE and OT in the first three rounds. Not necessarily in that order.
Corner is full of riches in this draft. Dane Brugler just tweeted that he has 11 graded as top 62 picks.

I think they may take one based on principle, especially that Memphis kid that House coached. Then take one in the 4th that has traits and wait out Ingram.

Gonna be really damn interesting to see
[Reply]
In58men 11:55 AM 03-29-2021
I really want OT in the 1st round. I know it’s not sexy, but if we can give Mahomes a couple more seconds and CEH some help, we could do anything.

Go after Terrace Marshall Jr in the 2nd or Tylan Wallace. I also think we can land quality OT in the 2nd and go WR in round 1.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:55 AM 03-29-2021

Nah.
Their approach will be changed by other teams whether you like it or not that's the reality. Teams are going to continue to play guys 15-20 yards from the LOS in order to not get beat deep.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up