ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 131
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:06 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Let’s hope so. As a Grizz fan it was nice to not have him on the offensive end screwing up the momentum this game. It let Ja just be Ja and the results were nice to see. GP3 will have to wise up and learn how to fall in the NBA. That injury isn’t on Brooks. Most people are smart enough to know not to try and catch themselves with their arm nowadays. Kerr’s comments about it are hilarious. If he really cared about the “code” of basketball Draymond Green wouldn’t be on his team. No one is feeling sorry for the dirty Warriors.
Yeah, if Brooks wanted to injure someone on the Warriors, he likely wouldn't pick on their 6th best player (or whatever Payton is). It was a careless challenge that unfortunately resulted in an injury.

A team with Draymond Green on it shouldn't be complaining about dirty plays and the "code". Imagine Draymond playing 25 years ago against Anthony Mason, Karl Malone, Charles Oakley, Derrick Coleman, and Charles Barkley. I doubt we'd see many of his current antics.

Kerr was a pussy when he played. I'm not surprised to hear his whining.
[Reply]
jettio 09:28 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'm pulling for Memphis but I have a hard time seeing them winning this series. Curry and Klay were cold from three and Morant needed to put up almost 50 to win a close one at home.
During that stretch where Warriors came back and took lead in 3rd quarter, Morant was leading Grizz into contested shots and Curry and the Warriors were moving the ball around for really good looks.

Morant needs to try to get more really good looks for his team. Nice to entertain the crowd with spectacular plays, but it would be hard to make the NBA Finals if you don't set team up for more layups and open 3's.
[Reply]
DanBecky 10:02 AM 05-04-2022
The GP3 injury hurts more than some people think bc he seemed to be the only one athletic enough on the Warriors to remotely stay in front of Ja. And if people want the Warriors to win this series you better hope Brooks isn’t suspended. He’s absolute dog shit, you want him out there with that ugly ass jumper taking the ball outa Jan’s hands.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:15 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
During that stretch where Warriors came back and took lead in 3rd quarter, Morant was leading Grizz into contested shots and Curry and the Warriors were moving the ball around for really good looks.

Morant needs to try to get more really good looks for his team. Nice to entertain the crowd with spectacular plays, but it would be hard to make the NBA Finals if you don't set team up for more layups and open 3's.
Finding any fault in Morants game last night is a stretch. He was extremely productive and carried his team to the W with an obviously hurt Bane, an ejected Brooks, and JJJ fouled out as well. Ziaire Williams was really the only other Grizzly to show up last night besides JJJ in the 1st quarter and BC being a solid bench presence.

I’ll take Ja taking those contested shots any day. When he gets going he’s absolutely unstoppable. I think the world is starting to finally see that he is an absolute superstar in this league. I think all this talk about Steph is fueling his fire even more. He may finish this series with more points than Steph and Klay combined when this series is all said and done. They don’t really have the defense that can stop him attacking the rim and I’d love for them to stick with the game plan of leaving him wide open for step-up 3’s.

It will be interesting to see what Jenkins decides to do with Steven Adams. I think the offense runs so much better with him running the pick and rolls, but he is a liability vs small quicker lineups. Draymond being essentially just a defensive guy should allow Adams to matchup with him and get the offense clicking again like it did during the regular season.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:02 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Dillion Brooks should be and I expect to suspended. That was one of the dirtiest plays I have seen in years. GP3 has a fractured elbow is done for the year.
The injury stinks, but dumbass should know to not try to brace yourself for a hit with your arms. That's what your ass is for.

Series has been great so far.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:03 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Let’s hope so. As a Grizz fan it was nice to not have him on the offensive end screwing up the momentum this game. It let Ja just be Ja and the results were nice to see. GP3 will have to wise up and learn how to fall in the NBA. That injury isn’t on Brooks. Most people are smart enough to know not to try and catch themselves with their arm nowadays. Kerr’s comments about it are hilarious. If he really cared about the “code” of basketball Draymond Green wouldn’t be on his team. No one is feeling sorry for the dirty Warriors.
There is no comparison between what Draymond did and Dillon. GP3 was in the air and Dillion clubbed him without even attempting to go for the ball. Dillon should be suspended for the season but he won't be.

As far as the game\series go it definitely is going to go 6 or 7 but last night GSW only made 7 3's and had wide open looks all night long. They hit their normal 3P% that is a double digit victory
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:08 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The injury stinks, but dumbass should know to not try to brace yourself for a hit with your arms. That's what your ass is for.

Series has been great so far.
It is just natural to do that plus he was right by the stanchion.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:52 PM 05-04-2022
There is no comparison between what Draymond did and Dillon. GP3 was in the air and Dillion clubbed him without even attempting to go for the ball. Dillon should be suspended for the season but he won't be.

As far as the game\series go it definitely is going to go 6 or 7 but last night GSW only made 7 3's and had wide open looks all night long. They hit their normal 3P% that is a double digit victory
No one is comparing those two actions. Everyone is laughing at this magical “code” that suddenly exists is all. Draymond has multiple incidents in his career similar if not worse than what Brooks did last night. Getting people to try and feel sorry for a team like the Warriors is like Brady fans bitching about officiating.

As far as the series goes, Memphis has really only played 1 game in the postseason up to their normal potential. If they can use these 3 days to get Bane healthy and Adams back from Covid protocols I don’t see how GS has the depth to keep up. You’re probably right, though, GS will still push it to a 6-7 game series. Steph is too good to just layover.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:01 PM 05-04-2022

Depends which Draymond incident we are talking about. Draymond has done a lot of shit for a lot of years now.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:04 PM 05-04-2022

This is just what he's done to LeBron alone (he didn't go for the ball on either the May 19, 2021 foul or the one in game 7 on June 19, 2016 with LeBron in the air both times and he straight up body checked LeBron mid-court in 2017). Then there's the entire kicking Steven Adams in the groin for an entire playoff series. I don't want to hear Kerr whining about the code again until this guy is off his team.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:16 PM 05-04-2022
Simmons actually needs back surgery. Can't say I saw that one coming.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:57 PM 05-04-2022
So sad that the 76ers are going to lose due to injury of Embiid. Argh.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:05 PM 05-04-2022
MLB has an Angel Hernandez problem.

But, every official in the NBA is Angel Hernandez. I don't understand how anyone can think they don't control outcomes or spreads on purpose.

Sometimes, a team just hits 60% from 3, and there is nothing they can do.

But, have you noticed in the playoffs that nearly every time a team gets a 15-20 point lead, the other team comes back and takes the lead, or gets within a point or two? Seriously, almost every single time.

Its so FN ridiculous that fouls with almost no contact gets called, and then there are plays that have bodies running into each other, or blatantly hard contact, and there is no foul called.

It makes the NBA almost unwatchable. Then add in the 30 travels every game that get ignored, and it's just a joke.

I used to love the NBA, but it's just shit now. They are great athletes, but they all whine on every play, and the purposely poor, manipulative officiating makes the whining necessary.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:15 PM 05-04-2022
CP3 just torching Luka repeatedly.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:35 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
CP3 just torching Luka repeatedly.
Paul and Booker just absolutely took the game from the Mavs in the fourth. What a game!
[Reply]
Page 49 of 131
« First < 394546474849 505152535999 > Last »
Up