Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:29 AM 09-22-2021
I wonder if Niang would hold up as well on the left side?
[Reply]
New World Order 10:43 AM 09-22-2021
Niang looks great. Looked better against Myles than Brown did.

He’s only played 2 games. He’s going to continue to look better
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:55 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I wonder if Niang would hold up as well on the left side?
I feel like with Mahomes the left/right stuff matters a lot less than most QBs. He never just stands there like a statue. He's always moving around, and he almost always feels the rush coming, or at least anticipates it when it should be there. He only gets caught off guard on plays where the O-lineman gets beat instantly.

But teams do still line up their best DE on the left tackle's side usually.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:57 AM 09-22-2021
Can you imagine how pissed Orlando Brown would be if we switched the right and left tackles?

But it might be the best thing. Maybe.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:57 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He’s a loser & quitter. I’d cut his ass next year.
KChiefs1, where art thou?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:57 AM 09-22-2021
You really gotta give the entire OL a solid B or B+ so far. Room to improve, but clearly better than average. Which is incredible with 5 new starters and 3 rookies. Great stuff.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:14 AM 09-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
KChiefs1, where art thou?

Right here.

I’m here waiting for the Lucas Niang highlights while watching Trey Smith kill dudes.

I’ll admit Niang hasn’t been a complete fail but I still have a fear he is going to get Mahomes killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:18 AM 09-22-2021
Right here.

I’m here waiting for the Lucas Niang highlights while watching Trey Smith kill dudes.

I’ll admit Niang hasn’t been a complete fail but I still have a fear he is going to get Mahomes killed.

JFC this dudes been serviceable after a year off, a hip injury and as his first two games in the mens league. Hes gone against a top 3 rusher two above average journeyman and a touted rookie rusher and done well.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:20 AM 09-22-2021
Right here.

Do you have a fear that Creed Humphrey is going to get Mahomes killed?

At least there you’d have real evidence of an errant snap, which would force Mahomes to wind up on the bottom of a dog pile.

You have absolutely nothing to point to when it comes to Niang
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:21 AM 09-22-2021
Right here.

Brown is more of a concern.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:27 AM 09-22-2021

At least there you’d have real evidence of an errant snap, which would force Mahomes to wind up on the bottom of a dog pile.

I haven’t been happy with the center position since Mitch Morse left.

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:11 PM 09-22-2021
I haven’t been happy with the center position since Mitch Morse left.

Hell, Mitch Morse had a notorious record in KC of missing games. Multiple concussions just in his years with the Chiefs. Given what we knew at the time when Morse left KC, I think it's actually more likely that Morse would've gotten Mahomes killed by getting injured and leaving the door open for a turd to mess everything up.

I know he's been just about 100% healthy since signing with Buffalo, but at the time it was totally smart to move on because we just couldn't trust him.

Until we start seeing something that is a glaring sign, I think Niang is far more trustworthy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:22 PM 09-22-2021
Morse spent nearly half the time on the injured list in the 2017-2018 seasons. No way did it make any sort of sense to re sign him, especially at an 11 million AAV.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:58 PM 09-22-2021

Humphrey also struggled getting to the second level and missed a block on the Mahomes INT and got blown up on the CEH fumble. Very rough game for Humphrey and you know if Niang performed that way the bird leg watchers would have been all over him. I think hiccups like that are expected with a young line, btw, but so far Niang has been fantastic in his first two career outings.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:11 PM 09-22-2021
I’ll give the 5 new starters including 3 rookies some time to develop and build chemistry together. Not to mention learn the system and playbook. Obviously they don’t have to learn all the routes like skill positions, but there’s a little more to it than just run block or pass block the person in front of you. This is a very big and talented OL across the board.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 46
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up