Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
srvy 05:35 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm not at all a "gun guy." Is this illegal because uzi's specifically are banned in California, or is there some other element at play here that I'm missing?
An Uzi is only illegal if its fully automatic without a licence to own a fully automatic weapon. State laws can limit clip capacity. California is very strict on such things. The configuration is the key here. Uzi are pieces of shit inaccurate why anyone wants one is beyond me.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:38 PM 06-21-2021
Lawyer will probably prove taillight was not out
which makes the stop illegal
which erases the bag that the nosey cop happened to see inside of
which then removes the "uzi"

something like that

Keep in mind that California is full of worthless gun laws that are just dumb. One of my typical carry pistols that shoots 410 shells would be considered a sawed off shotgun out there, super illegal.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:39 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
They seized my handgun out of the console (that I announced was there) and charged me with carrying a weapon during the commission of a crime when I got pulled over for DUI.

Pretty sure that's not the spirit of the law.
I have a felony charge from 1990. It was supposed to be Suspended Imposition of Sentence (which means it should have been wiped off my record when I completed the probation and payed my fines, which I did both). I went to look at a shotgun at a gun dealer and filled out the paperwork to try to get it in December. The guy let me hold it while I was waiting for my Federal approval call back. It came back denied, so I went home and didn’t think about it. Then a week later detectives showed up at my house. Said I was on video as a felon in possession of a firearm and could face mandatory minimum of 3 years for it. Had to pay a lawyer 1k plus court costs to get a lawyer to get my charge expunged even though it should have been wiped away. It was a lot of aggravation, and lots of worrying about going to prison when I’ve been doing nothing but the right thing for decades. The state decided not to pick up the charges after I got it all done, thankfully.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:40 PM 06-21-2021
Cali recently overturned the assault weapons ban too
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...apons-78098730

Money usually wins in the legal system show-downs
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:40 PM 06-21-2021
The article lost all credibility once I read this.
"NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league --"
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The article lost all credibility once I read this.
"TMZ"
FYP.
[Reply]
frozenchief 05:45 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Lawyer will probably prove taillight was not out
which makes the stop illegal
which erases the bag that the nosey cop happened to see inside of
which then removes the "uzi"

something like that

Keep in mind that California is full of worthless gun laws that are just dumb. One of my typical carry pistols that shoots 410 shells would be considered a sawed off shotgun out there, super illegal.
That is generally the first thing the defense lawyer will look at: was the stop good. That will depend upon the evidence, which includes what the cop says and anything else to support it, such as maybe a dash-cam.

If the dash-cam shows Clark speeding down the highway at excessive speeds, the court is likely to uphold the stop. If the video contradicts the police officer, the court is like to find the stop to be a bad stop and anything from the stop is not allowed to be introduced into evidence.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1994 in a case called Whren v US that the subjective intentions of the cop do not matter as long as there is a valid reason to stop the car. So if a cop follows a black guy in a car long enough for that guy to change lanes without signalling, then the stop is valid even if the cop is just looking for a reason to stop the car. That applies in federal cases. Not all states follow that. I have not practiced in California in 25 years so I don't know if that's the law in California or not. Put another way, California might not have that as a rule in the state courts so if you can show that the cop's reason to stop was something other than the purported reason, you might be able to get the evidence suppressed.

Then there's the argument about whether the cop could really see what he claimed to see. It's one thing to say the cop could not see the firearm but another thing to prove it. If the cop saw what he claims, and if the cop was smart, he had Clark get out of the car, he cuffed Clark 'for officer safety,' and then took photographs of the bag before removing the firearm. That is the protocol. If the cop did not follow it, then you've got to wonder why.
[Reply]
loochy 05:45 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What are these guys doing in their off time that requires them to carry a gun?
Keepin it real
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:47 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Fuck you and your dog whistling bullshit.

Actually, let me correct myself. It’s not even a dog whistle. You aren’t even trying to hide your dumb fuck racism.

God damn you’re a piece of shit.
God damn you’re a fucking snowflake bitch. Maybe you’ve been too busy watching CNN but yeah there was a shooting at a Juneteenth “celebration” in Compton and the scene surrounding the ambulance trying to save the person looked like something YOU would be so fucking proud of.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPubli...tm_name=iossmf
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:53 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I see that every single day as well, yet I've never seen a vehicle pulled over and ticketed.
When I first moved to LA in my less responsible times I had expired Kansas plates for like four years and never once got pulled over.

I drove a Maxima and am white though so
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:55 PM 06-21-2021
0:40 mark.

https://youtu.be/GpVHSA5DWEI
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:56 PM 06-21-2021
Well, that’s something for sure….
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:57 PM 06-21-2021
Has pit been here to tell us we shouldn't cut him if we care about winning super Bowls yet?
[Reply]
loochy 05:59 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Fuck you and your dog whistling bullshit.

Actually, let me correct myself. It’s not even a dog whistle. You aren’t even trying to hide your dumb fuck racism.

God damn you’re a piece of shit.
Dude Juneteenth is a national holiday
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:04 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Anyone else find it odd that he was arrested at 9:20 last night, wasn't booked until 9:30 this morning and didn't post a measly $35k bond until late this afternoon?

Or is that normal? Seems like guys are booked and released pretty quickly in run ins with the law.
It's California, they probably take them out to dinner and an ice cream first.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 9 of 43
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up