ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
FRCDFED 04:53 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on ****ing RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as **** don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.
I agree with kccrow. Even at the time I didn't see what everyone (I don't mean that literally) saw in an undersized RB. I'm not completely against taking a RB in the first but sometimes players just need to play and leave the roster decisions up to Veach. I definitely would've preferred one of the larger RBs that had comparable or higher production in college.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on ****ing RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as **** don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.
I think what he did running behind a pretty shitty offensive line was admirable at times. He clearly was creating the majority of his yardage, or half of it.

I was thoroughly disappointed in his pass game usage but I can’t fault him for that. For whatever reason, Andy didn’t use him like I thought they drafted him specifically for. Maybe it was the lack of an offseason. Idk, it has to change.

Point being, I think the best is in the near future for CEH, by far.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:54 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by FRCDFED:
I agree with kccrow. Even at the time I didn't see what everyone (I don't mean that literally) saw in an undersized RB. I'm not completely against taking a RB in the first but sometimes players just need to play and leave the roster decisions up to Veach. I definitely would've preferred one of the larger RBs that had comparable or higher production in college.
1. Size is not even remotely an issue with CEH.

2. Mahomes didn’t make the pick. Veach did. You can’t possibly believe otherwise. That’s silly.

3. CEH was and still is the best fit for the Chiefs out of all the RB’s. We haven’t even gotten him involved in the passing game yet, so it doesn’t surprise me that people are disappointed. That will change.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:32 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's listed at 247 right now. That's pretty light for a LDE in a 4-3, at least as a 3 down player.

He's not a prototypical LDE, but he is a talented player, and I'm sure Spags would be happy to have him.
Spags can use any talented player, I totally concur.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:33 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

2. Mahomes didn’t make the pick. Veach did. You can’t possibly believe otherwise. That’s silly.

3. CEH was and still is the best fit for the Chiefs out of all the RB’s. We haven’t even gotten him involved in the passing game yet, so it doesn’t surprise me that people are disappointed. That will change.
I agree thoroughly and you fix our o-line and you will see why we picked him in the 1st.:-)
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 05:37 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That's why he had 19 sacks in 2 years in Indy?
He lost the fire in KC! We all saw it. Two years ago nobody was sad to see him leave. Now some want him back thinking the outcome will be different!!!!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 05:39 PM 03-20-2021

CEH averaged 4.4 ypc. Damien averaged 4.5 the year before but remember all the people posting about how his long runs didnt count. CEH did 4.4 without any run longer than 31.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:40 PM 03-20-2021
CEH is undersized?

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
CEH averaged 4.4 ypc. Damien averaged 4.5 the year before but remember all the people posting about how his long runs didnt count. CEH did 4.4 without any run longer than 31.
One guy was playing behind a relatively healthy OL and the other was playing behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Not to mention CEH probably had more rushing yards than Williams has ever had in a season.

But totally fair comparison!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:04 PM 03-20-2021
One guy was playing behind a relatively healthy OL and the other was playing behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Not to mention CEH probably had more rushing yards than Williams has ever had in a season.

But totally fair comparison!
I was agreeing with you. Reread my post.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:08 PM 03-20-2021
I was agreeing with you. Reread my post.
Sorry I misunderstood your point. My apologies.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:20 PM 03-20-2021
Sorry I misunderstood your point. My apologies.
it's ok. I had meant to include something about the o line anyway to further help clarify.

I would disagree that we didnt involve him in the passing game though. He got more than 50 targets in 13 games. Maybe he will run more advanced routes this next year but he was already involved.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:40 PM 03-20-2021
it's ok. I had meant to include something about the o line anyway to further help clarify.

I would disagree that we didnt involve him in the passing game though. He got more than 50 targets in 13 games. Maybe he will run more advanced routes this next year but he was already involved.
I shouldn’t have said they didn’t involve him in the passing game, but that they didn’t to the level that I, or many, expected. I think part of that is because he went off the field on 3rd down so often due to pass blocking.

I fully expect him to be used more in the passing game next year.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:39 PM 03-20-2021
Ingram is twice the player of Tanoh and Okafor if healthy.

Sign him up.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:57 AM 03-21-2021
You guys can fight me all you want on the Justin Houston issue; I still like the guy and don't think he's washed up. Melvin Ingram would be a great contingency plan, but it's not my first choice
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up