ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 55
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
DaFace 03:01 PM 12-20-2020
The biggest thing is that there are NO GAMES OUTSIDE THE DIVISION in the regular season. It's purely a race for the top four spots in the division to make the playoffs.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:04 PM 12-20-2020
That Canadian division is gonna be tough for my Habs.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:08 PM 12-20-2020
That's really close to what I randomly made up last night thinking about the divisions.... I had Dallas and Minnesota swapped.

Should be the Blues' and Avalanche's division to lose.. and probably stupid Vegas.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:11 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
That Canadian division is gonna be tough for my Habs.
On the plus side, you're only competing against 6 other teams instead of 7.
[Reply]
Coach 03:13 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I take it they took into consideration of Canada's policy as well (the 14 day rule if leaving their country/returning), as to why it's all Canadian division?

If that's the case, that makes sense.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:15 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I take it they took into consideration of Canada's policy as well (the 14 day rule if leaving their country/returning), as to why it's all Canadian division?

If that's the case, that makes sense.
Correct. That's really the main reason for the bizarre structure.
[Reply]
Coach 03:17 PM 12-20-2020
Correct. That's really the main reason for the bizarre structure.
I was gonna post and say that Minnesota is actually more of a "Northern" team than Vancouver (whos really a Western team), but that's before I realized that 14 day rule.

Bizzare structure, yes it is, but if it works and allows them to have a season, sometimes you just have to do things in a unconventional way.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:30 PM 12-20-2020
Dallas being in the Central while STL and MIN are West makes 0 sense to me but whatever.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:34 PM 12-20-2020
Habs are weakest team by far , 6 or 7 teams won’t make a difference it atleast I get to see mcdavid more often.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:37 PM 12-20-2020
Those Canadian games would’ve been CRAZY with a full crowd
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:08 AM 12-23-2020
Great change to hopefully reduce challenges.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...otocols-season

Originally Posted by :
One of the NHL's most controversial rules is getting a tweak: Starting in 2021, a player's skate will not have to be in contact with the blue line to be considered onside.

The "plane" designation means players will no longer have to drag their skates along the ice as they cross into their attacking zone, and it could help reduce coach's challenges. Last season, there were 75 coach's challenges for offside, with 56 overturned, per Scouting the Refs.

The new language for Rule 83.1 reads: "A player is onside when either of his skates are in contact with the blue line, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leading edge of the blue line."

[Reply]
DaFace 10:28 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Great change to hopefully reduce challenges.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...otocols-season
Yeah, that's a net positive. I wonder if there will be any issue with guys stretching their legs out backward in the air or whatever, but that's probably a fairly awkward move. (I'm not a skater if you can't tell.)
[Reply]
Pushead2 10:49 AM 12-23-2020
Here's to my Ducks landing the best odds at not getting the number 1 pick.
[Reply]
Pushead2 10:50 AM 12-23-2020
Yeah, that's a net positive. I wonder if there will be any issue with guys stretching their legs out backward in the air or whatever, but that's probably a fairly awkward move. (I'm not a skater if you can't tell.)
I'm sure there will be a playoff "couldn't tell from the angle if the player's leg was across the line" botched call.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 55
1 23451151 > Last »
Up