ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shared fences and eminent domain
007 07:29 PM 05-18-2018
I have some problematic neighbors that allow a their weed and bush overgrowth to constantly take over the shared fence in my back yard. I trim this shit back multiple times per year and am getting rather sick of it invading my yard. What's really aggravating is that five feet of my yard is on their side of the fence. Unfortunately the fence has been there since before we moved in. It's a battle I'm tired of fighting.

I'm curious what others in similar situations have done. I've tried talking to them before but none of them give a shit since the growth from their weeds is on my side. Not their problem and all that BS.

Picture attached for reference. I don't think antifreeze and aids infected needles will help here.
[Reply]
007 11:41 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Sorry. Everyone else was suggesting you litigate a solution and demand your property lines be restored to you through surveyors and lawyers. I just suggested offering to pay to fix the problem. Which you would end up having to do anyway after demanding your property lines be respected.

Anything short of one of those two solutions will offer nothing to the conversation either. So, sadly i guess you're fucked.
Well, I don't have the money available to waste on litigation and I don't feel those extra few feet offer anything for my property. I could press the issue and remove the fence but I'm sure the neighbors would then try to litigate themselves, which I don't have money to be wasting for.

either way, is it really asking that much for them to do their part?
[Reply]
kepp 11:45 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
Well, I don't have the money available to waste on litigation and I don't feel those extra few feet offer anything for my property. I could press the issue and remove the fence but I'm sure the neighbors would then try to litigate themselves, which I don't have money to be wasting for.

either way, is it really asking that much for them to do their part?
No, it isn't too much to ask of them, but people are jerks. I think you had valid answers within the first few posts, but the problem is they all cost $$.

Get it surveyed, tear down fence, build new one (or don't). It sucks that they won't help out, but since it's all on your property they don't have to.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
007 11:49 PM 06-04-2018
Originally Posted by kepp:
No, it isn't too much to ask of them, but people are jerks. I think you had valid answers within the first few posts, but the problem is they all cost $$.

Get it surveyed, tear down fence, build new one (or don't). It sucks that they won't help out, but since it's all on your property they don't have to.
Posted via Mobile Device
As soon as one of them tells me, "not my problem, its on your property", then I will go over there with my chainsaw and cut all that shit down and tear down the fence.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:11 AM 06-05-2018
As soon as one of them tells me, "not my problem, its on your property", then I will go over there with my chainsaw and cut all that shit down and tear down the fence.
I got this.

[Reply]
007 12:22 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I got this.

Got quite a bit torn down today just using a sawzall. Now I just have to figure out how to keep these stumps from generating more crap. They were all on the fenceline with enough on my side to allow me to cut them.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:28 AM 06-05-2018
Got quite a bit torn down today just using a sawzall. Now I just have to figure out how to keep these stumps from generating more crap. They were all on the fenceline with enough on my side to allow me to cut them.
Depending on what it is, it may require digging up and removing the root system. I had to do that with some bullshit the old man had growing in the rock wall by the driveway and on the north side of the house.
[Reply]
kepp 12:45 AM 06-05-2018
I saw some stuff at Menards (I think) called stump remover. Apparently just drill holes and pour it in and let it go to work.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:28 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Home owners association?
no. Strict city codes.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:31 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by kepp:
I saw some stuff at Menards (I think) called stump remover. Apparently just drill holes and pour it in and let it go to work.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've done that. Good stuff.

If you are in the city-will they come out and survey for free?

When you do decide to sell-that will trigger a survey-and that may be the end of the discussion.
[Reply]
srvy 05:47 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
no. Strict city codes.
Beat him to the punch put a fence you can live with on the line with your adjoiner before he can put up his gaudy fence.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:51 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Beat him to the punch put a fence you can live with on the line with your adjoiner before he can put up his gaudy fence.
Thought about it. Hate fences and not willing to spend the money.
But I will beat the shit out of his fence. I wonder if I can paint my side of the fence?

He will sell in 5 years anyway. Just have that feeling.
[Reply]
srvy 05:55 AM 06-05-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I've done that. Good stuff.

If you are in the city-will they come out and survey for free?

When you do decide to sell-that will trigger a survey-and that may be the end of the discussion.
City cant perform boundary surveys on private property. Its a conflict of interest.

That stump remover is just potassium nitrate you can just drill holes and pour in epsom salt or a ice melt with potassium chloride also.

Sale of home will trigger a lone or mortgage survey warning its not a legal survey. Loan companies use that as it satisfies tittle insurance. If you want a legal survey you have to pay for it extra.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 09:29 AM 06-05-2018
Tordon RTU

Available at Orscheln or almost any other farm supply. Not the first time mentioned. Squirt on fresh cuts & it does not grow back.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:52 PM 06-05-2018
why don't the Hatfields just start shooting at the McCoys?

Myself, I would go out on Sunday morning at daybreak with a Sawsall and address the fence on my property. But I would have those pins located before I did.
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 04:54 PM 06-05-2018
Harvest the weeds, roll 'em up in some big doobies, and smoke 'em in front of them. That'll learn 'em some lessons for sure!!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up