ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 396 of 435
« First < 296346386392393394395396 397398399400406 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:11 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm at the point where I want Danna or Dunlap to get most of his snaps. He just dances around out there and doesn't want to have any type of contact. You can't have a defensive end who fears contact.
No, just no. Danna allowed a couple runs go right by him, didn't even see one of them; the Rb was 5 yards past him while he was still trying to rush the passer. Danna's good in spots, but Frank had a far better day today.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:14 PM 10-16-2022
In his three years prior to coming to Kansas City, he averaged 10.7 sacks per year for the Seahawks. During those same three years (2016 through 2018), Von Miller averaged 12.7. So the comparison in terms of pass rushing expectations isn't that far off.
Um, have you seen both of these guys play? Because no one that's watched Von Miller play for the last ten years or whatever, vs. Frank, well there's no comparison, and I don't care what the stats say. Von was an elite pass-rusher, probably a HOFer, while frank is just a solid DE with a multiple faceted skillset.

They aren't the same thing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:15 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

We can tell
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
We can tell
Well good. Then you dipsticks can stop trying to compare them as if they were the same guy.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:18 PM 10-16-2022
We can tell
Then why were you expecting him to be our Von Miller?
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:21 PM 10-16-2022
Um, have you seen both of these guys play? Because no one that's watched Von Miller play for the last ten years or whatever, vs. Frank, well there's no comparison, and I don't care what the stats say. Von was an elite pass-rusher, probably a HOFer, while frank is just a solid DE with a multiple faceted skillset.

Honestly, I didn't watch him that much in Seattle before he came here. Seattle is irrelevant to my life. But maybe we should watch to see what changed because he was much more productive there. I wonder if he was used differently.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:26 PM 10-16-2022
Honestly, I didn't watch him that much in Seattle before he came here. Seattle is irrelevant to my life. But maybe we should watch to see what changed because he was much more productive there. I wonder if he was used differently.
Pete Carroll is a defensive coach but was pretty glad to dump Clark instead of paying him big money. KC front office got fleeced by old Pete.
[Reply]
threebag 07:31 PM 10-16-2022
Frank stands around
Frank get swallowed inside
Frank doesn’t set shit on the edge
Frank looks lost
Frank is awful
Frank sucks dick
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:31 PM 10-16-2022
Well good. Then you dipsticks can stop trying to compare them as if they were the same guy.

I'm not, but the impact the Bills got from Miller tonight, we should be getting from Clark.

Last time we got that sort of impact from this dude was the AFCCG against the Titans. January of 2020. Nearly three calendar fucking years ago.

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Then why were you expecting him to be our Von Miller?

Because we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.. And then gave him a max contract.. And he's still in his prime.. And he just took a massive paycut and is still taking up $14m in cap space this year..

I think that about covers it.

Do you think teams often trade away a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a below average pass rushing end?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:36 PM 10-16-2022
He only plays well when he can get off the line quickly.

He did that well today for the first time in two years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 10-16-2022
He had more help in SEA also. But think he was also healthier for longer stretches.

But he was never a pure pass rusher like Von. Not nearly that kind of athlete.

But he could rush the passer better than a lot of EDGEs.

And he could defend the run.

And he could drop into coverage on most TEs.

His value has always been about all the things he could do at a fairly high level. Not that he was some elite pass-rusher. Even in SEA he was never that.

The retards on CP that keep wanting him to be that, are, well, retarded.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 07:43 PM 10-16-2022
Because we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him.. And then gave him a max contract.. And he's still in his prime.. And he just took a massive paycut and is still taking up $14m in cap space this year..

I think that about covers it.

Do you think teams often trade away a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a below average pass rushing end?
I'm not even really disagreeing with you that we should've gotten and expected more from Clark. We absolutely should have. I'm just saying no one should have ever expected to get HOF type of production.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:46 PM 10-16-2022
I'm not even really disagreeing with you that we should've gotten and expected more from Clark. We absolutely should have. I'm just saying no one should have ever expected to get HOF type of production.
This is it. Yeah, we should'[ve gotten more production from him in his time here.

But he was never going to be VM. Trying to put Frank in that box is just idiotic.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:48 PM 10-16-2022

People are misinterpreting what I said.

I said "that's WHAT Clark is supposed to be for us". Meaning the impact Miller had tonight, is what we should be getting from Clark.

We are not getting that. If the dude has one hurry and a TFL in an entire 60 minutes, we say "alright, well, he looked better this week!"

That's bullshit. Clark sucks and I don't wanna hear shit else. If I come in this thread and say he sucks, I want you all to just fucking agree. Because we know it's true.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:50 PM 10-16-2022
Claiming we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder with a $100m contract for a pass rusher to come in here and set the edge and cover TEs is idiotic lol
[Reply]
Page 396 of 435
« First < 296346386392393394395396 397398399400406 > Last »
Up