ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 378 of 435
« First < 278328368374375376377378 379380381382388428 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:33 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I don’t recall a less effective pass rusher starting so many games at DE. This dude is a backup that got paid like a pro bowler
I do . Eric Hicks.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:42 AM 09-22-2022
He’s a rotational player at this point

Frank Clark has 5 total pressures to the QB this year. That is the 33rd most in the NFL. Not too shabby at all.

— Chiefs Hive (@chiefshive) September 20, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 08:15 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Sounds like Danna is likely headed to IR.

WTF happened to him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:20 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Sounds like Danna is likely headed to IR.
With a calf strain?

That seems extreme. Maybe a gameday inactive for a week or two but why IR him? Who do you need to add to the roster in his place so badly that you'd sit him for 4 weeks (the same 4 weeks we won't have our most versatile LBer and for 3 of those weeks won't have arguably our top CB).

Nah - if there's even a 50/50 shot he plays in 2 weeks, you don't IR him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s a rotational player at this point

He's as bad on his 2nd snap as he is on his 50th.

I wonder where he ranks in terms of snaps taken. Because that dude is out there being ineffective on 80% of our plays it seems. And he can get a pressure by just waiting for a play to break down (because he damn sure isn't winning reps quickly).

I'm not sure I see much benefit in getting him fewer snaps outside of just getting him off the field. This isn't a Dunlap situation or even Ingram where they were productive in short bursts. Clark is only going to manage any sort of production via volume.

EDIT: 84 snaps so far this season for Clark; tied for 55th in the league (just based on counting rows - may be off a little bit). 3rd on the team behind Karlaftis and Jones.

Maxx Crosby has 146. Sweet jesus.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:00 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I wonder where he ranks in terms of snaps taken. Because that dude is out there being ineffective on 80% of our plays it seems. And he can get a pressure by just waiting for a play to break down (because he damn sure isn't winning reps quickly).

I'm not sure I see much benefit in getting him fewer snaps outside of just getting him off the field. This isn't a Dunlap situation or even Ingram where they were productive in short bursts. Clark is only going to manage any sort of production via volume.

EDIT: 84 snaps so far this season for Clark; tied for 55th in the league (just based on counting rows - may be off a little bit). 3rd on the team behind Karlaftis and Jones.

No wonder the Cardinals had 30 seconds to throw in that second half. Crosby is definitely not in good enough shape for that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:03 AM 09-22-2022
at this point im just glad they're not gashing us on the run over frank's side
[Reply]
wazu 09:10 AM 09-22-2022
Maybe the strategy is to put him out there and give him snaps as a form of exercise, in the hope that he will get stronger/faster/better by playoff time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:15 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Maybe the strategy is to put him out there and give him snaps as a form of exercise, in the hope that he will get stronger/faster/better by playoff time.
But he lost weight! Rededicated!!

Folks - he ain't gonna get better as the season goes on. Nobody adds good weight during a football season. And the guys that 'play their way into shape' do so because they came into camp fat (y'know, like Frank Clark last season).

This is the absolute best you're gonna get from Clark this year. He's not gonna get healthier, stronger, faster or smarter. He's just gonna be the same mindless mongoloid slug that he's been for 90% of his time here.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:18 AM 09-22-2022

Karlaftis got 55 snaps, Frank 48, Danna 34 and Dunlap 17 (maybe to ease him back in from Achilles soreness).

He’s a rotational player, but thus far Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap (in limited snaps) are making up for Clark’s lack of success.

Karlaftis-9 pressures (11th among edge rushers!)
Danna-8 pressures (16th best)
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL
[Reply]
Mecca 09:18 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Does anyone think the latest move to bring in Benton Whitley from the Rams could be an indication that Clark will be suspended over his gun cases? Remember the Chiefs elevated Jack Cochrane from the practice squad before we ever knew what was coming with Gay Jr.

Andy was asked the question about Frank in his press conference yesterday and blew it off but when you look at it we have Frank, Dunlap, George, Danna, Kaindoh and Herring already in the DE room. Now Whitley makes it seven so it must mean Frank is due for a suspension or Danna is heading to IR imo.
No., it's an indication that even though they kept Kaindoh they don't think he's ready for Danna's reps.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Karlaftis got 55 snaps, Frank 48, Danna 34 and Dunlap 17 (maybe to ease him back in from Achilles soreness).

He’s a rotational player, but thus far Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlap (in limited snaps) are making up for Clark’s lack of success.

Karlaftis-9 pressures (11th among edge rushers!)
Danna-8 pressures (16th best)
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL
It does seem like a rotation of Karlaftis/Dunlap opposite of Danna/Clark would make some sense.

But then again, I'm just on board with anything that sees Clark getting maybe 25 snaps/game. Not because I think it'll make him better, but mostly because I think it will mitigate his shittyness.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:29 AM 09-22-2022
It does seem like a rotation of Karlaftis/Dunlap opposite of Danna/Clark would make some sense.

But then again, I'm just on board with anything that sees Clark getting maybe 25 snaps/game. Not because I think it'll make him better, but mostly because I think it will mitigate his shittyness.
I read a stat the other day that Frank Clark actually leads the league in “Total Edges Set”. No need to look that up. You can trust me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I read a stat the other day that Frank Clark actually leads the league in “Total Edges Set”. No need to look that up. You can trust me.
That checks out - he's an elite run defender who does his job like clockwork out there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:35 AM 09-22-2022
That checks out - he's an elite run defender who does his job like clockwork out there.
He’s a little lower in “Edges Set Per Capita”. Like 3rd in the league. Still pretty good.

I’m not surprised if you’ve never heard of that stat. No need to look that one up either.
[Reply]
Page 378 of 435
« First < 278328368374375376377378 379380381382388428 > Last »
Up