ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 370 of 435
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 06:19 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
Maybe he hasn't fully recovered from covid. He did not look good today.
He hasn't looked good for most of the time he's been here. This isn't anything new.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:35 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1 tackle

0 sacks

0 qb hits

eat shit
And 1 missed high five.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:38 PM 09-11-2022
frank's best rush of the night was looping in on a stunt unblocked, falling down, and getting in sneed's way on what might have been a sack

cc: DJ's Left Nut

granted it DID stop a drive thanks to fenton being in the right place
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 PM 09-11-2022
Yeah he's still bad.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 PM 09-11-2022
I really dont think he can get six sacks
[Reply]
JPH83 11:05 PM 09-11-2022
He's awful, nothing has changed. He's been a consistent POS and criminally overpaid.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:14 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I really dont think he can get six sacks
It'll be a fucking miracle if he gets to 4
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:15 AM 09-12-2022
Can someone remind me, exactly, what he did to insure our Super Bowl win. I remember him making a sack, I remember the whole Shark thing, and I remember the picture of his drooling visage, but I still can't exactly recall how his effort was THE pivotal moment that, without him, would've guaranteed we don't make/win the SB.

Keep in mind the context of his contract and its implications.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:26 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Can someone remind me, exactly, what he did to insure our Super Bowl win. I remember him making a sack, I remember the whole Shark thing, and I remember the picture of his drooling visage, but I still can't exactly recall how his effort was THE pivotal moment that, without him, would've guaranteed we don't make/win the SB.

Don't, I hate going over this argument again. He's been a terrible player for us and we will immediately improve when he f***s off.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:29 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:

He was an absolute monster for that entire postseason. Seriously, go back and watch the Texans game and how important he was in helping us blast our way back into that game. 10 pressures, 3 sacks. Cumulatively the second best EDGE that postseason behind only Nick Bosa. You can acknowledge both the facts that he's been terrible these last couple seasons and that he was absolutely instrumental in our 2019-2020 Super Bowl run.
[Reply]
In58men 05:36 AM 09-12-2022
Kyler Murray is a difficult QB to tackle and some of you are crying about him not getting 6 sacks :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 AM 09-12-2022
So-not arguing anything either way on Frank Clark, but the reality of a defensive gameplan against Kyler Murray is similar to Lamar. You're probably not going to get a lot of sacks from your edge rushers unless they're coverage sacks. You try to keep him contained and IN the pocket because you're probably more concerned with his ability to run than pass and you need to keep him corralled.

So, while I'm not bullish on some great Clark resurgence, this isn't really the game to point to as evidence of anything.

The pass rush as a whole looked pretty good; Murray was mostly made uncomfortable and did not have running lanes for the most part. That's what you do against that guy, just like Lamar. You're not going to get a ton of sacks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:03 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Kyler Murray is a difficult QB to tackle and some of you are crying about him not getting 6 sacks :-)
I'd like to see the whole lines stats. The game plan for running qb's doesnt lend itself to sacks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:09 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So-not arguing anything either way on Frank Clark, but the reality of a defensive gameplan against Kyler Murray is similar to Lamar. You're probably not going to get a lot of sacks from your edge rushers unless they're coverage sacks. You try to keep him contained and IN the pocket because you're probably more concerned with his ability to run than pass and you need to keep him corralled.

So, while I'm not bullish on some great Clark resurgence, this isn't really the game to point to as evidence of anything.

The pass rush as a whole looked pretty good; Murray was mostly made uncomfortable and did not have running lanes for the most part. That's what you do against that guy, just like Lamar. You're not going to get a ton of sacks.
They got a lot of pressure yesterday. A LOT.

Now they just need to close. They're not going to be facing guys like Murray every week. They're going to get better.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:53 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They got a lot of pressure yesterday. A LOT.

Now they just need to close. They're not going to be facing guys like Murray every week. They're going to get better.
The Cards OL is pish, Chargers will be tougher, but I think Chris is right, probably trying to play contain a lot against Murray so we'll see.
[Reply]
Page 370 of 435
« First < 270320360366367368369370 371372373374380420 > Last »
Up