ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 214 of 435
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:37 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd rather pay $100 mil for a guy to ball out in the playoffs. If he was the reason we lost HFA, then I would bitch again, but I'll keep my mouth shut until he sucks in a post season, if/when that happens.
/thread :-)

people complaining about 3 FGs and players on our D is crazy...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 11-02-2020
Should have put Chris Jones in that post as well. While he doesn't have the sacks, he has been collapsing the pocket consistently and getting a ton of QB hits and pressures forcing bad throws.
Even Chris Jones has lapses in his game, particularly against the run.
[Reply]
-King- 10:41 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Outside of guys like Aaron Donald, you're talking about nearly every highly-paid defensive player in the NFL.
He's on pace for 6 sacks man. Six. C'mon man.
[Reply]
-King- 10:43 AM 11-02-2020
I'd rather pay $100 mil for a guy to ball out in the playoffs. If he was the reason we lost HFA, then I would bitch again, but I'll keep my mouth shut until he sucks in a post season, if/when that happens.
I'd rather pay $100 to a guy that can do both. So you wouldn't complain if the chiefs had re-signed Sammy Watkins to a top 3 WR contract cause he balls out in the playoffs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's on pace for 6 sacks man. Six. C'mon man.
I get that. But so are quite a few other guys.

Sacks usually come in bunches. One game with 2 or 3 and he's on pace for 11-13, which we both know he probably won't reach this season.

Sacks are streaky. It's about pressure rate. His pressure rate is down this year and that's concerning. It's not the end of the world, however.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:48 AM 11-02-2020
Clark doesn't seem to have any kind of outside swim move. He has a bull rush and a spin. But the outside move always takes him so far out of the play - linemen don't fear it.

Seems like even in the playoffs last year almost all his sacks were hustle sacks where nobody was open and the QB started running around. I can't think of very many times he just flat out beat the tackle and got a quick sack.
[Reply]
-King- 10:49 AM 11-02-2020
Well the difference between Chris Jones and Frank Clark is that Chris Jones is an elite HOF talent and Frank Clark is just above average. Elite players consistently get pressure and make an impact throughout the game, but above average players go stretches where they don't look very good.
Frank Clark is making elite HOF talent money though.

Yeah if he shows up for the playoffs again, yeah no problem. But you shouldn't have to wait to see a guy you traded a first round and 2nd round pick for and gave $100 million to. A guy like that is expected to be on more than off throughout the whole season. Yet as of now he has 3 sacks, one of them being the stupidest sack taken by a qb this season.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 11-02-2020
I'd rather pay $100 to a guy that can do both. So you wouldn't complain if the chiefs had re-signed Sammy Watkins to a top 3 WR contract cause he balls out in the playoffs?
Sammy has to go after this year, especially with Pat starting to make real money.

We also have a DE problem on the opposite side of Clark. Okafor is always hurt, Taco is okay but has been hurt and Danna has been hurt. Pretty easy to have the OL slide protection against these guys, roll out to the right or just have an extra blocker to double both of our guys.
[Reply]
wazu 10:54 AM 11-02-2020
"I love that we're winning Super Bowls but damn some of our most expensive players need to do better in the regular season!"

Yeah, after a lifetime of the exact opposite, I'll take that problem.
[Reply]
-King- 10:54 AM 11-02-2020

Sacks usually come in bunches. One game with 2 or 3 and he's on pace for 11-13, which we both know he probably won't reach this season.

Sacks are streaky. It's about pressure rate. His pressure rate is down this year and that's concerning. It's not the end of the world, however.
Yeah I agree. I just don't see him flat out beating a tackle at all. I don't see him making any moves or do anything that disrupts the offense. He usually just runs upfield and the tackle is more than happy to let him run himself out of a play. It would really be interesting to see all his sacks and see how many of them are coverage sacks...
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:56 AM 11-02-2020

Frank Clark has a total of one game in his time in KC with more than a single sack (regular season), so I'm not exactly expecting sacks to come in bunches for him. Plus, the sacks he does get usually seem to be of the coverage variety, not so much him dominating the OT.

Yes, Clark had an amazing postseason. That means little in 2020 and going forward. He has the biggest contract on the team until 2022 when Mahomes finally surpasses him. He's being paid like a top 3-5 DE, but I don't even think he's even top 10.

DE needs to be a priority in the draft over the next year or two, because we're probably going to need the $21 million cap savings from cutting Clark in 2023. Hopefully we have more success this time around than we have lately with Kpass and Speaks in the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 10:57 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
"I love that we're winning Super Bowls but damn some of our most expensive players need to do better in the regular season!"

Yeah, after a lifetime of the exact opposite, I'll take that problem.
It's not a mutually exclusive thing but yeah thanks for playing. A player can be great in both the playoffs and in the regular season. That's kind of the expectation for "great" players.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:18 AM 11-02-2020
He had a better game than Chris Jones.

Wharton put them both to shame.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:25 PM 11-02-2020
Even Chris Jones has lapses in his game, particularly against the run.
There are plays that go away from him that he only gives a good effort for about 3 seconds. I have no issues with that, because he makes plays when it counts.

It's the same with Clark. As long as he doesn't blatantly cost us a game, I don't care what he does until the playoffs.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:27 PM 11-02-2020
Seriously, where did Wharton come from? Dude is an animal
[Reply]
Page 214 of 435
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Up