ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 435
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:43 PM 11-01-2019
I’d like to see that list sorted for justvthe last 3 weeks
[Reply]
BWillie 06:50 PM 11-01-2019
Is Frank Clark still alive? Or are him and John Goodman in heaven?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:55 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
1) Craig Stout? Lol ok
2) He works for Arrowhead pride not the chiefs
3) That 2.5 number is based on the first TWO weeks of the season.
I guess Stout was right.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:35 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you are a fucking dumbass...here are the latest numbers....highlighted KC for you since you are a fucking dumbass pussy bitch

Those numbers are from the perspective of the offense and don't necessarily indicate the impact that Frank Clark has directly. If you read what Football Outsiders says here, "These runs are from the perspective of the OFFENSE, so a run listed as LEFT TACKLE is actually at the RIGHT defensive end," you'd realize you made yourself look equally inept by not including the worst-on-the-team statistic of 5.93 ypc off left tackle.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:43 PM 11-01-2019
Now Frank Clark sucks against the run :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:34 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Those numbers are from the perspective of the offense and don't necessarily indicate the impact that Frank Clark has directly. If you read what Football Outsiders says here, "These runs are from the perspective of the OFFENSE, so a run listed as LEFT TACKLE is actually at the RIGHT defensive end," you'd realize you made yourself look equally inept by not including the worst-on-the-team statistic of 5.93 ypc off left tackle.
Just re-watched every defensive snap in the Jags game (week 1). The Jags ran at Clark 7 times total for the game. Those runs went like this: -1, 3, 3, 0, 3, 1, 2.

Total rush yards toward the left tackle when Clark was on the field: 11 yards. That total isn't my math; it's brought to you by NFL.com. That's 1.57 yards/carry.

In that game Clark was lined up over the left tackle for 100% of plays he was on the field.

IIRC, Spags started moving him around, to the other end position, and in the middle during the Ravens game. So I'll have to re-watch the Raiders and the Ravens game defensive snaps to see what's what. But I'm betting that it'll be more of the same. When Clark is on the field, RBs don't get many yards in his direction.

P.S. Something else that became apparent was that Chris Jones wasn't the problem with our run defense up the middle most of the time (at least in that game, though he did get washed out of a couple plays by double teams). Some of the biggest gashes up the middle were when KPass (92) was lined up as a DT. KPass jumped into a double that opened a huge hole for 17 yards, and got completely washed out of another play for 14. On another run play when he was playing DT, he could've made the tackle, but he didn't see the RB until he was passing his right shoulder, and then it was too late.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:56 PM 11-01-2019
Will we be giving the Haglunds Award to Clark or Thornhill first?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:17 PM 11-01-2019
Clark has done a great job of sealing his edge and forcing runs back inside. No doubt about it that he’s really good at technique in run defense and has good core strength to hold up against good LTs. He’s actually better at it than I thought he would be.

My problem with Frank so far is he hasn’t shown the elite ability to punch, counter move, transition from speed to power or other pass rush moves a guy with his price tag should display consistently. If we’re being honest with ourselves, he’s consistently been pushed around as a pass rusher and been neutralized by single blocks every week.

I was far from a fan of the trade, but I understood (I was sold the reasoning) we were getting an elite run defender that could consistently create a pass rush, especially against elite LTs. We haven’t seen that yet and now we have additional injury concerns on top of that.

Lots of time to change my mind, but the early returns aren’t terribly different than I anticipated pre-trade.

I just hope when he returns that the dial is turned up a few notches.

If Mahomes, Clark, Jones and Fisher return with a fire in their bellies, this team can win a championship this year...but we need that from all 4. 3/4 wont be enough.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:18 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Will we be giving the Haglunds Award to Clark or Thornhill first?
What are you talking about Thornhill for?

Kids been a day 1 STUD.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:58 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Clark has done a great job of sealing his edge and forcing runs back inside. No doubt about it that he’s really good at technique in run defense and has good core strength to hold up against good LTs. He’s actually better at it than I thought he would be.

My problem with Frank so far is he hasn’t shown the elite ability to punch, counter move, transition from speed to power or other pass rush moves a guy with his price tag should display consistently. If we’re being honest with ourselves, he’s consistently been pushed around as a pass rusher and been neutralized by single blocks every week.

I was far from a fan of the trade, but I understood (I was sold the reasoning) we were getting an elite run defender that could consistently create a pass rush, especially against elite LTs. We haven’t seen that yet and now we have additional injury concerns on top of that.

Lots of time to change my mind, but the early returns aren’t terribly different than I anticipated pre-trade.

If Mahomes, Clark, Jones and Fisher return with a fire in their bellies, this team can win a championship this year...but we need that from all 4. 3/4 wont be enough.
Agree with all this. Can only remember a couple occasions when he didn't seal the edge. Teams are not running at him. But until Denver he wasn't showing the explosiveness on pass rush that we expected. We need consistent pressure from him and Jones, which the blitz packages Spags is mixing in can help with.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Clark is pretty good against tbr run, but I don't give a shit about that. I want my 4-3 DE to get to the QB. It's very easy to take a player out of a run play and negate his effect. It's not so easy to do that to a pass rusher.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:12 AM 11-02-2019
Clark's numbers for the Raiders game:

3 rushes to his side when he was one the field for a total of 7 yards, excluding the scramble by Carr where he fumbled it as he tried to jump over everyone for the first. That's 2.33 yards/carry. After that play, the Raiders never ran at Clark again while he was on the field.

16 of the Raiders 19 rushing plays went away from Clark. The Raiders got 122 yards rushing up the middle, mostly in the A gap away from Clark and off tackle away from Clark.

Tackle for loss (-2 yards) on the second play of the fifth drive.

He was doubled-teamed 7 times.

He was in coverage 3 times. Four if you count the fake rush then attempt to bat the pass.

Chipped 5 times. Including the chip after he'd already been doubled but somehow managed to shed one of his blockers. Looks like the tackle or guard slipped.

Clark was on the field for 55 out of 64 Raiders offensive plays.

100% of Clark's snaps were on the right side of the DL, or over the left tackle.

He had a tackle for loss on a run play that was actually away from him (up the offside A-gap). Was actually a pretty play; he juked his blocker out of his shoes, slipped by and made the tackle. Think that was the 7th play of the first Raiders drive.

Side notes: Again, Spags brought Kpass into the middle of the DL a few times. Again, KPass got completely washed out a couple times by doubles. On another he ran himself into a double, and on another he tripped or something and went down.

Xavier Williams had an up and down day. On one play he didn't get any penetration, but he did end up making the tackle, but somehow he got behind Jacobs with his arms around his waist, and allowed himself to be dragged by Jacobs nearly 4 yards. Xavier is 310 lbs, and Jacobs is 220. Sometimes he fought off doubles fairly well, others he just got blown out.

I don't like saying negative things about a player, and it's not like Xavier had a terrible game, but he looked pretty soft on some of those running plays. Pillsbury Doughboy kind of soft. Like I said, it wasn't every play, not even most plays, but on several plays it didn't look very good.

Chris Jones didn't look bad at all. He had a couple plays where I couldn't figure out what he was doing in relation to everyone else on the DL, but overall I think he played pretty well. Some of those big runs where he was on the field happened when either Xavier or KPass or another guy was on the field with him. And they got washed out by a double or turned.

I could find only two plays where Chris really blew his responsibility. One was obviously just not recognizing that the RB had the ball. The other I'm not sure exactly what happened. He hustled his butt off the whole game though.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just re-watched every defensive snap in the Jags game (week 1). The Jags ran at Clark 7 times total for the game. Those runs went like this: -1, 3, 3, 0, 3, 1, 2.

Total rush yards toward the left tackle when Clark was on the field: 11 yards. That total isn't my math; it's brought to you by NFL.com. That's 1.57 yards/carry.

In that game Clark was lined up over the left tackle for 100% of plays he was on the field.

IIRC, Spags started moving him around, to the other end position, and in the middle during the Ravens game. So I'll have to re-watch the Raiders and the Ravens game defensive snaps to see what's what. But I'm betting that it'll be more of the same. When Clark is on the field, RBs don't get many yards in his direction.

P.S. Something else that became apparent was that Chris Jones wasn't the problem with our run defense up the middle most of the time (at least in that game, though he did get washed out of a couple plays by double teams). Some of the biggest gashes up the middle were when KPass (92) was lined up as a DT. KPass jumped into a double that opened a huge hole for 17 yards, and got completely washed out of another play for 14. On another run play when he was playing DT, he could've made the tackle, but he didn't see the RB until he was passing his right shoulder, and then it was too late.
That's fine. Just pointing out that our board mascot posted stats incorrectly. The end stats are more a function of outside linebacker and corner play against the run than the defensive end, but he also has the effect there. I posted that quote directly from their website.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:25 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Now Frank Clark sucks against the run :-)
No, you just don't comprehend what you read.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:28 AM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That's fine. Just pointing out that our board mascot posted stats incorrectly. The end stats are more a function of outside linebacker and corner play against the run than the defensive end, but he also has the effect there. I posted that quote directly from their website.
Just let it go. Clark is good. Really good. He's already done things we haven't seen a Chiefs DE do in years. He's loads better than Ford.

The trade is the trade. It was a bad trade, and we can't fix that now. That should have nothing to do with his evaluation as a player. I think people confuse evaluation of our roster construction with evaluation of our roster. They're different things.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 435
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up