ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 54
« First < 3434950515253 54 >
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:44 PM 06-29-2022
Wellll I guess the USA liked Vader v. Obi-Wan better than the surprise appearance of Luke kicking ass. Or maybe Disney+ has more viewers now?

#ObiWanKenobi's finale viewership was reportedly the highest yet for a #StarWars Disney+ series, drawing 1.8 million U.S. views in its 5-day debut! For comparison:

#TheBookOfBobaFett: 1.5M
#TheMandalorian Season 2: 1.1M
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 06-29-2022
GIVE ME THE DISNEY GALLERY EPISODE!!!!!!!

[Reply]
Bowser 01:54 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-) :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:02 PM 06-29-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Sand Sister line got a chuckle out of me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 06-30-2022

just realized this looks like Anakin hugging Leia and I have never been the same since pic.twitter.com/0ErXcpQ003

— Ly �� (@spoiler4you) June 30, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 06:38 PM 06-30-2022
Obi-Wan Kenobi is the first Star Wars series on Disney plus to not hit #1 most popular TV show
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:57 PM 06-30-2022

[Reply]
Fish 02:11 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was, for the record, one of the dumbest parts in the history of the franchise.

Any of y'all ever pick up a rock? Like, maybe one even the size of a basketball? Fuckers are heavy. Now pick up one the size of a small table. Many of those are gonna be a couple hundred pounds.

So let's be polite here and say it was a 100 lb rock moving at about 40 mph. And I think I'm being generous there as it was likely heavier and faster.

That's gonna be right at 150 kN of force at impact (since evidently doesn't actually get knocked backwards at all to absorb the energy so it's all imparted directly into his body).

Or, y'know, about 32 THOUSAND pounds. Vader gets hit with ONE of those rocks at that speed and it's about 16 tons of force. That rock over Obi's left shoulder probably weighs 500+ pounds so adjust your math accordingly.

"RAAAAWR!!!!"

{gets hit with 50 more of them - gets grumpy rather than literally pulverized}

This show was dumb - unquestionably dumber than it had to be.
Visual example of your point....

Spoilered for autoplay

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 10:35 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
The rocks being thrown was the best part of the episode by far for me. Finally Obi-Wan being a badass on a level we've never seen. And it works because I was assuming Vader was using the force to mitigate this damage significantly. He can stop Jedi light sabers with his mind, and pull down a space ship that is trying to take off from the ground, so he can probably use those same skills to deflect a lot of damage. Cause yeah, obviously if he just "takes" it he'd be completely pulverized.
^
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:24 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Obi-Wan Kenobi is the first Star Wars series on Disney plus to not hit #1 most popular TV show
I finally finished watching the final three episodes. If the first three had been as good as the last three, this would have been their most popular show.

Instead, they likely pushed a ton of people to stop watching, as I did, with the poor quality first three episodes.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:27 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This was, for the record, one of the dumbest parts in the history of the franchise.

Any of y'all ever pick up a rock? Like, maybe one even the size of a basketball? Fuckers are heavy. Now pick up one the size of a small table. Many of those are gonna be a couple hundred pounds.

So let's be polite here and say it was a 100 lb rock moving at about 40 mph. And I think I'm being generous there as it was likely heavier and faster.

That's gonna be right at 150 kN of force at impact (since evidently doesn't actually get knocked backwards at all to absorb the energy so it's all imparted directly into his body).

Or, y'know, about 32 THOUSAND pounds. Vader gets hit with ONE of those rocks at that speed and it's about 16 tons of force. That rock over Obi's left shoulder probably weighs 500+ pounds so adjust your math accordingly.

"RAAAAWR!!!!"

{gets hit with 50 more of them - gets grumpy rather than literally pulverized}

This show was dumb - unquestionably dumber than it had to be.
This guy. Watches show where people use the force to throw rocks around and we watched Vader use the force to stop a light saber. Yet this guy can't imagine a FORCE based shield. Especially after seeing Obi Wan use the force as a shield to stop Vader's avalanche of rocks.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 PM 07-02-2022
wow uncanny

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:37 AM 07-03-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That's high ass praise. I should probably rewatch all the cannon before I make any conclusions. Because at this point I was surprised how moving this scene was.

This was some awesome stuff
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 AM 07-04-2022
nice

that’s not cgi, Ewan McGregor can just do that �� pic.twitter.com/pJLmwbS4r0

— Ly �� (@spoiler4you) July 4, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:22 PM 07-21-2022

This is the funniest TikTok I’ve seen in months pic.twitter.com/9hm6XtEdpV

— Kaisle (@politigaymer) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Page 53 of 54