ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Attn: Lewdog
FlaChief58 11:57 AM 07-30-2021
The Mrs and I are planning an rv trip through the southwest in May of next year for our 25th anniversary. Do you or any other CP members in the Phoenix area have any can't miss sights to see while we're passing through? Thanks in advance
[Reply]
vailpass 05:30 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Moggolon Rim is a real sleeper. It looks mammoth from the sky.
Payson, Show Low, Pinetop, are the goods. And obviously Sedona.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:35 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Lewdog is a sight to see, don't miss him!
Hes a magnetic force of a man for sure
[Reply]
eDave 05:43 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Payson, Show Low, Pinetop, are the goods. And obviously Sedona.
I think I'm going to take a day trip up there tomorrow. I got the summertime blues.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:48 PM 07-30-2021
Moggolon Rim is a real sleeper. It looks mammoth from the sky.
Isn't that a place for Bigfoot sightings??

Yep,

[Reply]
vailpass 05:49 PM 07-30-2021
I think I'm going to take a day trip up there tomorrow. I got the summertime blues.
Do it man. Like Morrison said…

There's only four ways to get unraveled
One is to sleep and the other is travel
[Reply]
scho63 06:37 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
The Mrs and I are planning an rv trip through the southwest in May of next year for our 25th anniversary. Do you or any other CP members in the Phoenix area have any can't miss sights to see while we're passing through? Thanks in advance
How old are you both?
Health?
Arts and crafts people?
Golf or hiking?
Spa and pampered?
Budget?
Food likes?
How long in area?
Toleration to heat?

You question is so open ended :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:48 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
How old are you both?
Health?
Arts and crafts people?
Golf or hiking?
Spa and pampered?
Budget?
Food likes?
How long in area?
Toleration to heat?

You question is so open ended :-)
Both in our 50's
Fairly good health except my bad back and knees
Not opposed to checking out the arts
I play golf. I do live in Florida. Light to moderate hiking is fine.
The Mrs is into that
Decent, but I'm not trying to break the bank either
Yes
Total vacation is 2 weeks, we'll be in Arizona for 4 days, Phoenix area for a day
I live in Florida. The dry Arizona heat should be a pleasant change from our usual swamp ass
[Reply]
eDave 06:50 PM 07-30-2021
May weather is wonderful.

For your day in the city, there is so much. Probably should check out Scottsdale. I like Tempe Mill Ave some. Rustler's Roost near me has awesome valley views and great meat. They even have a real cow out front when you walk in. It's a great spot. Downtown is probably not your thing here but's it's there with a baseball stadium and an NBA arena with a lot of entertainment around it. Every food is available. Even our Taco Bells are better because it's prepared by real Mexicans.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:05 PM 07-30-2021
May weather is wonderful.

For your day in the city, there is so much. Probably should check out Scottsdale. I like Tempe Mill Ave some. Rustler's Roost near me has awesome valley views and great meat. They even have a real cow out front when you walk in. It's a great spot. Downtown is probably not your thing here but's it's there with a baseball stadium and an NBA arena with a lot of entertainment around it.
We may check it out, like I said, we'll only be there for the day.With all of the things we absolutely want to see, unfortunately we can't see everything.

This trip for the most part is recreating the family vacations that my wife took with her family and I with mine back in the 70's
[Reply]
vailpass 07:09 PM 07-30-2021
Scottsdale didn't make the cut of cities we plan on stopping in. With all of the things we absolutely want to see, unfortunately we can't see everything.

This trip for the most part is recreating the family vacations that my wife took with her family and I with mine back in the 70's
Maybe you can find something here:

https://www.visitarizona.com/like-a-...road-route-66/
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:18 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Maybe you can find something here:

https://www.visitarizona.com/like-a-...road-route-66/
Thanks. We have the route 66 guide book and have most of the trip planned out. I was just trying to get an idea what the locals think is worthwhile.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:22 PM 07-30-2021
If you like good beer, there's OHSO, Fate, Ground Control, Wren House, Kings, and the list goes on.

If you want a good burger, there are about 10 places better than In N Out, including Smashburger and The Habit.

If you'll be in the Payson area, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park is a great hike in a cave/under a waterfall.

IMO, Sedona is for the extroverted money-spending tourist while Jerome is Sedona's introverted loner brother. In Sedona, you can pay for all kinds of tours and all kinds of touristy junk, go to a wine tasting or three, etc. In Jerome, you can eat lunch and try to throw a quarter 30 yards into a toilet of an abandoned jail. I naturally prefer Jerome.

That entire drive from Jerome to Flagstaff is beautiful (and if you aren't in a hurry, the long ways to places are great drives, such as Phoenix to Payson and then up towards Flagstaff). If you do hit up Jerome, Haunted Hamburger and their bacon caramel bourbon milkshake is a must.

Lava River Cave near-ish Flagstaff is really cool hike... buy a couple of head lamps.

The Petrified Forest is neat.

There's a massive hole in the northern part of the state that seems to attract a lot of people, plus slot canyons in Page that are supposedly pretty awesome (if they're open).

If you'll be in Tucson, the Mount Lemmon observatory and Kartchner Caverns are really cool... you'll get some humidity in the former and then need a coat at the peak of Mt Lemmon.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:25 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If you like good beer, there's OHSO, Fate, Ground Control, Wren House, Kings, and the list goes on.

If you want a good burger, there are about 10 places better than In N Out, including Smashburger and The Habit.

If you'll be in the Payson area, Tonto Natural Bridge State Park is a great hike in a cave/under a waterfall.

IMO, Sedona is for the extroverted money-spending tourist while Jerome is Sedona's introverted loner brother. In Sedona, you can pay for all kinds of tours and all kinds of touristy junk, go to a wine tasting or three, etc. In Jerome, you can eat lunch and try to throw a quarter 30 yards into a toilet of an abandoned jail. I naturally prefer Jerome.

That entire drive from Jerome to Flagstaff is beautiful (and if you aren't in a hurry, the long ways to places are great drives, such as Phoenix to Payson and then up towards Flagstaff). If you do hit up Jerome, Haunted Hamburger and their bacon caramel bourbon milkshake is a must.

Lava River Cave near-ish Flagstaff is really cool hike... buy a couple of head lamps.

The Petrified Forest is neat.

There's a massive hole in the northern part of the state that seems to attract a lot of people, plus slot canyons in Page that are supposedly pretty awesome (if they're open).

If you'll be in Tucson, the Mount Lemmon observatory and Kartchner Caverns are really cool... you'll get some humidity in the former and then need a coat at the peak of Mt Lemmon.
You had me at smash burger
[Reply]
eDave 07:26 PM 07-30-2021
You had me at smash burger
If you've had Smashburger and not The Habit, go for The Habit.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 07:33 PM 07-30-2021
If you've had Smashburger and not The Habit, go for The Habit.
I've had neither
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up