ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs
The Franchise 08:45 AM 03-20-2021

Former #Chargers veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the #Chiefs this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:08 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Well... I'm not thrilled. There was a time when I would have been but he looked like shit last year before the injury.

I'd rather have Vernon at this point. I guess though, these are the only 2 guys left really. One can hope Ingram returns to form.
Didn’t Vernon tear his achilles late in the year?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:09 PM 03-20-2021
A solid 74 rating on PFF
[Reply]
kcgreene 12:10 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Yep. Week 17 I believe.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:16 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Ah yes, fuck I forgot that even happened. Well hey, lets sign all the broke dicks wtf.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:18 PM 03-20-2021
Ah yes, fuck I forgot that even happened. Well hey, lets sign all the broke dicks wtf.
I think Dunlap is still available
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:28 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
nobody's saying it does.

Post 30 year old, 247 pound guys coming off a knee injury probably shouldn't be asked to play strong-side defensive end every snap.

As a rotational player on a reasonable deal, he's a great pick-up.

4 and a half stars, would sign again.
We'll see how Spags uses him but I simply disagree with you just like I did over the running back sitiation last offseason and we all know how that turned out :-)
[Reply]
TEX 12:38 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
A freak injury one year shouldn't define a players current abilities imo. Houston was written off the same way by Chiefs fans and yet he's had two injury free years and 19 sacks since he left.

Naw, that's where your wrong. A player isn't on the decline, until the decline starts. Many times, it's because of an injury, especially when said player is over 30, like Ingram...Houston was written off because he was given the big contract and was anything but a leader afterwards, even when healthy. Funny that you mentioned Houston, as I'd rather have him over Ingram. I'd prefer Clowney over both, if the price was right.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:44 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw, that's where your wrong. A player isn't on the decline, until the decline starts. Many times, it's because of an injury, especially when said player is over 30, like Ingram...Houston was written off because he was given the big contract and was anything but a leader afterwards, even when healthy.
Er Houston had injury problems the last two years he was here..then he left and done great with no injury problems. So your theory simply didn't add up when it came to Houston and I see no reason why Ingram cannot do the same thing.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:45 PM 03-20-2021
We'll see how Spags uses him but I simply disagree with you just like I did over the running back sitiation last offseason and we all know how that turned out :-)
It turned out to be a terrible use of draft resources by Veach. Let's do it again!
[Reply]
Bowser 12:46 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.
We're not giving him Frank Clark money, and his snaps will be limited. Fantastic complimentary piece on pass rush downs.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:48 PM 03-20-2021
It turned out to be a terrible use of draft resources by Veach. Let's do it again!
That’s awfully premature.
[Reply]
TEX 12:50 PM 03-20-2021
Er Houston had injury problems the last two years he was here..then he left and done great with no injury problems. So your theory simply didn't add up when it came to Houston and I see no reason why Ingram cannot do the same thing.
It does add up. Houston was milking KC and wasn't playing hard. He had "something to prove" in Indy. Even then, his stats have declined from his first year in Indy to his second year, right? He is also NOWHERE NEAR the player he was before the injury. Right? He is over 30, right? Ingram might play OK after his injury, but I bet it's also the beginning of his decline. Anyway, if KC signs him, one of us will get to say,"I told you so." I hope it's you.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:51 PM 03-20-2021
Melvin Ingram and Aldon Smith would add talent and depth to our DE position without costing a ton.
[Reply]
TEX 12:51 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We're not giving him Frank Clark money, and his snaps will be limited. Fantastic complimentary piece on pass rush downs.
Might be, in that type of a situation.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:53 PM 03-20-2021
DONT LET MELVIN LEAVE TOWN, CLARRRRRRK!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up