ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Wentz traded to the Colts
staylor26 10:48 AM 02-18-2021

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 18, 2021

The conditional second-rounder in 2022 becomes a first-rounder if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps or 70 percent and the team makes the playoffs. https://t.co/quAYwcz7bd

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) February 18, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wait, what. I'm 99.9% sure he wasn't.
I thought he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder...
[Reply]
wazu 01:00 PM 02-18-2021
Wait, what. I'm 99.9% sure he wasn't.
Never mind, you're right. He was #76.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:00 PM 02-18-2021
Rudolph was a 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:03 PM 02-18-2021
Can't wait for the Bears to trade for Big Ben!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:12 PM 02-18-2021
Meh. I really don't see what was so special about that 2017 run anyway. Sure, the 11-2 record is nice but he barely had 60% completion, just a touch over 3,000 yards, and 33 TDs. If you're feeling generous round up his stats to 4k yards and 40 TDs for the games he missed while injured, but with his injury history I don't see why you would.
Exactly. He can't stay healthy. Oh and he averages almost 10 fumbles per season. TEN.

This is crazy talk.

People have to invent boogeymen for the Chiefs for some reason.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After KC, the AFC is just not very good. This deal is great for Indy bc it gives them a chance. Thhey were dead in the water with Rivers. They were a catastrophe against the Bills bc his arm was done. They were so limited it was nuts.

And to put this into perspective, no first rd QB drafted from 2009-2016 is with their original team anymore. it’s hard to find a good QB.

Getting a high ceiling QB with a strong arm like Wentz is the best play Ballard could have made.

And yes he looked bad this year, but a change of scenery and better support can turn a QB around. Carson Wentz was good when he had a healthy OL, coaching and weapons. It’s not surprising he was bad when he didn’t have those things.

Those things matter. Josh Allen was proof of that this season.
High ceiling?

He's had a back injury. He hasn't really played well since.

This isn't rocket science.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:19 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Colts are turning into the 90s version of us
The Colts better hope that either Wentz turns into the franchise QB he was originally thought to be when drafted #2 overall by the Eagles or that it turns into an Alex Smith-stop gap situation with the Chiefs where Wentz keeps the team competitive for a few years until the Colts are in a position to draft a legit franchise QB.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Wonder what the deal there is. Too much coaching turnover? Not getting enough time to grow?

It can't be that ALL of those QB's are incapable....
Since the Rookie Cap was implemented in 2011, teams are taking more and more chances on QB's in the first round because they're no longer on the hook for $50-$75 million for an unproven commodity.

It's way easier to draft a guy high and move on from him three or four years later because they're no longer in Cap Hell. Where the Eagles and Rams screwed themselves was giving their QB's massive deals that are way outside of their on field performance.

But as we saw just last year, Tampa moved on from Winston and Tennessee moved on from Mariota and both teams improved exponentially by doing so without ruining their respective Salary Caps.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:22 PM 02-18-2021
Also, coming dead last in the worst division in football? That's a goddamned embarrassment that he holds quite a bit of responsibility for.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:25 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Colts better hope that either Wentz turns into the franchise QB he was originally thought to be when drafted #2 overall by the Eagles or that it turns into an Alex Smith-stop gap situation with the Chiefs where Wentz keeps the team competitive for a few years until the Colts are in a position to draft a legit franchise QB.
Yep. After the Manning and Luck debacles, Indy would be happy with a younger Alex Smith-type QB to right the ship and locker room until they find a true Franchise QB.

If Wentz can regain his early form, this will be a steal for the Colts but regardless, the Eagles are no longer in cap hell due to Wentz and can put a plan in place to restock their depleted roster.

IMO, it's a Win-Win for both teams, much like the Rams-Lions trade.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:27 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep. After the Manning and Luck debacles, Indy would be happy with a younger Alex Smith-type QB to right the ship and locker room until they find a true Franchise QB.

If Wentz can regain his early form, this will be a steal for the Colts but regardless, the Eagles are no longer in cap hell due to Wentz and can put a plan in place to restock their depleted roster.

IMO, it's a Win-Win for both teams, much like the Rams-Lions trade.
I concur
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:35 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. He can't stay healthy. Oh and he averages almost 10 fumbles per season. TEN.

This is crazy talk.

People have to invent boogeymen for the Chiefs for some reason.
We all know the Chiefs, or injuries, are the only thing stopping them from getting back to the SB. But I do think it’s going to be a fascinating offseason to find out who can compete, who they could realistically see deep into the playoffs.

Its way too early for final analysis, but I see Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland as prime regression candidates. I think New England could sneak up on people as a challenger if they get the QB right, just as Indy is trying to do here. The Chargers to me by a fair margin are the biggest competition we have in the West right now and could be very good if this coach is the real deal. Miami with a Deshaun Watson is instantly the next best AFC team behind KC.

Just sparking some thought and conversation.
[Reply]
wheeler08 01:35 PM 02-18-2021
I hate the Colts maybe more than anyone here. I live in Indiana. I've been trolling my friends all day that I'm gonna die laughing when the Colts are just average this year, and Wentz gets hurt in week 14 or something, and misses the rest of the year, and then they have to give up a first rounder for that!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:39 PM 02-18-2021
Meh. I really don't see what was so special about that 2017 run anyway. Sure, the 11-2 record is nice but he barely had 60% completion, just a touch over 3,000 yards, and 33 TDs. If you're feeling generous round up his stats to 4k yards and 40 TDs for the games he missed while injured, but with his injury history I don't see why you would.
It was an outstanding season given how young he was. You don't expect him to regress that much. Some of his regression is physical. But just on the eyeball test a ton of it is mental. He's playing tough but he sees ghosts and I feel like he's always had to prove post injury that he was worth passing up a more popular foles.

It's enough to think he has enough upside. And I think a dialed down offense where the Colts ask him to do a hell of a lot less is a great place to start.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
You mean the position they have been in for a few years already with a broken down Rivers and Brissett?

You’re not getting a shot at a franchise QB drafting so late. Not unless a Patrick Mahomes type talent is available and retards pass on him 9X, which the statistical chance of that happening again would likely be maybe 2%.

This was their best play and it didn’t cost very much
[Reply]
Page 8 of 15
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up