ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Probably why I like it. I don't need comic book movies to be thought provoking. Give me some good fight scenes.
I don't need them to be though provoking either. I liked Iron Man 3.

The plot has to be interesting somewhat.

There's nothing interesting here. I don't give a fuck about Sam's shrimpin' boat.

It's like asking me to care about Aunt May being evicted unless she sells Peter's comic book collection.

The Captain America doppleganger storyline is slightly interesting and they managed to make it not completely racist, which is where I thought they were going with it, but there's nothing interesting for them to team up to fight.

I do enjoy the jokes. The Hobbit joke was funny.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:16 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't need them to be though provoking either. I liked Iron Man 3.
I definitely had thoughts that were provoked by Iron Man 3.

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The plot has to be interesting somewhat.

There's nothing interesting here. I don't give a **** about Sam's shrimpin' boat.

It's like asking me to care about Aunt May being evicted unless she sells Peter's comic book collection.

The Captain America doppleganger storyline is slightly interesting and they managed to make it not completely racist, which is where I thought they were going with it, but there's nothing interesting for them to team up to fight.

I do enjoy the jokes. The Hobbit joke was funny.
The shrimp boat thing was a little odd but I do like them at least attempting to fill in the gaps of the missing 5 years for the people that were dusted.

Baron Zemo was a good addition but I think adding Wakanda to the story now seems like it's getting a little too bloated but I'll see where it goes. I assume Sharon Carter was a one-off but she's another one they threw in there.
[Reply]
-King- 10:09 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I definitely had thoughts that were provoked by Iron Man 3.

The shrimp boat thing was a little odd but I do like them at least attempting to fill in the gaps of the missing 5 years for the people that were dusted.

Baron Zemo was a good addition but I think adding Wakanda to the story now seems like it's getting a little too bloated but I'll see where it goes. I assume Sharon Carter was a one-off but she's another one they threw in there.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:36 AM 04-08-2021
I’m enjoying it. I realize it’s not as innovative or unique as WV was, but it’s still solidly made.
I liked how they expanded on Zemo. Feels like they lightened him up and let Bruhl have some fun with him. I thought Zemo in CA Civil War was kinda boring.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 11:10 AM 04-08-2021
Zemo and Carter are the only two interesting characters so far. They had a huge swing and miss with the shrimp boat part and the new captain America is another big miss. There was an opportunity with the old guy who nobody knew about. Maybe he will come back with Carter and Zemo to try and save it.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:42 PM 04-09-2021
Picked up this episode. I think if they just cut 10 minutes from every episode it would be much better. And as far as Falcon being broke, that was all just a setup for this episode. A bit ham fisted and unnecessary, but at least there was a reason. Better than BvS.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:16 PM 04-09-2021
Good discussion in here.

I really enjoy the sarcastic banter. That stuff is pretty right. Which there was precisely 0 seconds of in the last episode.

I wasn’t having too much trouble with the continuity/broke hero/just why shit.., until I read this thread :-)

I don’t dig the boat/sister storyline either.

I was pretty down with the heavy ass guilt/mental health/struggle stuff they were dealing out in the first episode. It wasn’t what I wanted, but it was pretty good.

I think the thing is we are like 2.5 hours in and it has just been a hodgepodge of story lines they hit hard and then forget about for awhile. Which I think ultimately boils down to the pacing being bad.

Stuff I think is pretty decent that have just abandoned.

-the government sabotaging Sam.
-Sams missions - if they weren’t going to include anymore of it why did they spend a whole episode on them?
-Bucky dealing with the guilt.
-Bucky trying to fit in with real people. The dating thing was really good.
-I’m not really into it but if you’re going to focus on FauxCap, I need more than 45 seconds in a week.

I think it’s just a matter of bad pacing. There is a big difference between what prime GOT did vs this. It’s just kind of disjointed because they’re trying to cram too much shit in because they think ZOMG WR HAVE 7 HOURZ.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:48 PM 04-09-2021
They should've made this series in a Keifer Sutherland "24" time sensitive narrative. It would've given the secret agent in desperation and paranoia vibe more credence.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:58 PM 04-09-2021

#FalconAndWinterSoldier Episode 5 will reportedly feature a surprise #Marvel character portrayed by a "well-known performer!" Details: https://t.co/roQZvUhzjs pic.twitter.com/b4uFkX7Bdb

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) April 9, 2021

[Reply]
Bowser 08:10 PM 04-09-2021
That was better.

I'm guessing the surprise character will be William Hurt as General Ross after what happened with Cap.
[Reply]
cabletech94 10:53 PM 04-09-2021
John walker is a crazy son of a bitch!! (Or at least he’s about to be)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:11 PM 04-09-2021
Ok now THAT was a great episode. Easily the best so far. Hopefully it finishes strong because it was starting to feel like a miss.
[Reply]
Fish 11:18 PM 04-09-2021
Yeah, that was a pretty decent episode. Much better. Walker is now a super douche...

And don't fuck with those Wakanda ladies....
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 PM 04-09-2021
That was a good bit better.

The last scene
Spoiler!
is just damned fine filmmaking.

The Nazis joke was funny. More jokes!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:57 AM 04-11-2021
So there are two left....man they better REALLY pick up. I'll give them a little credit. They did get the ball rolling a bit this week. The last scene was good. Are we to assume that Steve Rogers has died? It sure seems that way. I mean...he was just "old" at the end of Endgame...not dead. You'd think he'd have some input on some of this stuff.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up