Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Spoiler!
At this point in time, there are no plans for a Season 2 of TFATWS but the same team of producers and writers of the series have been greenlit to produce Captain America 4, with Sam Wilson as Captain America.

I've heard that Marvel is developing another Captain America film but with Chris Evans as Steve Rogers but it's really too early to make a definitive announcement and considering that Sam and Steve both had the title of Captain America at various times in the comic, it's probably more likely than not that it will happen.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:41 AM 04-24-2021
I don't think there's a reason for another season of TFATWS. It just felt too much like a "TV Series" and not "Cinematic".

That said, I wouldn't mind a series featuring The Power Broker, The Contessa and US Agent, which by description, "feels" far more like a TV series than a feature film.

Expectations would be much lower, so there's an opportunity there to maybe do some things to further the characters in the MCU without pretending that somehow, the series is just as important as the feature films to the overall story arc.

It would also be an easy way to introduce Danny Ramirez as The Falcon 2 and maybe some other lesser known Marvel characters.
[Reply]
Fish 12:11 PM 04-24-2021
Man, what a disappointing turd that was. Giant meh. Top to bottom. Can't believe they spent that much money making this series.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, what a disappointing turd that was. Giant meh. Top to bottom. Can't believe they spent that much money making this series.
This show changed absolutely nothing in the MCU.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's amazing that Disney wasted $150 million dollars on this series, which was really nothing more than a 6 episode TV story arc that could have been told for a fraction of the cost.

The most revealing aspect of this show's failure was Disney's lack of gloating and marketing. With WandaVision, which blew the roof off the internet and streaming minutes while also topping the streaming charts with songs from the series, Disney was constantly posting on Twitter about the numbers and the fact that it was #1 worldwide in streaming minutes. There were articles in the trades every week, if not every day, and every single movie and TV website had tons of content about the series and what might happen next.

With TFATWS, that all disappeared.

I'm not unequivocally stating that I won't see Captain America 4 in a movie theater but in all honesty, the series gave me no reason to do so, especially considering it's the same exact creative team.

Agent Carter was more fun and more creative than this series.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 PM 04-24-2021
:-)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:00 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This show changed absolutely nothing in the MCU.
Well, it only took a matter of weeks and a few therapy sessions for Bucky Barnes to come to grips with the fact that he assassinated heads of state, including JFK, along with visionaries like Howard Stark, and return to society as if nothing happened.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:02 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, it only took a matter of weeks and a few therapy sessions for Bucky Barnes to come to grips with the fact that he assassinated heads of state, including JFK, along with visionaries like Howard Stark, and return to society as if nothing happened.
lol was the JFK assassination part of his backstory? I must have missed that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:08 PM 04-24-2021
HOLY SHIT

[Reply]
cabletech94 01:41 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

Damnit!!!

Spit my drink out!!!

Jerk!!

(+1)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:42 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I'm not unequivocally stating that I won't see Captain America 4 in a movie theater but in all honesty, the series gave me no reason to do so, especially considering it's the same exact creative team.
Are they kidding? I'll definitely be waiting to see reactions before I get too excited about Cap4.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Are they kidding? I'll definitely be waiting to see reactions before I get too excited about Cap4.
I posted an article yesterday in the MCU Discussion thread with a link to the Hollywood Reporter article that details Marvel's plan for Captain America 4.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:27 PM 04-24-2021
Sam's speech at the end to the politicians was like the least organic/natural thing I've ever seen. It's not Anthony Mackie's fault, though, who is a fine actor. It was supposed to be a powerful moment, but it was just a very blunt piece of writing that felt completely out of place in that scenario.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:36 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Sam's speech at the end to the politicians was like the least organic/natural thing I've ever seen. It's not Anthony Mackie's fault, though, who is a fine actor. It was supposed to be a powerful moment, but it was just a very blunt piece of writing that felt completely out of place in that scenario.
I don't know if the script got a hack job thanks to corona and they cobbled something together or what but there just seems to be a lot of stuff that is just left unstated or people seem to have no motivation.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:56 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yea. I absolutely hated that. Not the message, just the stilted and preaching way it was presented. Awful.

Mackie and Stan deserved better writing. Because those two are great. As was Bruhl and Wyatt Russell.

Ending up Hating that pouty Karli
girl though.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up