ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
lewdog 02:19 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Where is it at currently? Maybe a fellow CP'er could do you a solid and drive it to you. Plus it would get a thorough shakedown!
It's up in Montana. And no way in fuck would I let any of you dirty dogs drive it!

Originally Posted by eDave:
I'd do it. Would love to make that drive.

It's 1200 more mile on the O though.
I did the reverse drive from Phoenix to Montana with an 05 Mustang with a previous girlfriend when her dad gave us that car. And from Montana to Phoenix when we moved here. It's a fun drive but the roads aren't always great and I think he's worried about getting some big rock chips, or just doesn't want to add to the O.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:20 PM 02-22-2015
Congrats with the car... and apparently the woman.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:27 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Congrats with the car... and apparently the woman.
The wife tore me a new asshole on Friday night. Using such verbage as "what the fuck is the point of us both working full-time if we just sit on our money?" And, "everyone I've talked to about this car says you are being a fucking pussy." Also, "Man the fuck up and let's do something fun."

There were more but I'll leave it at that.
[Reply]
eDave 02:29 PM 02-22-2015
A new ride is always exciting.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:32 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The wife tore me a new asshole on Friday night. Using such verbage as "what the fuck is the point of us both working full-time if we just sit on our money?" And, "everyone I've talked to about this car says you are being a fucking pussy." Also, "Man the fuck up and let's do something fun."

Solid points.

Do me a favor and let me know if she ever becomes single.
[Reply]
eDave 03:11 PM 02-22-2015
Solid points.

I'm starting to thinks it's a big troll job. Ain't nobody got a wife like dat.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:51 PM 02-22-2015

You guys should just go get the fucking thing.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:53 PM 02-22-2015
Mine is always on me when one of the hot rods is down and not because I'm spending money on them...because she can't drive it
She's awesome imo
[Reply]
stumppy 04:10 PM 02-22-2015

I really hate to break this to you but you are only going to get to drive that car when it needs washed.
[Reply]
eDave 04:51 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I really hate to break this to you but you are only going to get to drive that car when it needs washed.
But she didn't say where.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:55 PM 02-22-2015
Solid points.

Back off dude, she's mine!

She's pretty good. Low maintenance, low-key, fairly useful around the house, good with money. Sure beats the hell out of the woman I was with before her!

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
You guys should just go get the fucking thing.
Did I mention we were married......

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Mine is always on me when one of the hot rods is down and not because I'm spending money on them...because she can't drive it
She's awesome imo
Hawt....that's hawt.

Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

She insists this will be my car to drive to work. She might be trolling me....
[Reply]
lewdog 06:20 AM 02-23-2015
Well I've got another thing to ponder. More than a few people keep telling me not to drive this car as a daily driver. Can't say I wouldn't agree if money wasn't a concern. The upkeep and insurance of 3 cars doesn't sound super appealing. And we only have a 2 car garage, not that the Celica couldn't sit outside I suppose. But my Uncle, who's been an engineer for multiple car companies in Detroit for over 40 years said the same thing and called it a shame if this car is used for a daily driver. I say it's a car and should be driven but that doesn't seem to be the consensus.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:48 AM 02-23-2015
Well I've got another thing to ponder. More than a few people keep telling me not to drive this car as a daily driver. Can't say I wouldn't agree if money wasn't a concern. The upkeep and insurance of 3 cars doesn't sound super appealing. And we only have a 2 car garage, not that the Celica couldn't sit outside I suppose. But my Uncle, who's been an engineer for multiple car companies in Detroit for over 40 years said the same thing and called it a shame if this car is used for a daily driver. I say it's a car and should be driven but that doesn't seem to be the consensus.
It's a car. Cars are meant to be driven. If it was meant to be looked at, it would be called "a chick at the gym".
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:36 AM 02-23-2015
I would drive it everyday and keep the Celica outside and just drive it to work once a week so that it gets moved and stretches it legs..the only reason I wouldn't drive the Mustang everyday is if it would turn into a collectable car in the next 20 years or so..but it won't do that so I say drive the damn thing and have fun
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:10 AM 02-23-2015
Screw that, drive it. It's not like you have to worry about hail or taking it out in the snow and ice.

I'd say exceptions might be...
- if you go on frequent road trips during weekends or whatever and have a chance to enjoy it then... but, if you're not driving it daily and you're not driving it regularly on the weekends, WTF buy it?
- if you have like a 50 mile commute... it would kind of be a shame to put that many miles on it so quickly. In that case I might consider only commuting a couple times a week.

And to answer your question in the other thread, hell yes it's going to be my daily driver. I might buy a beater for bad weather days, but even the hail my car has been subjected to has popped back in hot weather, so I'm not terribly worried about it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up