ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:18 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Yes. Listen to him lew. I don't know shit about it, and he does. Lol
Isn't your car black too? I can't believe you haven't done that already.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:34 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wait, so you're prescribing me things you don't actually do!!!??? :-)
Just trying to help home slice.

Originally Posted by Baconeater:
Isn't your car black too? I can't believe you haven't done that already.
Yeah, I should've. But I'm going too pay to have it done next month. Unless you tell me it's fairly easy. Time I can spend. Technique, I can't fake. Lol
[Reply]
KC native 09:49 AM 02-21-2015
Run a wax bar over it after a premium wax to seal it in. Costly, but dirt will fall off that thing like water on rain-x.
You clay bar first so you can remove contaminants. Next comes polish, then wax, and a paint sealant to close out if you want.
[Reply]
KC native 09:52 AM 02-21-2015
Just trying to help home slice.

Yeah, I should've. But I'm going too pay to have it done next month. Unless you tell me it's fairly easy. Time I can spend. Technique, I can't fake. Lol
Clay bar is super easy. Spray the car with the quick detailer/lube of your choice and then slide the clay bar over that. Wipe dry with a good microfiber towel. When it's smooth, then it's ready for polish/wax.

Work in small sections when doing it as well.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:53 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Clay bar is super easy. Spray the car with the quick detailer/lube of your choice and then slide the clay bar over that. Wipe dry with a good microfiber towel. When it's smooth, then it's ready for polish/wax.

Sweet! Thanks bro. I'll do it myself to assure quality.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:29 AM 02-21-2015
So wife is 100% in on this car. She has always loved it and thought her dad were never get rid of it. We also both drive manuals so I suppose I would allow us to share. Although she did say it would be my daily driver. But this woman who is 100% in on the Stang, is trying to fully convince me, although she told me months ago that my next car after my Celica couldn't be "a small ****ing coupe, you're getting practical this time."

Lewdog still has some things to think about. He is a Jew and has a hard time parting with money. I appreciate all the comments and thoughts though.
Los Olivos, an old school car wash on McDowell downtown, will do a kick ass job handwaxing your ride and conditioning your leather.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 AM 02-21-2015
So wife is 100% in on this car. She has always loved it and thought her dad were never get rid of it. We also both drive manuals so I suppose I would allow us to share. Although she did say it would be my daily driver. But this woman who is 100% in on the Stang, is trying to fully convince me, although she told me months ago that my next car after my Celica couldn't be "a small fucking coupe, you're getting practical this time."

Lewdog still has some things to think about. He is a Jew and has a hard time parting with money. I appreciate all the comments and thoughts though.
You only yolo once.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:49 AM 02-21-2015
In.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:12 PM 02-21-2015
Sorry brah, somehow I missed that one.

I can ask him about that today. I am not really sure what it means so I'll just read him your post.

I think we are both 100% in.
The tuner he has recalibrated the rear gear, no worries.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:14 PM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:

The bars are a going away, the new thing is a "clay" towel that does a much better job and lasts forever.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:29 PM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Los Olivos, an old school car wash on McDowell downtown, will do a kick ass job handwaxing your ride and conditioning your leather.
Sounds lovely. But driving 20 miles for a car wash doesn't. I don't mind doing the work on it but it just seems odd that you can't find touchless car washes around here!

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You only yolo once.
Wife told me today when driving to the Royals workouts this morning, "will be nice to drive the 'Stang up here next year." I love when she talks dirty to me.

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
In.
Glad to have you on board. You seem nice and knowledgeable.

Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
The tuner he has recalibrated the rear gear, no worries.
Good to know.

The bars are a going away, the new thing is a "clay" towel that does a much better job and lasts forever.
Interesting. That sounds easier to use as well?
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 02:35 PM 02-21-2015
Oh cool! That makes it easier too doesn't it?
[Reply]
lewdog 02:02 PM 02-22-2015
Well Lewdog is going about as YOLO as he can get. I am a creature of habit and a tightwad with money, so this is a big step.

Talked to FIL last night and we are 100% giving this a go.

Wife had a heart to heart with me and told me if we didn't do this deal, she'd have to take my man-card. Which is ironic since I think she took control of that long ago???
I suppose it doesn't get much better than your wife telling you to buy a fun car. I hope the passion she's having for this car carries over into the bedroom, but we're married so I am not holding out hope.

My FIL doesn't sound too keen on driving it 1,200 miles to us so we'll probably have it shipped in the summer.

Last few picture for all the ladies in the house. FIL sent me these today probably trying to make sure I don't back out. :-)

Not sure what's up with that steering wheel cover but the wife and I laughed hard about it. That won't be staying.

[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:08 PM 02-22-2015
Where is it at currently? Maybe a fellow CP'er could do you a solid and drive it to you. Plus it would get a thorough shakedown!
[Reply]
eDave 02:11 PM 02-22-2015
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Where is it at currently? Maybe a fellow CP'er could do you a solid and drive it to you. Plus it would get a thorough shakedown!
I'd do it. Would love to make that drive.

It's 1200 more mile on the O though.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up