ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
TLO 11:53 PM 02-20-2015
Also, thanks for ignoring my earlier comment, douche.
[Reply]
Miles 01:02 AM 02-21-2015
Seems like an obvious buy. With this type of modded car it's good to know were it came from and the work was good. Perfect when its from family and you know that from what you describe everything was so well cared for. Even more of a plus is your wife wants it.
[Reply]
Miles 01:16 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Great information and I'll take your word for that stuff. If we get the car I'll message you about some of that. The swirl marks from washing/waxing a black car worry me. I like doing that stuff but want to make sure I do it right.
Trying to keep a black car's paint looking really great is some work but also rewarding since it can look so damn good when actually done right. Quite a lot of it is just washing correctly and absolutely never taking it to a car wash but PHX is actually a pretty good place for keeping it nice. I bought my first black car 15 months ago and fairly anal about keeping it as good as possible for a daily driver. Luckily there is a ton of good info out there and great products to help.

Start a thread here after you buy on how to keep it looking good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:29 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
What's up with all the pictures of your cat and your food? Are you a chick?
:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:34 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
The 4:10 gears will make the odometer read incorrectly if I'm not mistaken? He may have had it calibrated through.

You live in a warm weather climate where there is no threat of snow, so I'd say pull the trigger ASAP. I'd buy it for $13k in a heartbeat, even in this shitty Missouri weather.
Have you bought it yet?
Also, thanks for ignoring my earlier comment, douche.
Sorry brah, somehow I missed that one.

I can ask him about that today. I am not really sure what it means so I'll just read him your post.

I think we are both 100% in.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:39 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Baconeater:
You need to get while the getting's good, because as soon as you have kids it's going to be minivan city for you.

When are you going to have kids, btw?
You motherfucker!!!!

And we both agree on max two kids...if we even have kids at all. After two, lewdog is getting snipped the next day. We've both vowed to never own a minivan.

Originally Posted by Miles:
Trying to keep a black car's paint looking really great is some work but also rewarding since it can look so damn good when actually done right. Quite a lot of it is just washing correctly and absolutely never taking it to a car wash but PHX is actually a pretty good place for keeping it nice. I bought my first black car 15 months ago and fairly anal about keeping it as good as possible for a daily driver. Luckily there is a ton of good info out there and great products to help.

Start a thread here after you buy on how to keep it looking good.
I will surely do that. I usually wash our cars by hand. It's amazing but even down here I can find a touchless car wash anywhere! Shit, I used to go to a touchless car wash in Montana but that's unheard of here?

Once we are in line of getting it, I'll start that thread and you guys can give me all I need to know. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:53 AM 02-21-2015
Yea it really is. Her parents have been extremely good to us. Set up our whole wedding since we were living out-of-state but planned to go back to get married.

More awesome news, the quote for full-coverage insurance is only $100 more total per year than my Celica. I don't understand that? I really expected that to be way higher with the type of car it's classified as and with a V8 engine. Won't complain though!
Haha. Yeah, I was thrilled when I got my rates on my Mustang. Granted, nowhere near as sweet as yours and I paid close to the same price. 3 years newer, no mods, and 30k more miles. What were you thinking about again? Lol
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:57 AM 02-21-2015
You motherfucker!!!!

And we both agree on max two kids...if we even have kids at all. After two, lewdog is getting snipped the next day. We've both vowed to never own a minivan.

I will surely do that. I usually wash our cars by hand. It's amazing but even down here I can find a touchless car wash anywhere! Shit, I used to go to a touchless car wash in Montana but that's unheard of here?

Once we are in line of getting it, I'll start that thread and you guys can give me all I need to know. :-)
Everyone who swears you need to have kids to be fulfilled in life? Fuck that. I'm 38 and have zero regrets. Probably won't change my mind at this point either. Plenty enough people procreate. It's not a prerequisite to happiness. Plus, how often do you have the opportunity to have the Pope call you selfish?
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:58 AM 02-21-2015
Run a wax bar over it after a premium wax to seal it in. Costly, but dirt will fall off that thing like water on rain-x.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 09:01 AM 02-21-2015
Insurance isn't bad if you have good credit and don't get into wrecks all the time. When I was in my mid 20's I had a 400whp car and full coverage was $100 a month. Just don't be stupid and the rates will slowly come down also. Now that I am in my early 30's corvettes are under $100 a month.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:10 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Haha. Yeah, I was thrilled when I got my rates on my Mustang. Granted, nowhere near as sweet as yours and I paid close to the same price. 3 years newer, no mods, and 30k more miles. What were you thinking about again? Lol
Yea I thought being classified as a sports car and with an engine that big it would have jacked it through the roof. But fuck, I'm almost 30 years old so that probably helps. :-)

Not to mention my insurance guy kicks ass. When we moved here he put all our car insurance in like we were married so we'd get a bigger discount even though we weren't married.

Everyone who swears you need to have kids to be fulfilled in life? Fuck that. I'm 38 and have zero regrets. Probably won't change my mind at this point either. Plenty enough people procreate. It's not a prerequisite to happiness. Plus, how often do you have the opportunity to have the Pope call you selfish?
Yea and we are undecided. Had some dumb broads at work talk about how great it was having their kids young so they can be younger when they are teenagers and young adults and do things with them. I wanted to say, well you also gave away your young adulthood when you start making money and can actually afford to do other things. Set your own schedule and have a career already started.

Run a wax bar over it after a premium wax to seal it in. Costly, but dirt will fall off that thing like water on rain-x.
I've never done a wax/clay bar. Save the details for the thread where you can all tell me how to do things like this. :-)

Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Insurance isn't bad if you have good credit and don't get into wrecks all the time. When I was in my mid 20's I had a 400whp car and full coverage was $100 a month. Just don't be stupid and the rates will slowly come down also. Now that I am in my early 30's corvettes are under $100 a month.
We have very good credit and I have a 10 year accident free discount on my Celica. Without that discount the Mustang insurance would be $150 more per 6 months. But he said once I sell the Celica, he will apply that 10 year accident free discount to the Mustang to drop my rates $100 in 6 months.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:11 AM 02-21-2015
You mean a clay bar? You're actually supposed to do that before you wax but yeah, it makes your wax job much more effective and it will last way longer.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:12 AM 02-21-2015
Boom. You're set.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 09:12 AM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by Baconeater:
You mean a clay bar? You're actually supposed to do that before you wax but yeah, it makes your wax job much more effective and it will last way longer.
Yes. Listen to him lew. I don't know shit about it, and he does. Lol
[Reply]
lewdog 09:14 AM 02-21-2015
Yes. Listen to him lew. I don't know shit about it, and he does. Lol
Wait, so you're prescribing me things you don't actually do!!!??? :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up