ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:36 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So wife is 100% in on this car. She has always loved it and thought her dad were never get rid of it. We also both drive manuals so I suppose I would allow us to share. Although she did say it would be my daily driver. But this woman who is 100% in on the Stang, is trying to fully convince me, although she told me months ago that my next car after my Celica couldn't be "a small fucking coupe, you're getting practical this time."

Lewdog still has some things to think about. He is a Jew and has a hard time parting with money. I appreciate all the comments and thoughts though.
go for it. great deal. that being said........see my comments in my new car thread.
[Reply]
KC native 03:54 PM 02-20-2015

Windows would be tinted limousine blackout on back window and as dark as I can on the sides as soon as it arrives. Shit gets hot here!

Thanks. I'd definitely get those. What's wrong with Armorall?

Great to hear! I love the color black but I also know is shows all dirt/scratches like swirl marks. Oh well, can't be perfect.
Armorall is cheap shit. It leaves your shit greasy and is just generally low quality detailing stuff.

It's worth it to buy better detailing stuff. You don't have to use it as often and it maintains better. I love the Chemical guys stuff. My friend has a black challenger and has their black car kit and loves it. Car has no visible swirls or scratches. I use that leather stuff in my car and their Innerclean on my plastic interior parts. My car is 2 years old now and the interior still looks like I drove it off the lot a month ago.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:57 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Tent the windows to maximum allowed. A must do with that car. Then use a sun visor. Hit up a nice car wash once a year for a leather treatment.

The tan will show dirt. I keep some Armour All towelettes in the glove box.
A high end ceramic tint will block 95+% of the UV's and is as clear as you want, no need to go dark. Do the windshield too.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:01 PM 02-20-2015
My windows are still on super dark from living in PHX.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:06 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Some advice from someone that has a heavily modded STI. Unless you have the ability to work on the engine/tranny yourself, or know someone that can do it for cheap (or help you), stay away. The head and tranny are modded, cpu flashed, so if anything goes wrong you will need to open it up or pay someone to do it. Cant bring it to Ford for repairs/issues. It is a very nice ride though :-)
It's a very mildly moded 4.6 3V there is nada to fear here. Parts are cheap and shops that deal only in mustangs are plentiful. Buy it, have fun then sell it for what you paid when you're done.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:07 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
My windows are still on super dark from living in PHX.
I'm in SFL and mine are almost clear. It gets a tad sunny here too.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:08 PM 02-20-2015
I say go for it..that is a great deal on a car that has lots of good upgrades..keep the Celica you have now..drive the Mustang for a few months if you decide it isn't for you flip and make about 3 grand on it to some 20 year old kid wanting a sweet stang
[Reply]
eDave 05:12 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
I'm in SFL and mine are almost clear. It gets a tad sunny here too.
Black tint is bad ass though.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
go for it. great deal. that being said........see my comments in my new car thread.
Which comments specifically in that thread? I've been following it since you made it.

Originally Posted by KC native:
Armorall is cheap shit. It leaves your shit greasy and is just generally low quality detailing stuff.

It's worth it to buy better detailing stuff. You don't have to use it as often and it maintains better. I love the Chemical guys stuff. My friend has a black challenger and has their black car kit and loves it. Car has no visible swirls or scratches. I use that leather stuff in my car and their Innerclean on my plastic interior parts. My car is 2 years old now and the interior still looks like I drove it off the lot a month ago.
Great information and I'll take your word for that stuff. If we get the car I'll message you about some of that. The swirl marks from washing/waxing a black car worry me. I like doing that stuff but want to make sure I do it right.

A high end ceramic tint will block 95+% of the UV's and is as clear as you want, no need to go dark. Do the windshield too.
I did not know that. I personally like the look of blacked out windows, not to mention for safety as well so people can't look at stuff inside your car.

It's a very mildly moded 4.6 3V there is nada to fear here. Parts are cheap and shops that deal only in mustangs are plentiful. Buy it, have fun then sell it for what you paid when you're done.
Good to hear. Repairing is a hangup for me but if I love the car, it will be easier. Not to mention we'll easily have this car paid in full back to her dad within a year. Better than taking out a loan on a car twice the cost. No interest back to him either. LOL.

Originally Posted by mac459:
I say go for it..that is a great deal on a car that has lots of good upgrades..keep the Celica you have now..drive the Mustang for a few months if you decide it isn't for you flip and make about 3 grand on it to some 20 year old kid wanting a sweet stang
Having never imagined a car like this, I'd probably fall in love. Might keep the Celica for a few months like you suggest though, if only for not being able to sell it right away.

Originally Posted by eDave:
Black tint is bad ass though.
Yea wife and I do too. The darker the better.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:37 PM 02-20-2015
I say go for it..you're lucky to have a FIL drop a deal like that in your lap.

have fun!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:58 PM 02-20-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I say go for it..you're lucky to have a FIL drop a deal like that in your lap.

have fun!
Yea it really is. Her parents have been extremely good to us. Set up our whole wedding since we were living out-of-state but planned to go back to get married.

More awesome news, the quote for full-coverage insurance is only $100 more total per year than my Celica. I don't understand that? I really expected that to be way higher with the type of car it's classified as and with a V8 engine. Won't complain though!
[Reply]
stevieray 10:05 PM 02-20-2015
Yea it really is. Her parents have been extremely good to us. Set up our whole wedding since we were living out-of-state but planned to go back to get married.

More awesome news, the quote for full-coverage insurance is only $100 more total per year than my Celica. I don't understand that? I really expected that to be way higher with the type of car it's classified as and with a V8 engine. Won't complain though!
....good for you!

:-)
[Reply]
tmax63 11:03 PM 02-20-2015
happy wife, happy life. If momma likes it, buy it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:35 PM 02-20-2015
So wife is 100% in on this car. She has always loved it and thought her dad were never get rid of it. We also both drive manuals so I suppose I would allow us to share. Although she did say it would be my daily driver. But this woman who is 100% in on the Stang, is trying to fully convince me, although she told me months ago that my next car after my Celica couldn't be "a small fucking coupe, you're getting practical this time."

Lewdog still has some things to think about. He is a Jew and has a hard time parting with money. I appreciate all the comments and thoughts though.
You need to get while the getting's good, because as soon as you have kids it's going to be minivan city for you.

When are you going to have kids, btw?
[Reply]
TLO 11:53 PM 02-20-2015
Have you bought it yet?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up