ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:52 AM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by Baconeater:
What really gets me is the rock trucks that have the signs on the back that says STAY BACK 500 FEET NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE.

Uhhh...no, you should damn well be responsible for any damage from rocks coming off your truck. Secure your ****ing load or stay off the ****ing road.
:-) You guys would seriously hate it around here.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:21 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
:-) You guys would seriously hate it around here.
WAS IT YOUR TRUCK WHO GOT ME?!?!?! :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:23 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The AC condensor was cracked and dented. So it was replaced.

Looks like this but had a huge dent/misaligned and cracked horizontal panels. About the size of a tennis ball mark.

If you are talking about never servicing my AC, I find it odd that running it here for three summers that it never quit. It gets run from March through October here. And even sporadically in the winter.
im saying that there was never any reason to service the AC unless it leaked.

which it did once a rock went through it.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:33 PM 03-06-2015
WAS IT YOUR TRUCK WHO GOT ME?!?!?! :-)
Not unless you drove through my little corner of south east Kansas.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:54 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
im saying that there was never any reason to service the AC unless it leaked.

which it did once a rock went through it.
:-)

Oh got it. But doesn't it seem weird I never ran out of Freon in all those years and three Phoenix summers? Maybe I don't understand how it works.
[Reply]
KC native 04:56 PM 03-06-2015

Oh got it. But doesn't it seem weird I never ran out of Freon in all those years and three Phoenix summers? Maybe I don't understand how it works.
It's a closed system. If there isn't a leak or if something isn't broken, there isn't a need to service it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:09 PM 03-06-2015

You don't "use up" refrigerant, it's just cycled through your system. As long as you don't have any leaks you never run out of it.

Edit: Ah hell, I see that's already been covered.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:12 PM 03-06-2015
You don't "use up" refrigerant, it's just cycled through your system. As long as you don't have any leaks you never run out of it.

Edit: Ah hell, I see that's already been covered.
I will say that with the r134a it seems as though if you evac and recharge and put a good vacuum on it in between, it seems to cool better after It's been in there a couple years.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:13 PM 03-06-2015
But I'm normally a "if its working don't fuck with it" guy when it comes to AC work...
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:33 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I will say that with the r134a it seems as though if you evac and recharge and put a good vacuum on it in between, it seems to cool better after It's been in there a couple years.
Huh, interesting, but not really surprising since 134 sucks. I really miss the days of R12. Damn you EPA and your stupid ozone layer!
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:36 PM 03-06-2015
Huh, interesting, but not really surprising since 134 sucks. I really miss the days of R12. Damn you EPA and your stupid ozone layer!
Yeah I have never liked it at all either, lol.

And I know it makes no sense but my recycler will tell me exactly what I pulled out. Sometimes it's spot on but after the vac it cools much better. I don't get how moisture could get in the system without losing freon...
[Reply]
vailpass 08:03 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I thought putting "the" in front of highway numbers was just a California thing.
Nope...
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:02 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Nope...
It's spreading like measles and needs to be stopped.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:46 PM 03-11-2015
Was thinking about just a simple orbital polisher such as this. I read somewhere that orbital is better than rotary to avoid swirls. The same one linked here is $25 at Walmart. Not sure if I would go with 6 or 10 inches though? I know I couldn't use the chemical guys polishing pads if I went with the 10 inches and they seem to have a lot of options.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038YNA16/...I29JLNCRSHPM8Z

Here's the 6 incher (No KC NATIVE)

http://www.amazon.com/Carrand-94000A...bital+polisher
[Reply]
irocdave 08:31 PM 03-11-2015
Didn't read the entire thread but just commenting on your polisher question. If you get a scratch in the paint, it takes abrasive measure to sand it out. You can pet it for hours with light duty equipment, magic elixirs etc. If the scratch isn't through the factory clear you use a heavy cutting compound, then work your way back up with less aggressive compounds and feather out on the panel. Cheap gimmick devices and or compounds are not a permanent solution. If your going that route just buy some color tinted wax, they come with a colored wax stick to wipe over the scratch then wax over it. It will be gone after a couple of waxes though. Light scratches in clear should be basically sanded out then worked back to a mirror finish. Swirl marks come form skipping steps. It takes time, the right products and tools to get it right. Look for 3M products...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up