ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 246 of 251
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***
gblowfish 11:01 PM 09-29-2014
Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:05 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
As long as you don't watch the games then your point about giving up on them was sincere, and I can respect that. We can agree on that, right?
That works...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:07 AM 10-01-2014
Really glad I took this morning off from work.

I needed the sleep. I needed the recovery. What a night. Wow.

Watching the replay of the game on MLB Network. It just hit the 8th inning. This should be fun.

By the way, if you weren't a believer in Brandon Finnegan before last night, I imagine you are now. What a performance from the rookie, who in March was coming off a 5-11 sophomore season at TCU and now is being compared to David Price (in terms of role if not stature).

That kid is the real deal.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:10 AM 10-01-2014
Still want to sign Kennedy rather than put Fin in the rotation?

I guess there's doubt Duffy can go an entire season. Still, he's in the rotation if I'm DM
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:17 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Still want to sign Kennedy rather than put Fin in the rotation?

I guess there's doubt Duffy can go an entire season. Still, he's in the rotation if I'm DM
I still like the idea of trading for Kennedy because I'm pretty confident he gives KC about 90 percent of what Shields can (and he shouldn't be that expensive to acquire).

I like having rotation depth. Would much rather see Finnegan be the Royals. No. 6 starter at the beginning of the year, for control purposes and for injury/suckage insurance.

Duffy and Ventura SHOULD be good to pitch about 200 innings next year, as should Vargas and Guthrie. But I like insurance.

EDIT: But I will say... every time I see Finnegan pitch, I become more OK with the idea of him as the 5th starter next season.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:30 AM 10-01-2014
Couple thoughts as I get ready to go to work (thank God I took the morning off).

I agreed with most of Ned's decisions last night, but I strongly disagreed with one very crucial decision in the middle of the game. I think you all know which one. I'm not opposed to bringing Ventura into a playoff game to lock it down, but I don't think that was the time. Shields was supposed to be the man, he had a good 5th inning, his pitchcount was fine, and he didn't look THAT bad in the 6th. Whatever, we got away with it, and I agreed with the bunting shenanigans and insane running that he was calling for late in the game.

I just KNEW we were going to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings. I just knew were we gonna drive in that runner from third. In the 12th inning when we had the game tied after Gordon was out, I no longer knew what was going to happen. I didn't really think we were going to stop playing baseball. Right before we won, I thought I was trapped in baseball purgatory and damned to watch this never-ending game forever.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:37 AM 10-01-2014
Congratulations Royals fans. Hope my Giants can meet you in the world series.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:47 AM 10-01-2014
30.3 tv rating for the game in Kansas City last night.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:48 AM 10-01-2014
Did you hear Dayton Moore.

He said quote for quote about Finnegan " He saved our season."
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:51 AM 10-01-2014
Probably already been discussed but I missed it last night.

What was the deal with Hosmers potential double down the 1st base side that got taken away? It looked like it touched the first basemans glove first?
[Reply]
Hootie 10:58 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

What was the deal with Hosmers potential double down the 1st base side that got taken away? It looked like it touched the first basemans glove first?
Complete, utter, UNACCEPTABLE bullshit missed call.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:00 AM 10-01-2014

I got to watch that this morning. In a matchup this big, TBS/MLB had no cameras angles covering the 1B/3B lines? I found that a little odd.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:03 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Couple thoughts as I get ready to go to work (thank God I took the morning off).

I agreed with most of Ned's decisions last night, but I strongly disagreed with one very crucial decision in the middle of the game. I think you all know which one. I'm not opposed to bringing Ventura into a playoff game to lock it down, but I don't think that was the time. Shields was supposed to be the man, he had a good 5th inning, his pitchcount was fine, and he didn't look THAT bad in the 6th. Whatever, we got away with it, and I agreed with the bunting shenanigans and insane running that he was calling for late in the game.

I just KNEW we were going to win the game in the bottom of the 9th, 10th, and 11th innings. I just knew were we gonna drive in that runner from third. In the 12th inning when we had the game tied after Gordon was out, I no longer knew what was going to happen. I didn't really think we were going to stop playing baseball. Right before we won, I thought I was trapped in baseball purgatory and damned to watch this never-ending game forever.
Did you see Finnegan pitch against Moss? Leaving Shields in against Moss was not an option.

Two options there: Duffy or Finnegan.

But, classic Ned. Terrible with his bullpen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Congratulations Royals fans. Hope my Giants can meet you in the world series.
Not happening.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:13 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Complete, utter, UNACCEPTABLE bullshit missed call.
Fuckin announcer said it was "the right call". I was like "WHAAAAAT??!!"
[Reply]
Bowser 11:13 AM 10-01-2014

I was going to ask this as well. Hootie's response was almost verbatim what I said when it happened last night.
[Reply]
Page 246 of 251
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250 > Last »
Up