ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 287
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:21 AM 12-31-2015
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Watched Alpha Dog, it's a little older, but was a good movie.. Not sure if it's based on a true story, but was a good watch.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16636250/n...ind-alpha-dog/
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:43 AM 12-31-2015
Went on a binge over Xmas

Star Wars - Stunning execution, but a little too much of a nostalgic revisiting than a stunning new work. Seemed like they were ticking off fan service beats more than telling an innovative new story. More applause for 'hey, there's that again' than 'wow that was surprising.' Reminded me of an Eagles or Journey reunion concert. Also, not entirely his fault, but I can't yet see Adam Driver without the mental image of him ass fucking Lena Dunham on Girls. That's a big magilla of a brain scar to overcome.

Bridge of Spies - workmanlike, classic Spielberg. Hanks delivers. Didn't quite capture the tension of the actual events, despite overplaying the drama of the Red Scare. Maybe I'm just a few years too young, but the Cold War told through the tears of children watching 'stop, drop and roll' has never resonated with me. There's so much more drama inherent in the fears of the adults facing espionage embarrassments than kids being terrorized by annihilation. Raylance's Abel was the quiet star in his dogged resignation along with Hanks. For some reason, Amy Ryan playing a 50's housewife made me sad. She can be so much more dynamic than Spielberg gave her to work with.

Inside Out - Didn't catch all of it, but what I caught was very solid, and all the rug rats were entranced. Surprised so many of them made it this far without catching it. Very innovative and moving.

Mad Max - Conceptually not my cup of tea, but very expertly executed. Lots of memorable visuals, and a straightforward propulsive narrative. Liked it more than I expected to [punk apocalypse is not my scene], but not the 'best of 2015' so many have touted it as. Perhaps more accurately 'best version of this movie possible.'

Hateful Eight - Disappointed. More on this in the H8ful thread. Too much like a stage play, or campfire story time. Maybe if all the stories were as compelling as Walken's 'wristwatch up my ass' speech in Pulp Fiction, QT could have gotten away with so much of the movie being exposition. But this struck me as more 'Four Rooms' than Django or Kill Bill.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:26 PM 01-01-2016
watched 'Sicario' the other day.

really well done. Intense, and brings up tough questions without being too preachy.

Great stuff.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:56 PM 01-01-2016
I thought The Big Short was just OK. It's a good story and it's well acted, I just hate that type of film style. Like when they pause the scene and the guy talks straight to the camera.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I thought The Big Short was just OK. It's a good story and it's well acted, I just hate that type of film style. Like when they pause the scene and the guy talks straight to the camera.
Breaking the 4th wall
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:34 PM 01-01-2016
Watched 11:14 earlier today. Is about 8 years old, but was a good story. Def had some plot holes but I'm pretty good about not picking them apart and just going with the movie. Enjoyed it, and the whole movie I was thinking the Cheri character was Jamie Lynn Spears and it wasn't. Crazy cuz that girl looks a lot like Britney.
[Reply]
Miles 10:44 PM 01-01-2016
Watched a random one on Netfix this afternoon - Flame and Citron that was rather good. About two Dutch resistance guys in WWII.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:46 AM 01-02-2016
Saw "Joy" over New Year's and don't understand what all the Academy Award hoopla is for. Good movie but nothing of AA quality tho' JL always acts well.

Is about Joy Mangano who invented the Miracle Mop and later other products for the home. I coulda' waited for this to come out on DVD. I did look up her Huggable Hangers and am sold though.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:24 PM 01-02-2016
Creed was good. A little long.

I like Michael B. Jordan from Friday night lights. He is a good actor and must be a great athlete too.

A bit fragmented at times. Rocky has to face a few demons too. Rocky has to be a teacher, mentor.

Fight scenes are very real.
[Reply]
frankotank 03:16 PM 01-04-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Watched a pretty good b horror movie last night. Was called We Are Still Here. Prob one of the better ones I've seen in a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by Fish:
So I found this movie the other day. Never heard of it when it came out. But I was pleasantly surprised. Rollins was awesome. Dark comedy horror. The movie has a few flaws, but overall it was really entertaining.

I've come close to watching both of these a couple times but always found something else....
watched the trailers.

the first one looks pretty damn good!
the Rollins one looks FUCKING AWESOME!!! may watch that tonight! :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:13 PM 01-07-2016
Watched Trainwreck over the break. Fucking meh. I'm not usually one to point out how shitty the chemistry in a movie....but the characters in this one had fucking none.
[Reply]
Fish 04:19 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Watched Trainwreck over the break. Fucking meh. I'm not usually one to point out how shitty the chemistry in a movie....but the characters in this one had fucking none.
Agreed. It just didn't work.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:18 PM 01-09-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
So I found this movie the other day. Never heard of it when it came out. But I was pleasantly surprised. Rollins was awesome. Dark comedy horror. The movie has a few flaws, but overall it was really entertaining.

I really liked this. cool story and Rollins quircky character was just brilliant.
"never call me again"....too funny

one big flaw I noticed was....
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 10:39 AM 01-10-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
I really liked this. cool story and Rollins quircky character was just brilliant.
"never call me again"....too funny

one big flaw I noticed was....
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

It was pretty cool. I think with a bigger budget and a little more work it could have been a cult classic. Rollins' dark humor was just perfect though.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:13 PM 01-10-2016
Watched this on a plane. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Bobby Fisher vs. Boris Spassky....

Tobey Maguire does an outstanding job playing Fisher.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 287
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150190240 > Last »
Up