ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Air Conditioner Service
salame 01:29 PM 05-16-2012
I need the coils cleaned on my compressor outside of the house. I also just want a general inspection, coolant, etc. How much does this type of thing usually run. I am going to have a friend of a friend look at it but you know how that goes. I don't want to think I'm getting a decent deal while getting ripped off. Thanks for any input.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:21 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I bought the condenser comb from Amazon it was cheap enough. I went back to a table or butter knife its faster and easier IMO.
Yeah if they're bent over severely it's tough, and sometimes impossible, to drag those plastic combs through them.

And yes, cottonwood trees are the fucking devil when it comes to AC condensers. It will suck that cotton in between those fins and pack it in tight. Grass clippings as well.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yeah if they're bent over severely it's tough, and sometimes impossible, to drag those plastic combs through them.

And yes, cottonwood trees are the fucking devil when it comes to AC condensers. It will suck that cotton in between those fins and pack it in tight. Grass clippings as well.
No grass or Cottonwoods here.

Yeehaw!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:49 PM 07-29-2021
Yes clean the condenser unit of leaves yard clipping dust and weed seed. Depending on the environment once weekly every couple weeks if you don't have much of these things. Any bent down vents you can open back up with a butter knife but no deeper than 1/2 ".

Do this first

Stay on top of filter replacement even if it doesn't look dirty it probably is if it's been in a while. Buy the cheap filters they are less restrictive but still collect particulates. The expensive three and four-month filters do more harm than good.

A good cleaning of coils from the inside with a moderate stream of water at beginning of the cooling season is a good idea.

A portable vac or wisk broom can clean the outside condenser if can get to it. A hose can tend to push weed seed deeper.
Lolol at cleaning ur ac condenser weekly. Aint nobody got time for that

Good news for lewdog...not alot of trees, leaves, grass and cottonwoods in the desert to mess em up in the SW
[Reply]
srvy 08:56 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Good news for lewdog...not alot of trees, leaves, grass and cottonwoods in the desert to mess em up in the SW
Probably you could manage just cut back your CP trolling time a smidge.

A little sweat in the heat won't hurt you and will give you a good reason to shower.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:56 PM 07-29-2021

I’d pay to watch you and billay fuck
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:30 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I’d pay to watch you and billay fuck
Are you actually Jewish? What an enigma.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:24 PM 07-30-2021
How am I trolling? I don't do anything myself. At all. I signed up for a service plan to specifically avoid this issue and so they do it for me. It's 2021..I would think we could create efficient machines where you don't have to spray out the condenser unit monthly. I assure you 90% of the population doesn't do this more than twice a year along with half not even knowing they need to do it to begin with.
Pulling statistics out of your ass doesn't make them true.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:46 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Pulling statistics out of your ass doesn't make them true.
I am the all knowing omniscient one. Based on my experiences with people I know and neighbors, no fucking way most people are cleaning their AC condenser out more than twice a year.
[Reply]
srvy 01:16 PM 07-30-2021
On top of wondering why you have A/C units crapping out in five years, you are also a nosy neighbor.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:00 PM 07-30-2021
On top of wondering why you have A/C units crapping out in five years, you are also a nosy neighbor.
Do you need a hug? If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here for you. I'm nosy after all.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:39 PM 09-21-2022
My search and thread starting skills are ass so I'm bumping.

After almost 30 years and one tornado my AC has finally said FU. Day 3 of no AC during the last super fuck yourself heat streak of the year. Just our luck.

Any advice on AC brands or things to look for before get'n bent over appreciated. I don't wanna' do this again any time soon and I'd prefer to spend a bit more now and get some reliability and muscle due to poor windows and grandkids living downstairs.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:19 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:

After almost 30 years and one tornado my AC has finally said FU. Day 3 of no AC during the last super fuck yourself heat streak of the year. Just our luck.

Any advice on AC brands or things to look for before get'n bent over appreciated. I don't wanna' do this again any time soon and I'd prefer to spend a bit more now and get some reliability and muscle due to poor windows and grandkids living downstairs.
Trane or Carrier. Make sure that the company you use is highly rated and recommended. The service and technicians mean as much as the equipment for the most part.
[Reply]
srvy 09:22 PM 09-21-2022
Anymore a couple of companies own them all Lennox being one of them. I have had an Armstong Air for 24 years now the only thing I have had to do is replace a cap a few years ago and This Summer the condenser fan blower motor went out and I replaced it myself along with the cap. I don't know if it's still a brand that is available or who owns it now. I do know Trane and Lennox are very popular and parts are readily available through Amazon if you are handy.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:20 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:

There are only 4 or 5 makers of HVAC systems, each having their own brands. For example Rheem and Ruud are made by the same manufacturer.

You should think about replacing the complete system, furnace and AC at the same time

My compressor in the AC went tits up this summer and for comparisons sake for a 3.5ton AC and a new furnace installed and I paid $7700 cash.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:21 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Trane or Carrier. Make sure that the company you use is highly rated and recommended. The service and technicians mean as much as the equipment for the most part.
Be sure to be prepared for sticker shock on Trane and Carrier.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up