ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Air Conditioner Service
salame 01:29 PM 05-16-2012
I need the coils cleaned on my compressor outside of the house. I also just want a general inspection, coolant, etc. How much does this type of thing usually run. I am going to have a friend of a friend look at it but you know how that goes. I don't want to think I'm getting a decent deal while getting ripped off. Thanks for any input.
[Reply]
D.A.P. 07:08 AM 07-28-2021
It’s all ball bearings.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 07:15 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
that is what the guy said. Wish I could order one off amazon.
Neighbor had a fan motor go out.. I really think I could fix that.

It is a Bryant
If you're in a decent size city, there should be a local store to buy a capacitor. My AC quit last week and it was a $25 capactior that I was able to purchase at a local electrical parts store. Also, you can buy them on Amazon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:24 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
If you're in a decent size city, there should be a local store to buy a capacitor. My AC quit last week and it was a $25 capactior that I was able to purchase at a local electrical parts store. Also, you can buy them on Amazon.
I will look at the owners manual to see if it is one or many. The worst thing that can happen is it is still broken.

Assuming in the outside unit.

I am leaving Fri again. Wife and kid 2 at home. But supposed to be less humid after storms tonight.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:30 AM 07-28-2021
I will look at the owners manual to see if it is one or many. The worst thing that can happen is it is still broken.
Or you could die
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:32 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
If you're lucky it's just a capacitor
I'm thinking fixer valve
[Reply]
redfan 07:32 AM 07-28-2021
I'm gonna assume you checked your fusebox. Inside fan running?
Get out your volt meter and check to see if the unit is getting power to it. Sounds like a cap, def electrical somewhere along the line.

edit: Saw fan brace is hot. Fan motor likely fried.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:38 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by :
Fan brace is hot.
Not liking this part.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:47 AM 07-28-2021
had a neighbor with a bad fan motor earlier this summer. 1000 bucks
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:53 AM 07-28-2021
They certainly don't make shit like they used to
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:53 AM 07-28-2021
that is what the guy said. Wish I could order one off amazon.
Neighbor had a fan motor go out.. I really think I could fix that.

It is a Bryant
You can order one of off Amazon, you just need to know the microfarad rating. Probably a 35/5 or a 45/5 dual run like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Genteq-c3455r...6ZY66QZ5&psc=1
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:55 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Not liking this part.
Yeah that makes it sound like the motor is cooked, especially if it's so hot it's uncomfortable to the touch.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:56 AM 07-28-2021
I saw this. Not sure if it is right, but holy cow. It just looks like a few wiring harnesses and screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Carrier-Bryan.../dp/B00401EOKM

going to find a model number when it quits raining. I do not have an owners manual to the outside unit
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:57 AM 07-28-2021
If you're able to, go remove the electrical access cover from the condensing unit and take a peek at the cap and see if looks swelled up and bulged out. If so, there's your problem.
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:58 AM 07-28-2021
I saw this. Not sure if it is right, but holy cow. It just looks like a few wiring harnesses and screws.

https://www.amazon.com/Carrier-Bryan.../dp/B00401EOKM
Yeah if it's only 5 yrs old you can get a plug and play replacement.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yeah that makes it sound like the motor is cooked, especially if it's so hot it's uncomfortable to the touch.
To be fair, I have a black toolbox that's uncomfortable to the touch the last 3 weeks. I don't think the motor is bad on the toolbox. :-)

Yeah, it's probably the motor. You've probably tried it already, but make sure there is no debris around the outside unit. It needs air for heat exchange.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up