ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Air Conditioner Service
salame 01:29 PM 05-16-2012
I need the coils cleaned on my compressor outside of the house. I also just want a general inspection, coolant, etc. How much does this type of thing usually run. I am going to have a friend of a friend look at it but you know how that goes. I don't want to think I'm getting a decent deal while getting ripped off. Thanks for any input.
[Reply]
jet62 01:33 PM 05-16-2012
The price of R-22 (Freon) has gone up 250% from last year. Thanks to the EPA. If you don't have a leaker, a Spring check up is around $50. Get ready to pay $50 for a pound of Freon if you need it.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 01:40 PM 05-16-2012
I've had really good luck with AB May.

I think they're around $80 for just a general service call.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 02:17 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
I've had really good luck with AB May.

I think they're around $80 for just a general service call.
Yup, if you live in KC, AB May is a good company. They replaced my furnace a couple of years ago, and they're coming out next week to replace my AC. Every person I've dealt with (from salesman to tech to installer to receptionist) have always been friendly, and they do good work. I'm sure you could find some place cheaper, but IMO you get what you pay for.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:17 PM 05-16-2012
JFC, clean your coil your damn self. It isn't that hard. And as long as the low pressure line is sweating when it's hot out it's probably fine.

And yes, the price of R-22 has gone up, but not as much as was mentioned earlier. We were paying around $200/tank last year and now we're paying a little over $300.
[Reply]
salame 03:35 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
JFC, clean your coil your damn self. It isn't that hard. And as long as the low pressure line is sweating when it's hot out it's probably fine.

And yes, the price of R-22 has gone up, but not as much as was mentioned earlier. We were paying around $200/tank last year and now we're paying a little over $300.
How would I go about doing this?
[Reply]
Ace Gunner 04:54 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by salame:
How would I go about doing this?
first locate the system shut off switch or breaker and kill power. here's a couple ways;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAwnxuPfHKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtT6...ture=endscreen
[Reply]
Inspector 05:30 AM 05-17-2012
Neece Heating & Cooling
550-8528

This is one of my son's company. Use them unless you enjoy getting ripped off. Check Angies list for deals. Best service in town.
[Reply]
bevischief 06:57 AM 05-17-2012
Sucks to be you if you have to turn the air on already...
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:36 AM 05-17-2012

It's skyrocketed here in ok. People are throwing fits that we raised our labor prices and r22 prices. Only allow us 2 bottles a week now.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:43 AM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Sucks to be you if you have to turn the air on already...
No it doesn't. AC weather is pool weather.
[Reply]
salame 10:41 PM 02-24-2016
Bump, because I need this done again. Thanks y'all
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:47 AM 07-28-2021
Bump-ac out

Service date available- Aug 3

Woke up this morning and it is 75

Fan outside is not moving or anything running. No water dripping inside to the drain.
Fan brace is hot.

Have all the shades drawn, fan on and air exchanger on high-
but it is supposed to be
FUCKING HOT TODAY.

And the unit is 5 years old. New house.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:55 AM 07-28-2021
If you're lucky it's just a capacitor
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:00 AM 07-28-2021
If you're lucky it's just a capacitor
that is what the guy said. Wish I could order one off amazon.
Neighbor had a fan motor go out.. I really think I could fix that.

It is a Bryant
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up