ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you do for a living (job) and help you out thread.
bevischief 11:16 PM 07-27-2021
What do you do for living? Would you like to us know you thread. So we know who to call.
[Reply]
eDave 02:23 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I drive. Uber and all that stuff. I had to start doing that because I couldn't find a job. I lost my job of 19 years when the lockdowns started in 2020. I've been looking for a good job. Signed up on all the sites. I have my resume posted on all the sites and apps. And with that comes a lot of BS offers and phony scammy stuff. I've had a couple interviews in the last 6 months that went well but I ended up not getting the jobs. Which really sucked but it is what it is.
Ziprecruiter is the worst! If it's an Indian dude or dudette, I ain't returning the call. Good luck to you, man. Stay persistent.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:24 PM 07-30-2021
I drive. Uber and all that stuff. I had to start doing that because I couldn't find a job. I lost my job of 19 years when the lockdowns started in 2020. I've been looking for a good job. Signed up on all the sites. I have my resume posted on all the sites and apps. And with that comes a lot of BS offers and phony scammy stuff. I've had a couple interviews in the last 6 months that went well but I ended up not getting the jobs. Which really sucked but it is what it is.
What's your experience in?
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:46 PM 07-30-2021
Stay away Icarus! He'll have you shoveling pig shit!
[Reply]
lcarus 02:49 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What's your experience in?
Desiging, engraving, and building awards. Plaques, trophies, cups, glass and acrylic awards, medals. All that kind of stuff. It's a tough job to follow. Pretty specific skillset. I operated laser and rotary engravers. Usually ended up managing the whole small business though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:56 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ziprecruiter is the worst! If it's an Indian dude or dudette, I ain't returning the call. Good luck to you, man. Stay persistent.
I’ve yet to get a job from the Indian recruiters. They are the worst. I only return calls or work with American recruiters.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:45 PM 07-30-2021
Desiging, engraving, and building awards. Plaques, trophies, cups, glass and acrylic awards, medals. All that kind of stuff. It's a tough job to follow. Pretty specific skillset. I operated laser and rotary engravers. Usually ended up managing the whole small business though.
I know nobody in that industry LOL.
[Reply]
eDave 06:04 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve yet to get a job from the Indian recruiters. They are the worst. I only return calls or work with American recruiters.
I've never been email scammed so bad in my life. What a mess.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:33 PM 07-30-2021
I'm retired now, they say you'll have 3 careers in your life.

I enlisted in the Army in '69, I was in JC and felt left out of the war. So they sent me to Korea. I was an air traffic controller. Got out after 3 years.

Went to work for the FAA as a controller, 3 years at St. Pete/Clearwater tower and then 8 years at Pensacola approach. Then was one of 12,000 controllers fired in 1981 by President Reagan for striking against the federal govenment.

I told myself I would never work for anyone else again, opened a recored store outside Savannah, Georgia near Ft. Stewart in '82. Did very well until Desert Storm, closed in '89.

Opened a mail order and eventual online import CD and record business, sort of Amazon and Virgin Records, but I never had the foresight of those guys, I was too much a micro-manager. Retired in 2004 and live in Florida and play golf.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:47 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by :
just leave a message, maybe I'll call.
This is what I tell my clients when they ask for my cell phone number. You have my home number (with a machine), you have my office number (with a machine). I don't want a leash. "Maybe I'll call".
[Reply]
Holladay 08:50 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by :
I teach proper writing technique. PM me
D'oh. Left a mark.
[Reply]
prhom 11:16 PM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I sell rocks and metal.
I look for, and sometimes even find, that metal you’re selling.
[Reply]
eDave 01:06 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by prhom:
I look for, and sometimes even find, that metal you’re selling.
Gold Digger?
[Reply]
theoldcoach 05:17 AM 07-31-2021
I'm 74 years old.

I don't do a damned thing.

And I don't start that until noon.
[Reply]
Jethopper 08:15 AM 07-31-2021
Design build and install signage
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 AM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach: