Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing RB Jerick McKinnon
Dante84 01:59 PM 04-30-2021

The @Chiefs are signing FA RB Jerrick McKinnon, per sources. @nflnetwork @gmfb

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:18 PM 01-17-2023
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
https://frontofficenfl.com/2020/05/2...alary-benefit/

The type Wylie is playing on (and Sherman had played on) isn't available for McKinnon because he hasn't been on the team for 4 years.

The other deal is for the vet minimum (plus a modest bonus) and only counts at a 2nd year players minimum to the cap.

So for him to be doing us any favors he'd have to be willing to sign a one year deal for the minimum for his years. Which I don't see happening.
Correct - gotta be here 4 years for that thing to have any meaningful impact.

I'm hoping they can bring Saunders back on it. Nnadi would be another candidate but he's been so disappointing this year. And heck, Wylie as a swing T and/or backup G is fine.

Honestly, Jerick would be wise to take the best deal he can get from whoever offers it. He's not a young man and this is his last chance to grab a bag. If he can get one of those 3 year, $15 million deals that's really 2/$8 million, he'd be crazy not to take it. Even if it's the Chase Edmonds deal that was something like 2/$12 million but realistically 1 for $6.5.

Grab what you can, brah - RBs don't last long in this league.
[Reply]
-King- 11:40 AM 01-22-2023

#Chiefs RB Jerick McKinnon laid the WOOD in pass protection. #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/XpIEHIl5TB

— Devon Clements (@DevclemNFL) January 21, 2023

Just look at this shit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:47 AM 01-22-2023
Big Jamaal Charles vibes there
[Reply]
lcarus 11:55 AM 01-22-2023
Some things just don't show up on the stat sheet. By just looking at the stats you would think McKinnon had a bad day at the office. But he was great in pass pro all day. I've always loved unsung heroes and guys who do the little things. Guys who love doing the dirty work. Tony Richardson is one of my all-time favorite Chiefs players. People will talk about Priest Holmes and Willie Roaf and Will Shields as they should, but often times people forget how much of a beast blocking FB Richardson was. The same thing applies to Jason Dunn.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:22 PM 01-22-2023

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:38 PM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Some things just don't show up on the stat sheet...
100%. Said something similar in DenverChief's game review thread, plays like those can somewhat silently be real game-changers.

That was the sickest, most violent pass pro block by a RB I've seen since MJD laid out Shawne Merrimann. :-)
[Reply]
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Up