ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Lewdog in the market for a new ride.....
lewdog 09:53 PM 02-19-2015
Not really but lewdog has been presented with a pretty good deal and would like to hear from car enthusiasts. Note, I don't know much about cars but I would like to own a somewhat nice one someday. My current ride is a 2001 Toyota Celica with 98k miles. Boy howdy!

My Father-in-law bought a 2005 Mustang GT Premium new on custom order and has kept the car this whole time garaged/covered. He only drove it during the short summers in Montana. It only has 14,500 miles on it! He's done quite a few modifications, which I have scanned below. Not sure what it all means but it's around 10k of modifications.

He's wanting to sell it as it's never gotten much use and is offering it to me for 13k. When comparing this to other Mustang GTs of that year, it's lower in price and has lower miles.

Photos below.

Thoughts on what lewdog should do?

[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:56 AM 07-31-2021
I'll give you a grand 1500 if you drive it to Kansas City
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:58 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nah we already have an SUV and I have a crappy daily driver.

Just not being used and it’s becoming a chore to drive it a few times a month, wash/wax and do routine maintenance. Life is too busy!
I often feel the same way about my Camaro. And when I do, I know it means it's time to pull the t-tops off, fire the fucker up, crank up the Motley Crue and get burning through the gears. And then I'm good for another week or so.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:33 PM 07-31-2021

Just not being used and it’s becoming a chore to drive it a few times a month, wash/wax and do routine maintenance. Life is too busy!
Guess you didn't take my advice...

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Screw that, drive it.

[Reply]
Miles 01:58 PM 07-31-2021

A pretty good time to sell a spare car right now if you are not really getting use from it. Particularly if you are not looking forward to driving it. If you sell at this peak you can go another direction when the market corrects should you regret it.

Do you still enjoy driving it when you get around to it? Maybe try daily driving it for a bit?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up