ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Air Conditioner Service
salame 01:29 PM 05-16-2012
I need the coils cleaned on my compressor outside of the house. I also just want a general inspection, coolant, etc. How much does this type of thing usually run. I am going to have a friend of a friend look at it but you know how that goes. I don't want to think I'm getting a decent deal while getting ripped off. Thanks for any input.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:25 PM 09-21-2022
Think about supply issues. Some units might not be as available as you would like.

Make sure that what ever company you go with they provide you with something like a portable AC until they can install. Any decent HVAC company worth anything can provide that basic need.
[Reply]
redfan 07:57 AM 09-22-2022
Any of the major brands will do.
Carrier, Bryant, Goodman, Lennox, Trane, Rheem, American Standard, York.

I just replaced our old unit with Bryant condenser and evaporator coils. Very nice, air at the vents is a lovely 56 degrees. 3k installed, but that's just for coils and lineset; the air handler is newish.

Keep those coils clean and stuff should last 20+ years. Esp. if you don't hit your condenser (outside unit) with a string trimmer! Our last AC lasted 25 years, and it wasn't taken care of very well for most of its life.
[Reply]
scho63 08:02 AM 09-22-2022
Trane
Lennox
Carrier
Rheem

Those are 4 best.

Also you may want to wait a month as prices should drop for A/C units
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up