ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 53 of 114
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:37 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Some people just exist to bitch. They hated the new airport, but love that the World Cup is coming and that the NFL draft was held here. They hate the airport because it is "in the middle of nowhere", but want the Chiefs and Royals to move to the far west exurb. What kind of city do you want to live in? So many are miserable and the only thing that will make them happy is dropping a bag of cash on their doorstep.
Nah, if you dropped a bag of cash on their doorsteps, many would complain it was too heavy...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Yes he did, he said the area around the stadium wasn't worthy of development.
He's not wrong.

The real 'bad guys' in all this are the folks that ran the county and business leaders in/around Independence. I mean it's not like the Legends sprang up from some hotbed of economic activity. Folks grabbed the wheel and made it happen.

Jackson County just never proactively worked towards developing that area. When the city was growing, it grew north and west. But it didn't HAVE to be that way. And the Truman complex was a natural focal point to create some gravitational pull and bring that growth that direction.

City/county leaders simply failed. For decades. And now there's likely to be a reckoning.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:45 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's not wrong.

The real 'bad guys' in all this are the folks that ran the county and business leaders in/around Independence. I mean it's not like the Legends sprang up from some hotbed of economic activity. Folks grabbed the wheel and made it happen.

Jackson County just never proactively worked towards developing that area. When the city was growing, it grew north and west. But it didn't HAVE to be that way. And the Truman complex was a natural focal point to create some gravitational pull and bring that growth that direction.

City/county leaders simply failed. For decades. And now there's likely to be a reckoning.
I just wonder who's sat on the land around Raytown Road thinking they'd get a speculative payday.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:47 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Yes he did, he said the area around the stadium wasn't worthy of development.
...and he is correct, which begs the question: "which area IS worthy of development?". Finding the right combination of inexpensive land that allows a similar tailgating experience, and close proximity to real entertainment districts is a very difficult challenge. Does it even exist?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:48 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Mark Donovan is a smug asshole. Anyone that has ever met him would tell you the same.
He's always smart enough to stand behind Mahomes and Andy Reid for locker room footage.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 AM 04-03-2024
...and he is correct, which begs the question: "which area IS worthy of development?". Finding the right combination of inexpensive land that allows a similar tailgating experience, and close proximity to real entertainment districts is a very difficult challenge. Does it even exist?
Wyandotte and the legends tick a large number of boxes.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:55 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I just wonder who's sat on the land around Raytown Road thinking they'd get a speculative payday.
The complex and much of the surrounds are in Kansas City, so additional residential development was always dicey due to KC School Dist. Almost all the surrounding area not comprised of blue-collar housing is zoned indsutrial (and for a reason), and the Leeds plant dominated the area at the time, plus it was mostly freeway and rail lines. The area was never a strong candidate for development, but they chose the site because it was large, cheap, and had great highway access...those were the important factors at the time.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:55 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
But that's in *gasp* KANSAS!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:56 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Not for baseball.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:56 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Mark has been a little uppity throughout this process. He called out the Royals concrete cancer and was rebuffed rather easily. I think they stay at Arrowhead it might cost more than what was on this vote because the next one likely won't just have some generic AI rendering of bar stools behind the end zone and a 1 mile VIP concrete walk way.
I didn't quite understand why the Chiefs didn't pitch a brand new stadium where the K is at once they left.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:57 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Not for baseball.
No one gives a shit about the Royals. They can fuck off to Nashville or SLC or wherever the fuck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I didn't quite understand why the Chiefs didn't pitch a brand new stadium where the K is at once they left.
Which brings me back to "They threw the match"

They want a new stadium. And they don't want it in Jackson County.

If they did, that would've been exactly what they proposed. And they couldn't have really expected to get anywhere with what they put out there.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:00 AM 04-03-2024
"Rainy Day" surpluses of a state aren't earmarked for stadium construction. Kansas would have to go through the same protracted battle and long term tax sales that Jackson is going through. Which county gets the future tax benefits? Does the rest of the state get a split since the funds are also theirs? Does the state decrease taxes in future years, since they obviously "collected too much" in the first place? Kansas won't be writing a check without some big battles.
I understand that. I'm just saying that the state of Kansas is in excellent shape if they want to throw out long term incentives.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:00 AM 04-03-2024
I'm going to be salty as fuck if the Royals pivot to Clay and we end up giving them their stadium
[Reply]
tk13 09:00 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I imagine it's because Clark thought fans valued the history and atmosphere of Arrowhead, and as Donovan said the area isn't worth developing. If they're going to build new they're going to do it wherever they can make as much money as possible.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 114
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up