ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
Rausch 04:22 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Chiefsgurl18

Dang, and where do you work at?...I'm thinking pizza hut.
Nah, it's a mom and pop pizza place...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:24 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCChiefsMan

I know a hell of a lot about dealing with people
No you don't. Apparently you know nothing at all about how to deal with people...
[Reply]
PastorMikH 04:37 PM 01-08-2003
If I remember right, Paul is working in pre-law. Paul, you have the makings of a fine lawyer.:-)

Seriously, people are going to stiff you. You are going to bust your tail with a $50 table and get stuck with no tip. It happens. Some people are going to act like complete jerks. Basically because some of them are. It is all part of working with the public.

Maybe you recognize those people the next time they come in, but it still doesn't make your actions right.

Personally, I would have much more respect for a waiter/waitress if they caught me on the way out and mentioned to me that they noticed the tip was a little slim and if there was some problem with the service rather than take out thier frustrations on me the next time a come in.

Shoot, for all you know, the bus boy could be slipping some of the top before you get to your tips.
[Reply]
Phobia 04:44 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pastormikh
Shoot, for all you know, the bus boy could be slipping some of the top before you get to your tips.
Especially if said bus boy is aware of your "convictions" about a percentage of your clientel.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 05:12 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
1) if you come in and I've served you before and I know you don't tip, then they'll just get the worst service in the world (and NO I wouldn't ever spit in the food or shit like that, just no refills and really really slow and rude service)
2) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with the confederate flag on it
3) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with Nascar on it
4) if the person has a mullet
5) if they are rude to me regardless of what you look like
6) if they are missing teeth (unless they are really polite)
7) if they look like they are in high school
8) if they are wearing dirty t-shirts
9) if they are wearing John Deer hats
10) if I just get the "I'm not getting a tip from this table vibe"
We fit some of your criteria yet in a reply to this thread we said the following:

Originally Posted by :
We usually tip a minimum of 15% unless the service (not the meal) sucked. It's always based on the bill. We have a friend that does only tip a couple of bucks everytime we go out together and I make sure that we augment it to at least 15%.
You also told us to stop by Carlos O Kelleys (in October) and now you're at Applebees? What happened? Surely it wasn't anything on your part. :-)
[Reply]
Phobia 05:24 PM 01-08-2003
What about smelly feet? I can't imagine somebody with smelly feet would tip well. I think waiters should be able to toss patrons in the waiting area to determine if they qualify for their services. Maybe a little interview table in which an application can be filled out and credit history reviewed.
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 05:47 PM 01-08-2003
You guys can keep flaming away on him, but at Chili's about 90% of the servers felt the same way, and do the same things.
[Reply]
RJ 07:19 PM 01-08-2003
I stayed in the restaurant/bar business for years after getting a "real job" because I enjoyed the work, the extra $$ and the fact it was great for a young man's social life, if you know what I mean. Being stiffed or poorly tipped was a rare occurence, probably because I was good at my job and had fun with it. Working in sales you deal with rejection every day. There is little rejection when you're the guy with the food and the beer.

Anyhow, as to tips, it was no coincidence that every place I worked there was alway a couple of waiters/waitresses who would pull the most tips every night. Didn't matter what section they were in, what kind of tables they got, what their customers were wearing. They didn't have deals worked out with the hostess. And they all had one thing in common. They were good at their jobs.

If you wait tables and do your job right, are nice to people and make them feel IMPORTANT they will tip you well. If you're doing your job 100% most folks would be embarassed not to.
[Reply]
memyselfI 07:29 PM 01-08-2003
I'm curious of the ages of these hardcore 'the customer sucks' folks.

Perhaps some of us were raised with the concept of customer service...

before you could purchase stuff online without stepping foot into a store or when you could talk to a real woman named Claire and not some voicemail woman.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:51 PM 01-08-2003
If you read their posts you can see they are from a totally different generation.....

What you should see is how this post was first worded by young Cashman...he even went so far as to deny that he called customers stupid...and edited his post......here is what was originally posted:

Originally Posted by :
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers are stupid and so on?????
Sad to say, their attitude is starting to become more prevalent amongst the spolied generation....

mmaddog
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 07:59 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mmaddog
If you read their posts you can see they are from a totally different generation.....

What you should see is how this post was first worded by young Cashman...he even went so far as to deny that he called customers stupid...and edited his post......here is what was originally posted:

Sad to say, their attitude is starting to become more prevalent amongst the spolied generation....

mmaddog
Tell us stories from the olden days, please. ZZZ
[Reply]
Nelson Muntz 08:06 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Above_Average

Tell us stories from the olden days, please. ZZZ

Exhibit A of a poor example of today's youth. :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:26 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Tell us stories from the olden days, please.
Why is it I can always depend upon the weak of mind like you to violate the cardinal rule of survival....

"It's better to remain quiet and make people wonder if you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

mmaddog
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 08:28 PM 01-08-2003
Lighten up. You need more Metamucil in your diet. It was a joke!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:31 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Lighten up. You need more Metamucil in your diet. It was a joke
1) It wasn't a joke...it was meant as an insult on your part...

2) Don't need Metamucil....I eat enough roughage...

mmaddog
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up