ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 432
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
chiefqueen 09:24 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ive actually expected a 1-year post season ban now for a while, but Im not a very biased fan.
I am also expecting a 1-year suspension for Self followed by a 10-15 year "show cause" penalty. Self will be in his 70's before he finishes serving his punishment. I think he has coached his last game at KU,
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by chiefqueen:
I am also expecting a 1-year suspension for Self followed by a 10-15 year "show cause" penalty. Self will be in his 70's before he finishes serving his punishment. I think he has coached his last game at KU,
You are insane. KU just accepts Self never coach again as their best option. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:53 AM 07-25-2022
Either the absolute worst troll attempt ever, or the stupidest post in the history of mootards.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:55 AM 07-25-2022
:-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:56 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Kansas self imposing sanctions on them selves??? Never thought I’d see the day. That means they know they are getting caught unfortunately. We’ll see if the NCAA says that’s enough since they usually don’t come down on blue bloods. Or.. maybe that dildo billay wasn’t wrong this time.

But it probably gets swept under.
The NCAA should be very careful here. Considering all the other shit that came out of the Adidas investigation, including NIKE money getting tossed around, any attempts at coming down hard on KU will end up in a federal court with all the sausage making coming out in the open.

Especially now that it's all legal.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:12 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Either the absolute worst troll attempt ever, or the stupidest post in the history of mootards.
That is the lead water/paint/gasoline addled brain of a boomer on display.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:19 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That is the lead water/paint/gasoline addled brain of a boomer on display.
Def some Independence vibes being portrayed.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:09 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The NCAA should be very careful here. Considering all the other shit that came out of the Adidas investigation, including NIKE money getting tossed around, any attempts at coming down hard on KU will end up in a federal court with all the sausage making coming out in the open.

Especially now that it's all legal.
"Judge (Brett) Kavanaugh put out a blistering consenting opinion, which forecasted the court's view of the NCAA and captured the sentiment that the NCAA is more broadly violating fundamental antitrust laws and had broader questions been brought before the court, the NCAA would have been trounced," explains Andrew F. Dana, a partner at the law firm Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP.

Here’s what I’ve always wondered. The SCOTUS didn’t directly rule on NIL, but made it pretty clear that the NCAA was wrong this entire time.

Do they really want to drop the hammer on a school that was a breaking a rule that was illegal anyway? It’s not like a typical change in policy at a company. The NCAA was flat out wrong this entire time. Is it wise to really want to get even with Kansas over this?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:24 AM 07-25-2022
Why are you such a drama queen? That will never happen.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:28 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
"Judge (Brett) Kavanaugh put out a blistering consenting opinion, which forecasted the court's view of the NCAA and captured the sentiment that the NCAA is more broadly violating fundamental antitrust laws and had broader questions been brought before the court, the NCAA would have been trounced," explains Andrew F. Dana, a partner at the law firm Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP.

Here’s what I’ve always wondered. The SCOTUS didn’t directly rule on NIL, but made it pretty clear that the NCAA was wrong this entire time.

Do they really want to drop the hammer on a school that was a breaking a rule that was illegal anyway? It’s not like a typical change in policy at a company. The NCAA was flat out wrong this entire time. Is it wise to really want to get even with Kansas over this?
What's important here is mutt and corn fans want to see Kansas pay the price for having that oz of weed on them before it became legal. We all know it's kosher nowadays but if you had a fat sack of sticky on you in 2017 you got locked the fuck up!!
[Reply]
sedated 03:41 PM 07-25-2022
Gary Parrish in 810 made some interesting points. Nothing is likely imminent since KU hasn't had their hearing yet, and even after that it generally takes a bit of time. So if they have that soon there might be something definitive by the end of the season. The IARP has moved more from just punishment to being more of a plea bargain situation where they work with programs to come up with compromises. They have also moved more away from punishing people not involved in the original issue, i.e. post-season bans (see NC State), so if KU realized that they are not facing a post-season ban they might have been more willing to work with them and get this all over with.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:20 PM 07-26-2022
Not a bad class so far. First 5* in the 247 era. #1 and #4 recruit in school history in it.

[Reply]
Pablo 06:23 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Not a bad class so far. First 5* in the 247 era.

I'm happy for you. It will be nice when he has a standout freshman year and then transfers to KU!
[Reply]
RustShack 06:46 PM 07-26-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm happy for you. It will be nice when he has a standout freshman year and then transfers to KU!
After the Peach Jam this last weekend apparently NBA scouts said he just needs to show some ability on offense. Which he has another year of HS too. But basically he just needs to average 8 points a game and he’s one and done. They said there isn’t a single recruit in this class that comes close to his ability on defense.

Which is probably why he picked the Cyclones, last year the thought was we didn’t have a chance then our new HC somehow turned a 2-22 team into a dominant team on defense and made the sweet 16.

Also I’ve heard Kansas wasn’t overly interested in him(heard that a few months ago), just the limitations on offense or any insight on that?
[Reply]
Pablo 06:55 PM 07-26-2022
lol no I don’t know anything about the kid. I’m just trolling. Hope he’s fun to watch for you all
[Reply]
Page 23 of 432
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up