ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3118 of 3903
« First < 2118261830183068310831143115311631173118 31193120312131223128316832183618 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 11-15-2020
Been a little easier to cancel al our families holiday plans. Hospitalizations and deaths make it that way I suppose
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Had a family member message me to let me and my dad (who is currently undergoing cancer treatment) know when they were having Thanksgiving. I replied and said thanks, but we're not going anywhere until we get the vaccine. I received the following reply: Well, we're looking forward to seeing you again once you stop letting the government control you. That rushed vaccine will probably kill you before the China virus does. I just replied, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
I go back to Missouri every other year for family Christmas gatherings. This is the year I'm supposed to go back. The vast majority of my family members have hard core beliefs like Arrowheadnations family member. They live very segregated lives. We are not going back this year. We wont say its because we know your not wearing masks or social distancing, its because we are afraid of sitting in an airplane for hours. Making it "our" problem, not because of them.

Originally Posted by loochy:
So you'd cut out a family member based on differing opinions? WTF is wrong with you?
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
That’d be the last of my interaction with that family member.
I'll still love them as family. All my friends that voted for someone else other than my guy will still be my friends. I'd urge you to not lose friends and or family over all this stuff.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:56 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Had a family member message me to let me and my dad (who is currently undergoing cancer treatment) know when they were having Thanksgiving. I replied and said thanks, but we're not going anywhere until we get the vaccine. I received the following reply: Well, we're looking forward to seeing you again once you stop letting the government control you. That rushed vaccine will probably kill you before the China virus does. I just replied, Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
WOW
That was pretty rude on their part. So many better ways to have relayed their thoughts and beliefs. I totally agree with the not willing to take a chance right now. I do agree with the thought of not getting a rushed vaccine though. I have COPD and I am going to go see my sister and her kids for Thanksgiving in Springfield. I trust that they have been being safe as they know that I have been being safe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:55 AM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WOW
That was pretty rude on their part. So many better ways to have relayed their thoughts and beliefs. I totally agree with the not willing to take a chance right now. I do agree with the thought of not getting a rushed vaccine though. I have COPD and I am going to go see my sister and her kids for Thanksgiving in Springfield for Thanksgiving. I trust that they have been being safe as they know that I have been being safe.
My family is in Springfield and Rogersville and I’m not going back.
[Reply]
Fish 12:06 PM 11-15-2020
Man, this sucks....

The Kansas City metro area exceeded 1,300 new cases of coronavirus Saturday to record its highest single-day increase in cases, as local officials move toward new restrictions in hopes of controlling the spread of the virus.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:26 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My family is in Springfield and Rogersville and I’m not going back.
Well if you know they have not been protecting themselves you would be putting yourself at risk. It is totally understandable and reasonable to not want to take that risk.
My sister has RA, Asthma and has been on some immune suppressing medications and with both the kids believing in being diligent about masking and social distancing I feel safe in making the trip.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:54 PM 11-15-2020
I don’t know about anyone else’s family, but at least in mine a typical Christmas is like 5-10x the super-spreader potential over Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is usually one event - 4-5 hours together. Christmas has people in town, multiple gatherings, mixings with in-laws, longer gatherings.

I just can’t even imagine if Thanksgiving turns into a huge super-spreader event which really starts to multiply heading into Christmas. And it seems like that’s exactly what’s going to happen in a lot of places.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:21 PM 11-15-2020
Well hell. Good friend of mine stopped by for diner last week. The next morning he was sick. A roller coaster of fever and chills along with no energy and general flu like symptoms. He got a covid test Friday, supposed to have results in 24 hrs. He still hasn't heard anything, it looks like the 24 hrs doesn't include the weekend.
I'm still stuck at home, isolating until he get's the results. I feel fine but he's getting worse.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:30 PM 11-15-2020
Good luck , got any zinc and vitamin d on hand also Pepcid
[Reply]
stumppy 03:43 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Good luck , got any zinc and vitamin d on hand also Pepcid
Everything but the pepcid.:-)
[Reply]
FAX 04:31 PM 11-15-2020
The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX volunteers at an elder-care facility near us and they test volunteers each week. As part of this process, she had a Rapid Response Antigen test last Tuesday which returned as "positive".

No symptoms (other than kinda pissed).

She just received the results of her follow-up PCR lab test (4-day turnaround) from Vanderbilt.

Negative for COVID.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I thought I would share this anecdotal experience as you weave your own way through the mysteries and enigmas associated with the Fauxci Flu.

FAX
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:25 PM 11-15-2020
I hadn't really thought about this, but when the vaccine comes around and they're prioritizing who gets it, do the people who've had Covid go to the bottom of the list? They're highly resistant or immune already, right? The internet says they should get vaccinated because we don't know how long antibody resistance lasts, but it certainly lasts longer than the zero that a non-Covid person has.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 PM 11-15-2020
Yes if you’ve had a confirmed covid case and recovered you should be lower priority of getting a vaccine early. We know they have immunity just not sure for how long per say.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:03 AM 11-16-2020
More seemingly really good news

Originally Posted by :
Biotechnology firm Moderna announced Monday that a preliminary analysis shows its experimental coronavirus vaccine is nearly 95 percent effective at preventing illness, including severe cases — a striking initial result that leaves the United States with the prospect that two coronavirus vaccines could be available on a limited basis by the end of the year.

[Reply]
O.city 06:43 AM 11-16-2020
These two plus Oxford make it very likely we’ll be out of this mess sooner than later

Add to that it looks like France and Spain have turned the corner using basically the same restrictions as Michigan is now using is good news that we can do this without a lock down
[Reply]
Page 3118 of 3903
« First < 2118261830183068310831143115311631173118 31193120312131223128316832183618 > Last »
Up